cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

@eward1 wrote:

Yeah im at laval/fabreville but my mom and sis are both with public mobile and they seem unaffected 

See my reply here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-make-calls-tell-me-it-s-long-distan...

Try rebooting your phone? What model do you have now? Does it happen when you put the SIM into a different phone?

EDIT: Are you in Quebec?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@eward1 wrote:

Yeah im at laval/fabreville but my mom and sis are both with public mobile and they seem unaffected 

Do you have the 25$ plan and your relatives not?

alexzhenma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am having a werid issue that when I make a local outgoing call , it says I need a long distance addon.  The only thing I did was I switched to a new iphone with same sim card.  could you help me to check why it happens?  by the way , I had the same issue with my other public mobile phone, it was fixed by custom service, It was something went wrong on you end.

Thanks!

Zhen

eward1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Lieux It's normal to have no info about a systemic problem (outage, server down, etc).

@Cam26, which plan do you have?  Have you tried adding 1 in front of the 10 digit number? 

@Cam26  First, try dialing with 1 in front of the number. If that does not work, log in to your self-serve account and verify you have the Talk service in your plan details. If yes, try enabling/disabling the Lost-stolen feature and see if that triggers the talk to work properly. if that also fails, you will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will see what's wrong. 

@eward1 wrote:

By pqyou mean quebec?

Yes

eward1

By pqyou mean quebec?

@Luddite wrote:

@madhi19 wrote:

Well that's good to know. Anybody got a ETA for service to return?

No info at all, but that is normal. Robot Frustrated

What do you mean with.. that is normal?

Cam26

Every time I try to call it tells me it’s long distance and it’s not I can text and get calls but can’t make them 

@madhi19 wrote:

No info at all, but that is normal. Robot Frustrated

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@eward1 If you are in PQ, there is an outage reported affecting everyone there. The best you can do in that case is try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Let us know if you are outside PQ.

eward1

It started happening today, i tried to call my sister and my mom and couldn’t. I have the recorded message that tells me that im trying to make a long distance call (which is fake they are at 15min away from my job) and tells me to dial *611 to get the add on. My mom can call me but i can't call her. I need help to understand whats going on i need this issue fixed asap.

@jackbaurctu  In the mean while, try enabling/disabling the Lost/stolen feature from your self-serve account. This has proven to work for some with this type of issues. 

djean123

Well at least I am not alone and the company must be aware of the issue to fix it.

@djean123  a écrit :

I am also having the same problem but can get no information as ro why. How do you know about the problems in Quebec and will they be fixed. Any info would be appreciated

You can see the problem in  LATEST POSTS and IN LATEST TOPICS on the first page of the community....a lot of people have this issue...Smiley Frustrated

djean123

I am in Montreal. Same problem. It has been on going since this morning!

djean123

I am also having the same problem but can get no information as ro why. How do you know about the problems in Quebec and will they be fixed. Any info would be appreciated

@jackbaurctu  a écrit :

im dialing a local phone number with and without 1 in front and it says I need a long distance plan

how do I contact Moderator_Team?

Unfortunately you are alot in the same situation....nothing can be done here...patience..and text if you are able to...The moderator already knows the problem..Smiley Frustrated

jackbaurctu

im dialing a local phone number with and without 1 in front and it says I need a long distance plan

how do I contact Moderator_Team?

@djean123 wrote:

Also my case! Since this morning everytime i try to make a call it keeps telling me I am calling long distance and I am not! It is so frustrating. You cant even call and get the situation resolved. I paid for my month. Its crazy to not be able to use my phone! 

@rmarijon @Asidie @PickleRick unfortunately you are alot in the same situation....nothing can be done here...patience..and text if you are able to...

djean123

Also my case! Since this morning everytime i try to make a call it keeps telling me I am calling long distance and I am not! It is so frustrating. You cant even call and get the situation resolved. I paid for my month. Its crazy to not be able to use my phone! 

@PickleRick wrote:

I have the same problem and the self service zone is amazingly slow. My guess is we are not alone in this situation.

Unfortunately you are A LOT like that....Smiley Frustrated

Asidie

Same thing for me. I am in Quebec, everytime I try to make an outgoing call, it says "You cannot make this call because it is long distance"

I try to make outgoing call in quebec and I have unlimited provincial talk.

Whats the problem?

Griff45

No your not alone,allday my phone is like that.I dont know why public mobile dont give assistance!!!

@kape3331 @PickleRick @rmarijon @Honey1979 If you are in Quebec they are currently having a problem with their service. They do know about it, you will just have to be patient.

PickleRick

@rmarijon I used the reset password function to access my plan and it took about 10-15 minutes to receive the email (you can reuse the same password when you reset it unlike some other services) and it says its active on the home page. However i keep getting timed out (can't access) the plan and add-ons tab.

The system is overloaded.

Need Help? Let's chat.