Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

sonejose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Brother, I tried it but still it’s the same. Maybe a connection issue but am thought of telling this to our community so that no one will ever face this issue.

@sonejose 

@sonejose wrote:

The price change is a good offer but I purchased this Add-on but then connectivity is too slow it’s taking more time to load up. If you could do something on this situation I think most of them will go for it. It’s too Slow

PM data speed is LTE capped at 3G speeds.  It is slower than other LTE plans from different companies.  That is one reason why Public mobile is cheaper than other companies.  PM customers have slower data speeds and lack of live customer service.  

If you wanted to try something to speed up your experience, try to manually select your data to 3G only.  3G speed is not capped like LTE.  You may experience faster data by manually selected 3G, but you will lose the LTE latency part.  Might be worth trying.  

Here is a  recent thread on this topic:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Selecting-Preferred-Network-Types-Fin...

sonejose

The price change is a good offer but I purchased this Add-on but then connectivity is too slow it’s taking more time to load up. If you could do something on this situation I think most of them will go for it. It’s too Slow

SG7

Good to see, hopefully a roll up data be next 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@m87ie wrote:

what is the situation if you are on autopay. Do you still see that option in the add on sub-menu

Buying or having add-ons and having autopay are unrelated. You need Available Funds to buy add-ons.

m87ie

what is the situation if you are on autopay. Do you still see that option in the add on sub-menu

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Headed in the right direction

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zblackma wrote:

Thanks @cavemantoronto but I was referring to the price 200mb $10, 1gb $15. Like the old $35 plan 1.5mb of total data vs 4.5 on the $40 plan.  Makes no sense.

I think the 200mb should be dropped now. Why bother? For $15 you get a gig. It stays on your account until consumed. Before, when the gig was more, the 200mb was less of a value then that but not a large outlay. The 200mb would have to be dropped to $5 to match the value but $15 is not that large an outlay. So again...drop it.

jmnsho

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @cavemantoronto but I was referring to the price 200mb $10, 1gb $15. Like the old $35 plan 1.5mb of total data vs 4.5 on the $40 plan.  Makes no sense.

@zblackma   This is an add-on.  The $35 plan can work on its own.

zblackma

NIce. What about the 200mb? Is this now the old $35 plan?

@jonnydoo wrote:

This is great I’ll be signing up for my extra gig right away!

This isn't any type of bonus. As this is now the regular price, there's really no need to be any hurry to subscribe to this add-on, unless you know that you're about to run out of data soon.

jonnydoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is great I’ll be signing up for my extra gig right away!

@Sunshine-754 wrote:

so if I have 3 g speed data speed and add a 1 GB data to my plan. My data speed is still 3g?

Yes, unfortunately, that is correct.

As per the T&C's quoted by @JoyLuck and to be more precise, there are other older plans with 4G LTE data that will also get 4G LTE from the add-on.

Bottom line is that if your plan has data normally, even if you have used it up, the add-on will be the same bandwidth/speed. If you originally have no data as part of your plan, the speed defaults to full 4G LTE for the add-on.

Sunshine-754

so if I have 3 g speed data speed and add a 1 GB data to my plan. My data speed is still 3g?

@Sunshine-754 

If you have the 1gb data only plan or an older grandfathered 4G plan such as the $10 50/50 plan then you will recieve full 4G LTE data speeds with the 1gb data add on. If your plan is current then you will recieve 4G LTE throttled to 3mbps with the 1gb data add on.

@Sunshine-754 wrote:

The 1 GB Data Add-on Now is $15 is 4G LTE Data⁴ speed?

Here are the Terms and Conditions of the data add on.

Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed. US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base plan you have purchased and other factors.

Sunshine-754

The 1 GB Data Add-on Now is $15 is 4G LTE Data⁴ speed?

@BEER wrote:

It would make me and many others very happy 😃😃😃 if you would also give us a deal for  4G data add -on?

I find that 3G seems to take very long to load and many times it just times out.

Here is my iPhone setting. All works fine. 

2C7E6228-F132-4D8B-AF58-048ACFAC20F3.jpeg

@BEER LTE is not required to use Public Mobile service. You are free to experiment as to which setting works best for you, but keep in mind that you will not receieve official emergency alerts with LTE disabled.

Noah1

In my dreams too

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER 

Do you have your device set to 3G only which has a variable speed or automatic where it will choose the best speed usually the 4G LTE throttled to 3mbps. Maybe you need to enable airplane mode for a few minutes to get a better connection to the network.

On iPhone the only data option I see is "Enable LTE" that I have enabled. Should I disable?

@helenhelen wrote:

How long does the add-on take to be applied to your account? For example, if I realized I was out of data while out and then went somewhere with wifi to add it to my account, will I have to wait to make use of it?

Make sure to follow the instructions. Load $$ into Available Funds ...then go back and buy the data add-on you want. Restart phone...then you're in business.

@helenhelen wrote:

How long does the add-on take to be applied to your account? For example, if I realized I was out of data while out and then went somewhere with wifi to add it to my account, will I have to wait to make use of it?

Immediately upon payment.

@helenhelen it will be instant

Make sure you first out money on your account then make the purchase

Once you see it in your add-ons listed you can walk out of that wifi coverage. You may have to restart the phone if it stalls (make sure also you are not enticing data limit in your network settings, some phones will just remind you and let you override it but some will block you from using more than you set as the limit)

helenhelen

BearFBI

@helenhelen The 1GB never expires. It will keep rolling over untill it runs out. The 1 GB addon will start to be consumed when you run out of monthly data in your plan.

helenhelen

This is great - thank you! Does the 1GB expire at the end of the month (or at any time), or does any unused data automatically keep rolling over until you run out?

Clinton0313
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is awesome. This came just in time for me. I’m sure this will be great for so many people now working remotely

Need Help? Let's chat.