cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Plan updates + new $10 limited talk and text plan!

@z10user4 @pm-smayer97 thanks for sharing your personal experience.  I apologize for any misinformation.  Everything I recall reading about the $10 plan up to this point made me think calls forwarded to your voicemail counted against the 50 mins, regarless of greeting type.  I'm actually quite happy to be incorrect about that, and to know that the extended absence greeting is indeed an effective workaround.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@z10user4 @pm-smayer97 thanks for sharing your personal experience.  I apologize for any misinformation.  Everything I recall reading about the $10 plan up to this point made me think calls forwarded to your voicemail counted against the 50 mins, regarless of greeting type.  I'm actually quite happy to be incorrect about that, and to know that the extended absence greeting is indeed an effective workaround.

Are you absolutely certain that calls forwarded to your voicemail DO NOT count against the 50 minutes? From my past experience anything going in or out of voicemail gobbles up paid minutes.

Mayor / Maire

@katiatall wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Are you absolutely certain that calls forwarded to your voicemail DO NOT count against the 50 minutes? From my past experience anything going in or out of voicemail gobbles up paid minutes.

I'm not absolutely certain. The documentation says it does. pm-smayer97 says it does not.

My experience with the EAG is that somebody calls in. They sit through 6 or so rings. They get the EAG. They get hung up on after the EAG. For me, the call log shows an 18 second (or thereabouts and probably variable depending on how long your EAG is) call but the minutes counter does not go up.

Some day I'll clarify for myself whether when using a normal VM that a hang up during the message counts. Or when someone leaves an actual message whether it counts.

It makes sense that using your phone to call your VM to listen to messages would count. I'm fine with that. I'm not even going to bother verifying that.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@z10user4 wrote:

My experience with the EAG is ... the minutes counter does not go up.

... using your phone to call your VM to listen to messages would count. 

Yup... on both counts. And others leaving messages does NOT count. only retrieving them from cell phone.

I think part of the confusion is people looking at their log vs their minut count...

The log WILL show minutes for people leaving messages AND for time to access VM to retrieve messages BUT the only minutes that get counted against plan minutes are those when using cell phone to retrieve mesages, but not via landline.

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Yup... on both counts. And others leaving messages does NOT count. only retrieving them from cell phone.

I think part of the confusion is people looking at their log vs their minut count...

The log WILL show minutes for people leaving messages AND for time to access VM to retrieve messages BUT the only minutes that get counted against plan minutes are those when using cell phone to retrieve mesages, but not via landline.

Of course me being me I just had to figure all this out for myself. I can corroborate @pm-smayer97 saying all that he has said. This goes counter to what all the documentation says.

Hopefully none of this will get "corrected" Smiley Happy

So to repeat in my words...voicemail only counts minutes for calling to it from the PM/SIM-loaded/active handset by a person. All activity will appear in the log (no I did not confuse them Smiley Happy ) but the counter will only increment if VM is called by a person from the phone.

Thanks pm-smayer97. Or is that THANKS PM-SMAYER97 Smiley Happy

Over and out Smiley Happy

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well, 

$10 30-day limited talk and text plan includes:

• 50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  • 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts and Picture Messages
  • Voicemail and Call Display

Does the 50mins Canada-wide talk include outgoing calls? Or just incoming calls? I use this plan and couldn't call out at all!!

Mayor / Maire

@Julia1052 wrote:

Well, 

$10 30-day limited talk and text plan includes:

• 50 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  • 50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts and Picture Messages
  • Voicemail and Call Display

Does the 50mins Canada-wide talk include outgoing calls? Or just incoming calls? I use this plan and couldn't call out at all!!

Total combined. All except out to most toll frees and left voicemails.

If you don't see the 50 minutes in the Overview add-ons area then you've used all the minutes.

You can get the 200 minute add-on to hold you over until your renewal as an option.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. I just transferred to public mobile and didn't make any phone call yet because I can't....I still have 47mins left I checked now and don't know why I can't call out at all???

Mayor / Maire

@Julia1052 wrote:

Thank you. I just transferred to public mobile and didn't make any phone call yet because I can't....I still have 47mins left I checked now and don't know why I can't call out at all???

Did you port in from another carrier?

Those seem to take a while.

Koodo pre-paid needs the moderator to do something too.

Use your prior SIM until it stops working.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes it include incoming and outgoing calls.  I am using this plan and couldn't be happier. 

Voicemail (caller leaving message) does not count towards your 50 mins as far as I know.