cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Plan updates + new $10 limited talk and text plan!

The 50 mins is used up by ANY call made  ONLY by you to ANY number or ANY calls received by you, except 611 and 911. Messages left in your voicemail DO NOT count towards your minutes BUT accessing your voicemail from your phone DOES.

To avoid the latter, you can access your VM for free via a landline by calling your own cell or the PM/Telus VM system (647-580-4001 from anywhere) and when you hear your message, press # then your PW.

HTH

@pm-smayer97, that VM number is for your area code.  You should advise using the voicemail number for the subscriber's designated dialling instructions, which can be found in their phone's dialer settings.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

With some of the issues for new activations on this plan burning through a number of auto-texts as devices get set up ( namely iPhones) is there a possibility to adjust the backend settings somehow to allow for 3-4 days of unlimited text, then the 50 count starts. It would avoid the hassle of involving Mods really wouldn't cost anything, mayble saving in the long run. Koodo does a similar thing where they offer unlimted data for the first 10 days or so before the billing cycle starts, or something similar. 

Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

With some of the issues for new activations on this plan burning through a number of auto-texts as devices get set up ( namely iPhones) is there a possibility to adjust the backend settings somehow to allow for 3-4 days of unlimited text, then the 50 count starts. It would avoid the hassle of involving Mods really wouldn't cost anything, mayble saving in the long run. Koodo does a similar thing where they offer unlimted data for the first 10 days or so before the billing cycle starts, or something similar. 

@smp99 Koodo do indeed do that--on the post-paid plans.  I don't believe they do on pre-paid plans.  This is an interesting idea but I'm afraid that changes like this are actually cheaper for PM to manage as moderator corrections than system changes.  I'm basing this on thinking back to the issues which they have fixed vs. which they have let continue to be ongoing moderator-resolved tasks.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, that VM number is for your area code.  You should advise using the voicemail number for the subscriber's designated dialling instructions, which can be found in their phone's dialer settings.

Good point. And remembering the correct VM # can be avoided by simply calling one's own cell#.   

BTW, I also have a Telus plan and it uses the same VM system and therefore tel #, and I have called that number from out of province, and Telus does not treat it as a long distance. Have not tried that with PM so not sure it is the same yet. But that is why I mentioned that # for VM access.

Highlighted

@Brooke_C wrote:

Update as of June 19, 2018: This post has been updated to provide additional clarity that leaving a voicemail message uses minutes. 

This needs to be updated as it has been proven that this is inaccurate. It is only retrieving VM via your cell phone that uses minutes. Others leaving a VM does NOT use up minutes, even though the length of the VM is recorded in the usage history. It does NOT deduct those minutes from available minutes.

Please correct.

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97:

I responded to your other post about special codes. I said something along these lines as well. Just my opinion of course Smiley Happy

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Brooke_C wrote:

Update as of June 19, 2018: This post has been updated to provide additional clarity that leaving a voicemail message uses minutes. 

This needs to be updated as it has been proven that this is inaccurate. It is only retrieving VM via your cell phone that uses minutes. Others leaving a VM does NOT use up minutes, even though the length of the VM is recorded in the usage history. It does NOT deduct those minutes from available minutes.

Please correct.

@Brooke_C this still needs correcting in the original post as it is incorrect and needs clarity. Again, accessing or calling any tel # using your cell phone, including your own voicemail, uses minutes (except 611 and 911) but someone else leaving a voicemail or accessing voicemail via another phone does NOT use up minutes. Please update. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Mod Group,

About the update above, I tested whether leaving a voicemail message uses minutes or not with a brand new PM number. 

When my friend leaves a voicemail message, it appears as an outgoing call to local voicemail number in both call history (picture 1) and my usage as 1/50 min (picture 2). Then, after a second, 1 minute usage disappears, 0/50 min (picture 3). It looks PM fixed so as not to count minutes for "leaving a voicemail message." Can you please confirm and update the Announcement/Spoiler if it's indeed fixed?

Thanks!

Leaving a voicemail message (1).jpgLeaving a voicemail message (2).jpgLeaving a voicemail message (3).jpg

@slpless wrote:

Hi Mod Group,

About the update above, I tested whether leaving a voicemail message uses minutes or not with a brand new PM number. 

When my friend leaves a voicemail message, it appears as an outgoing call to local voicemail number in both call history (picture 1) and my usage as 1/50 min (picture 2). Then, after a second, 1 minute usage disappears, 0/50 min (picture 3). It looks PM fixed so as not to count minutes for "leaving a voicemail message." Can you please confirm and update the Announcement/Spoiler if it's indeed fixed?

Thanks!

Leaving a voicemail message (1).jpgLeaving a voicemail message (2).jpgLeaving a voicemail message (3).jpg

As I have stated multiple times and have proven multiple times (I have had many of these plans), this was never broken. PM does not use up minutes at all for others leaving voicemail at your number. The only usage of minutes regarding voicemail is when you access your voicemail from your cell phone only. Accessing voicemail from a landline does not use up minutes either. 

What is "broken" is that PM still has not updated the language in the OP to make that clearer.