cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

LeanneChan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im from toronto, went to the us yesterday. My public mobile plan in Toronto already includes talk and text in usa but because it wasn’t working when I arrived in the us, I purchased the add-on of roaming in the us ($10 for 15 days). The roaming still doesn’t work. I was never able to text at all, but my calling to canada worked yesterday, and using the internet worked and still works. But today, I can’t call or receive calls, and still can’t text

7 REPLIES 7

@LeanneChan 

You will need to create a ticket on the Chat bubble to connect with a CS_Agent to receive a credit or refund. A credit would be quicker and will apply to your next month bill. A refund may take up to a month to process.

LeanneChan

Thank you computergeek and BKNS27, I definitely would like my money back. I bought the add on because Public Mobile texted me about it as soon as I arrived in the US, so I thought that if my plan in Canada included the US roaming they wouldn’t have texted me. I find Public Mobile confusing at times, more so because there is no option to call them or have an online chat, the support thing said I had to post in this forum. Hopefully they will give me back my money.

@LeanneChan 

Great to hear that everything worked out for you. Since you have the Canada/USA plan and not the Canada plan.

Contact a CS_Agent and ask for the $10 Roaming credit.

LeanneChan

Oh thank you everybody above for your replies. I’m not a technological person so I didn’t even understand most things mentioned, haha, but I went into an AT&T store and they helped me. Everything works now. Thanks again 

@LeanneChan wrote:

Im from toronto, went to the us yesterday. My public mobile plan in Toronto already includes talk and text in usa but because it wasn’t working when I arrived in the us, I purchased the add-on of roaming in the us ($10 for 15 days). The roaming still doesn’t work. I was never able to text at all, but my calling to canada worked yesterday, and using the internet worked and still works. But today, I can’t call or receive calls, and still can’t text

At the very least, you'll need to contact Public Mobile to get a full refund on the US roaming add-on.  Public Mobile should not be selling add-ons that aren't unusable (your plan already includes roaming if it's a Canada-US plan).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LeanneChan , what phone are you using?  While roaming in the US, having VoLTE is very important for the calling feature.  Which carrier are you connecting to?  Make sure it is either T-Mobile or AT&T. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LeanneChan 

what plan do you have?  is it one of the Canada-US plan?

if you have such plan, you don't need to buy extra roaming addon

however, you need to connect to T-Mobile or AT&T, which one you connected?

and what phone you have?  is that VoLTE whitelisted by PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.