Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Public Mobile Retail Launch

Really?

So...

• Sim cards cost more.....
  • Retail distribution has started thereby creating the need to increase Sim Card costs...
  • Support options have been reduced....
  • Price plans offer LESS and cost MORE....

Did PM a new Mangement team from Robbers?

I'm so disappointed to see the recent change in direction.... 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think this is a good step in the right direction. Look at the distribution channel if PM is available at Wal Mart. This is huge! SIM cards now, soon hopefully prepaid vouchers etc. It means PM is going to get even bigger!

You will have more exposure to the public if the SIM cards are available at Wal Mart. So an increase in SIM cards isn't crazy.

Raven_Jet wrote:
I think this is a good step in the right direction. Look at the distribution channel if PM is available at Wal Mart. This is huge! SIM cards now, soon hopefully prepaid vouchers etc. It means PM is going to get even bigger!

You will have more exposure to the public if the SIM cards are available at Wal Mart. So an increase in SIM cards isn't crazy.

Walmart Smiley Tongue will have many other options available... in fact some with better deals than PM now.

Can't expect new business with a new "Less costs More" market approach.... sorry.

So much for the good ol days...Free-->$5-->$10 darn inflation Cat Indifferent

Mayor / Maire

I read a MobileSyrup arcitle on the weekend.  It said WOW Wireless is going to start carrying SIMs on July 21st for PublicMobile.  Is this the same as Walmart?

I don't shop at Walmart (I refuse greatly to do so),.  Appartently WOW is a joint operation between Telus and Rogers for the primary and secondary brands for both, plus Chatr for Rogers.

Edit:   Here's the link to the MobileSyrup Article

Agreed. This met a need of having the sim cards available however the only people who will need SIMS are those who lost/damaged theirs.

I cant see NEW users signing up to the "MORE ($$) for LESS" PM plans.

Take this scenario..

Customer : hi wal-mart (cell department) do you have public mobile sims?

Wal-mart : Yes $10, however the plan is $50 for 3G service, no phone, no phone support.. however I can get you onto Fido or xyz company with canada wide LTE for around the same price and potentially a free phone as well.

Customer : Forget PM, Ill go with xyz

torontokris wrote:

Agreed. This met a need of having the sim cards available however the only people who will need SIMS are those who lost/damaged theirs.

I cant see NEW users signing up to the "MORE ($$) for LESS" PM plans.

Take this scenario..

Customer : hi wal-mart (cell department) do you have public mobile sims?

Wal-mart : Yes $10, however the plan is $50 for 3G service, no phone, no phone support.. however I can get you onto Fido or xyz company with canada wide LTE for around the same price and potentially a free phone as well.

Customer : Forget PM, Ill go with xyz

You forgot to close with...

✌🏾 #LessIsMore

🤣😂

# Less (everything) for More $$.

Mayor / Maire

Get that trending on Twitter aha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You just wait and see! They aren't doing this for nothing. It's going to be grand, I know it!