Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting May 12th, 2020 our current promotion of 500MB of bonus data on the $35 plan will be available in Self-Serve, meaning it is available for existing customers. This will be available for a limited time. 

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $35 per 30 days
  • 1GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

How to get this offer: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

2.Go to “Plan and Add-ons”

3.Select “Change Plan”

4.Select the ready-made plan “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

@Brandinium so glad to hear! Nothing wrong with saving more as well right. 

Now your internet speed will drop a bit but it shouldnt be that noticable. 

From 4G LTE to 4G LTE throttled to 3mb. 

Cheers

Brandinium
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just did this last night so I can vouch that you do get the promo price even if you have it sent to activate at your next renewal. Mine will activate at the end of July. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cnsultnt Its probably better to downgrade to a 25$ plan. 2GB is still quite a bit when your at home. You would save more. Even the 15$ plan.

cnsultnt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Works for me.  I don't need 5Gb while I am home with wifi all day, due to Covid lock down.

Brandinium

I just switched to this plan as I was on the previous 3 +3gb/90 day plan which had same data but only province wide calling for ~$40/month ($120/90 days). This plan will be much better to budget for and it’s $5/month less than I was paying before. 

Thanks Public Mobile!

maurice

@Naepalm 

Actually it wasn't added a couple of days ago.  It was added yesterday,  after I, and no doubt others pointed out the discrepancy.  I did a follow up post on the sudden appearance of the corrected menu about 9 hours ago as you can see.

@martin17

Martin c'est pour l'Ontario, pas pour le Québec. Nous n'avons pas cette remise supplémentaire de 5,00

martin17

Elle a pas un rabais de 5$

@maurice 

If you go into change plans it is there.  Shows $35 plus 1.5G of data Autopay bonus. Not sure when you looked but they just added this a couple days ago. Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.58.31 AM.png

The $35 plan has been PM’s “Paul McCartney“ of plans (out of step) for a long time now. I am encouraged to see some activity around this plan finally to prove that it isn’t “dead” and to get him back into the band where with a bit more tweaking down the “Road” he may just become the band leader again.

AE_Collector

B974A3B8-AA59-41CC-9933-4D24034BA50D.jpeg

maurice

Well the good part is someone actually read the post about the confusing presets and then added the correct line!

That should make it easier!

Pawprints1986

I agree with a few others, might consider if it was $30 🤷‍

lol, don't all rush to upgrade your $25 plans, you never know when they might no longer be offered.

maurice

I would like to point out that contrary to what it says in the "How to get this offer:" part of the promotion, there is no preset plan line that offers the option of:  “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus".

What there actually is, is a number of different preset lines, none of which is labelled as above.  My first thought was "Wow, that's the shortest limited time offer on record!"

If however, you persist, and start clicking around,  you will eventually find that the one that says: "$35 for 1.5 GB Data at 3G Speed" is the one you want, once you open it up. 

Does anyone really think that hiding, (what PM must be hoping is an enticing offer), inside a drill down menu is the best way to get people excited?  Right?

So it's there, but they make you work for it!

yanzhiqiang

This is great, Thanks!

efp

This plan looks like a great deal

brettster99

@computergeek541 

Ah my mistake sorry

@computergeek541 if the rate is 1G for $25, 5G for $40 and $8.5G for $50. I understand there are other things involved here but lets just use this as a guage. 

25.oo plan is 1G = 25.00ea

35.oo plan is 1G = 17.50ea

40.oo plan is 1G = 8.00ea

50.oo plan is 1G = 5.88ea 

The saving grace is that its cheaper to move up to 2G then it is to buy an add on. 

I do think it should be between 1G and 5G if the amount is consistent. So 2.5 or 3G. 

And much of your deduction is bang on forsure. 

FrostyButters

Thumbs down. Please give us the same deal as Quebec. There's no need to price gouge the rest of Canada, because Videotron is only in Quebec. 

@brettster99 The regional plan for Quebec is still on.

brettster99

@Danchvn 

Yeah that’s why Quebec is very lucky for there limited time offer. It was $30 for 2GB of data (1.5GB + 500MB auto pay bonus) it’s on now and only for new customers from Quebec. But my goodness if they have that plan I feel a lot of people would upgrade there plan (as I probably will never downgrade my $40 plan I use too much data)

Public Mobile did their homework, surely we always want a better price point and more data, but that's how they lure you in. 

Beggars can't be choosers. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 

I was having the same thoughts as you but wasn't sure if it was just me. I actually went down to the $25 plan as I found 5 GB was much more than I would typically use. If there was a $30 plan for 2 GB I would more than likely move to it.

All that being said, I really like being with Public Mobile.  Just have to convince the Wife.😁

@Triguy wrote:

It is a great offer especially at the present time  for current customers needing more data.

On that matter, I disagree. I think it's a terrible offer.

I know that right now, there has a be balance of trying to get customers to upgrade their plans. Public Mobile likely doesn't want to make it look as if they're trying to captilze off of current affiairs. At the same time, the business can't stand still and do nothing.

Someone who's on a $40 plan isn't likely to go down to $35 and lose 3GB of data to save $5. At the same time, someone who is on a $25 plan isn't likely to pay $10 more to gain an additional 1GB, especially when so much more data can be had on the $40 plan. 

I see this plan as having two main downfalls:  It is overpriced and doesn't include enough data. That is solvable by either lowering the price or bumping the data amount up even more.

@Naepalm wrote:

.......Just wondering some people may have just had their renewal so I can only assume limited would mean at least 30 days? 

@Naepalm  Doesn't matter when it expires as one can always schedule a plan change now to take effect on their next renewal and thus be guaranteed the $35 promo plan.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V  how long is limited, end of June? Just wondering some people may have just had their renewal so I can only assume limited would mean at least 30 days? 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V Good promo, thanks for the support during these times!

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@geopublic 

Now those are some great options.

Actually they should bring the plan builder back, with the COUNTER for the data $5/gig of reoccurring data or $20/5gig with talk/text bases of 15 (250m autopay) as is now or 20 (500m autopay) unlimited and keep $2 autopay too

BearFBI

Annotation 2020-05-12 102508.jpg

Im guessing that this offer is only available until June 1st as Lucky Mobile states that on their website. Chatr says the same thing too "Offer only available until June 1st" . Its also interesting that the Quebec Promo for Lucky is only Quebec wide calls as the Quebec promo here is Canada wide calls. 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I agree with @Dunkman 

If the same plan would cost $30 they're would be a mass migration from 25 this month. Lucky wouldn't like it one little bit though. I would probably get a referral too:)

Things are getting better 

Need Help? Let's chat.