cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Public Mobile Retail Launch

There is no way that they could get retail space in Walmart and not have a price increase.  Walmart isn't going to say oh here is a free space you can have we have no other products to put here anyway.

I can see the $10 if you purchase in store but it should be $5 if you are ordering online still.

I have never asked or suggested for a retail location as that isn't a no frills thing, and I knew it would increase costs but we should have the option to either walk in and get one $10 or order online for $5.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Walmart also sells unlocked phones so it is a good combo.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13, I definitely agree with you. The $5 and $10 separate charges is what could have worked, but you can clearly see that $10 across the board is yet another price increase that makes PM no different from any other carrier.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Luddite @pssst

FM sim's cost $10. Our PM sim cost 5$ plust whatever xpresspost shipping PM had to pay to get it to you. I'm not so sure this is out of the oridinary. I do agree with what you're stating though, that PM has lost the competitive edge from other telecom companies by highjacking the prices overnight.  If anything, It now seems less alluring then Chatr or FM. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The only benefit this announcement has is so if PM decides to once again have a really good deal, then people will be able to get sim cards immediately. Otherwise what is the point of paying more than ordering online? Furthermore, with the price increases, why would anyone join PM now?

Edit: I didn't realize PM raised the online rate as well. Common. I really hope PM starts adding more services (ie. VOLTE, Name display, customer service). PM is no longer a budget/value brand. 

This is amazing!! I like this announcement.
Mayor / Maire

$5 simcards online with regular shipping might be a solution

SIM cards are getting more expensive. I remember the last one I bought before switching to PM was $20 before tax!!!

Great news.

Public mobile will now get more exposure.

if only this was available when the freedom promo was on

Good news, but disappointing to see the doubled charge for online SIM orders.