Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Price Change]: 1GB Data Add-on Now $15

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today! Effective May 22, 2020 the 1GB Data Add-On will be priced at $15, down from $30! This new price had been previously available as a limited time offer, but we’ve made the decision to change the price permanently after hearing so much positive feedback from the Community. At Public, we’re for you and we’re constantly looking for ways that we can make Public Mobile services more valuable for our customers. 

To get your $15 1GB Data Add-On, follow these steps: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

1. Ensure you have sufficient funds in your account. If not, make sure to top up. 
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons”
  3. Select “My Add-Ons”
  4. Select the 1GB Add-On under ‘Data’
  5. Click ‘Buy Add-Ons 

- The Public Mobile Team

261 REPLIES 261

@BEER 

Do you have your device set to 3G only which has a variable speed or automatic where it will choose the best speed usually the 4G LTE throttled to 3mbps. Maybe you need to enable airplane mode for a few minutes to get a better connection to the network.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It would make me and many others very happy 😃😃😃 if you would also give us a deal for  4G data add -on?

I find that 3G seems to take very long to load and many times it just times out.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you. I am sorry to say this but 30$ for a 1 GB add on was just ridiculous.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks!

buang99

@Kulvinder wrote:

When will my plan chage

This is an add-on, meaning it will not change your plan. Instead it adds a one time 1GB data to your account and it will not cycle through each month.

Carniam

@Dunkman I believe he misread this change as a change to the $15 per month plan.

@Kulvinder wrote:

When will my plan chage

@Kulvinder 

Not sure exactly what you mean.  The 1GB data add on is not a new plan.  Just a new price for $15, instead of the previous price of $30.  Is there a specific question that you had?  Which plan are you on presently?

@Kulvinder wrote:

When will my plan chage

Can you give us more details? Did you change plans in self service or buy an add on?

If you purchased an add on, it is a 2 step process. You need to add the funds and then go back in and make the purchase.

@Kulvinder wrote:

When will my plan chage

@Kulvinder   What plan are you on and what plan do you want to change it to? 

You can log into your account and select Change Plan on the overview page then follow all the prompts to change to the plan you want.  It's recommended to change at next renewal (not change immediately) as PM doesn't offer refunds or prorate for your current plan/features.  Also you will need to add funds to your account first if you are changing to one that costs more than your current plan.

Kulvinder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When will my plan chage

@Carniam wrote:

@dabr @AE_Collector thank you both for the help. I thought I was going crazy for a minute.

Lol...don't worry sometimes it does feel a little crazy around here 😊  But as long as you are tagging someone we know what and who you are referring to...

Carniam

@dabr @AE_Collector thank you both for the help. I thought I was going crazy for a minute.

@Carniam wrote:

@dabr i rotated it all the way around and nothing. Oh well

@Carniam   Too bad, yes it's another thing that PM hasn't bothered to restore, like I said there used to be a quote button available...oh well 😊

Have you tried standing on your head? Be sure to take and post a selfie ....

Carniam

@dabr i rotated it all the way around and nothing. Oh well

One glitch too many! Pushed you over the edge. 🙂 

Carniam

@AE_Collector that’s it I’m switching back to koodo. 

@Carniam   Are you typing on your phone?  I think there has been an issue with users not able to see it on their devices, but it's available on desktop.  Try rotating your device and then you should be able to see it..

Carniam

@AE_Collector it looks like that might only be a desktop feature

Apparently doesn’t work on phones. Or maybe just some phones.

it didn’t use to work on my iPad then stated working recently. But only if holding the iPad in landscape mode, it disappears in portrait mode!

AE_Collector

Carniam

@dabr It’s not just me right? I don’t see any 3 dots.

8B6182A5-68FC-4303-90E9-4EED07B4FE6A.png

also I should probably charge my phone.

@Carniam wrote:

@dabr i don’t see it...

@Carniam   You first need to click Reply on the post you are responding to and when the dialogue box appears  (white) you will see the tool bar just above it.

@Tony49 wrote:

Thankyou, just testing out data for the first time at the cottage so this will be great for the summer then drop back to minimum data at home with our wifi.

Exactly what my wife and I do. The $15 plan in the off season then we each bump to the $40 / 5 Gb plan in the May-September time frame. Except... our cabin is 300 meters south of the 49th parallel in WA State thus we may not be getting there at all this year. The Signal from the TELUS tower north of the border gets there no problem but us.... not so much.

AE_Collector

Carniam

@dabr i don’t see it...

buang99

@dabr wrote:

@Carniam wrote:

@dabr How to I reply with their post in it

@Carniam  You have to click the 3 horizontal dots just above your post which expands the toolbar and then select the "quote" funciton (99).  There used to be a Quote button available just like the Reply, but PM made some changes and now we have to use the expanded toolbar. 😊

Interesting. LOL thanks for the info

@Carniam wrote:

@Carniam  You have to click the 3 horizontal dots just above your post which expands the toolbar and then select the "quote" function (99).  There used to be a Quote button available just like the Reply, but PM made some changes and now we have to use the expanded toolbar. 😊

Carniam

Tony49
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thankyou, just testing out data for the first time at the cottage so this will be great for the summer then drop back to minimum data at home with our wifi.

@Carniam wrote:

Good to know! Thanks!

@Carniam   Just a heads up to make it easier to know to who you're replying to, just use the @ key and a list of usernames in the conversation will appear, then select the username you want and type your response. 😊

Need Help? Let's chat.