Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

@bluejaywpg 

The data add-on rollover over every 30 days until all the data has been consumed.

System will always use your plan data first before dipping into the add-on. So you use up your 250mb then it will start using the add-on.

Then your plan renews for your 30 day period and you get a fresh 250md. System will start using that plan data again before dipping into the add-on.

@bluejaywpg  That is correct!

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just so I understand correctly, is this how it works?

Suppose I have 250mb every 30 days. But I use all 250mb after 15 days this month so I decide to spend $15 for the 1gb add-on. I use 200mb before my 30 day billing cycle is up. The next 3 months I use less than 250mb per month, then in November, I use my 250mb after 10 days. At that point, will it automatically start using data from the remaining 800mb of the 1gb add-on that I previously purchased?

And then still in November, suppose I end up using 500mb of data after using my monthly 250mb, that means I will still have 300mb left waiting to be used the next time I use up my full 250mb monthly allotment?

And when I say "monthly", I do mean every 30 days.

Kristaa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks PM

@swang999 

This thread isn't about a plan. An add-on is being discussed.

@swang999  How to keep the $10 plan that you already have? Do nothing. If you want it back after changing to the $15 plan then unfortunately you are out of luck.

@swang999 wrote:

Good afternoon, 

I don't need the new plan $15 - how to keep the original plan $10? Thanks.

@swang999   If you changed from the $10 to $15 plan, then you cannot get the old plan back as it was discontinued last year.  You are on the cheapest plan available now.  Sorry.

swang999

Good afternoon, 

I don't need the new plan $15 - how to keep the original plan $10? Thanks.

SomeFriend

Would be nice to see that $10 200MB addon get a price reduction as well, maybe $5 instead?

Also, larger data buckets would be cool!  Maybe $30 for 3GB, $40 for 5GB, $60 for 8GB?  🙂

@cellphoneuser1 

No they were going to let the account deactivate rather than pay another 90 days without being able to use the service. It could be a mutually beneficial match .

@darlicious 

That won't work if they need to keep the phone numner and will be porting out.

@sarahsong 

What do you need the full speed 4G LTE data for? Unless your watching HD movies on your phone you just end up using more data doing the same thing. But if you really want it there was a another member giving up her 90 day 12gb/$120 plan. Maybe you should private message her before it deactivates..... and have a discussion.

@sarahsong wrote:

@computergeek541 If my $15 plan and not autopay, I won't have the bonus data, then add on 1 GB data,  should be 4 G LTE  or not?

Unfortunately, this is not the case. Each plan is assigned a speed profile. The $15 plan itself is set to be 3g speed.

sarahsong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 If my $15 plan and not autopay, I won't have the bonus data, then add on 1 GB data,  should be 4 G LTE  or not?

@sarahsong wrote:

Thanks, and how to get the 4G LTE speed data?

Sorry, but you can't unless you take the $30 1GB data-only plan. However, on that plan, text messaging and phone calls won't be possible.

sarahsong

Thanks, and how to get the 4G LTE speed data?

@sarahsong wrote:

$15 plan with autopay, and get Bonus 250MB Data⁴ at 3G speed, Now buy $15 1GB Data, then the date speed is 3G or 4G LTE?

It will be 3g-type speed.

sarahsong

$15 plan with autopay, and get Bonus 250MB Data⁴ at 3G speed, Now buy $15 1GB Data, then the date speed is 3G or 4G LTE?

mariellopez

Great to hear!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sirius wrote:

nice regular price for that speed,   $ 30 was way too high, I was about to change to fizz because of that. Now it's OK but very vague as to the speed. I don't know if its 3G or 4G LTE speeds. It should be 4G speeds.

@Sirius The speed of the data addon will operate at the speed of your existing plan. If your plan has 3G speeds the data addon will be 3G. Why would you move to fizz mobile just because of that ? If you need more data it is recommend to upgrade to a higher plan that better suits your needs. Data addons are treated like overage. The 1 GB data addon is roughly 1.5$ per 100Mb. Thats way cheaper than Rogers or Bells 10$ per 100MB rates.

Sirius
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

nice regular price for that speed,   $ 30 was way too high, I was about to change to fizz because of that. Now it's OK but very vague as to the speed. When we buy an addon, it should always be 4G  but anyway it's ok like this

@Werden203 wrote:

Thank you. Your post made me look it up more carefully. I believe that I was confused by the $30 plan for 1GB. So you're saying that the data add-on adds that amount in whatever speed your plan is already set for? Is that right?

Werden203 

Yes, that's correct.

Werden203

Thank you. Your post made me look it up more carefully. I believe that I was confused by the $30 plan for 1GB. So you're saying that the data add-on adds that amount in whatever speed your plan is already set for? Is that right?

@Werden203 wrote:

The best part is that the add-ons are already LTE!

This is not correct. Data add-ons do not have a speed associated to them. You are buying a data amount rather than a speed. Data add-ons work at whatever speed your plan already includes (or full speed LTE if your plan doesn't include data).

Werden203

I believe that is part of the point. Now, rather than paying so much for 200mb, one can pay slightly more for much more data and it rolls over. It seems more likely that the 200mb add-on will be discontinued entirely.

Werden203

The best part is that the add-ons are already LTE!

This was a deciding factor for me because I have to use my cell phone as a hotspot when I write university exam using an online invigilator. A high-speed connection makes a big difference but I only write one exam even four to six months. This way I can add on the data I think I'll need in order to complete the exam and won't have to worry about the speeds. It uses video and computer monitoring on top of the actual writing of the exam so the speed is important. $30 was a little high but now I'll happily pay $30 for 2gb of LTE and be certain that I'll be covered during my exam. Nice!

dboxtvinfo715

Still expensive 🤠🙉😫

I sujjest 1$ per GB

KaylaElizabeth

Awesome to see a price drop!

Maybe LTE will be offered next ?! Lol

Need Help? Let's chat.