Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

**UPDATE**

The limited-time $30 2GB plan promotion ends Canada-wide on Thursday, September 17, 2020. 

If you have the $30 2GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $30 2GB plan after September 17, 2020, as it will no longer be available.

For Public Mobile customers in Quebec, the limited-time 500MB data promotion will be expiring with the $30 2GB plan as well on September 17, 2020.

Edit made on September 14, 2020.

Hey Community,

Starting August 7th, 2020, we are offering a $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only.  

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $30 per 30 days
  • 500MB + 1GB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$30 for 500MB + 1GB Bonus + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

175 REPLIES 175

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just noticed something.  Once that promo expires after Thursday, it will leave a pretty large gap in the plans.  The $25 plan with just 1 GB of data jumps to 4.5 GB at the $40 plan.  The $30 promo filled that gap nicely.

To those that have been with PM for some time (I've only been with PM for 4 months), what do you think will happen after Thursday, based on PM's past practices?  Nothing?  A new promo to fill the gap?  A restructuring of the existing plans (plus a new 5th plan or a new promo elsewhere)?  A combination of changes?

This is what it looks like without the promo.

bluejaywpg_0-1600129176132.png

bluejaywpg

Hmm, my next payment comes out on the 19th. I was thinking about switching to that plan, so I'll have to give it some serious thought this week. I guess I can try it for a month & there's always the option to switch back to my old plan if I decide it's not worth it.

Thanks for pointing that out @Dunkman 

Looks like this promo plans ends this Thursday, September 17.  That is unfortunate.  It is a good price point for a 2 GB plan.  

PM updated the announcement.  

She
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just sign into your account and click the plans add on button and follow.

So the only reason to ever do an “immediate change” would be because you have run out of something that you cant live without until your next renewal.

-Out of data on day 20 and realize the permanent solution is going to be to move up to the next higher plan? Then once out of data do the immediate change. You have then forfeited what was left of your previous 30 day old plan but if you’ve run it of something then so be it. You Are charged for and start your new 30 day term right then on the new plan. 

If you realize you wont make it the 30 days but arent out of data yet, either find a way to stretch what you have remaining OR wait until you completely use it up and THEN do the immediate change to a new plan but only if the new plan is the best fix, not to fix a one time problem. One time problems on an otherwise perfect for you plan should be fixed with an add-on or wifi or a 500 minutes for $5 add-on of talking minutes are the problem this month.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@Anonymous I see. So if I decided today to change to a different plan, I would pay the 1st month charge immediately (less any rewards on account) & my due date for the next cycle would be October 12th?

Again, I'm not sure about the rewards part. Yes...a new 30 days.

bluejaywpg

@Anonymous I see. So if I decided today to change to a different plan, I would pay the 1st month charge immediately (less any rewards on account) & my due date for the next cycle would be October 12th?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@Anonymous thanks for mentioning that. I was assuming it would be pro rated since it wouldn't be too hard to pro rate data & minutes if applicable. Then again I assume if you upgrade from the $15 to the $25 plan & make it effective immediately, you would get all of the additional 750 MB of data at your disposal right away & your minutes would immediately go up to unlimited?

Doing an immediate plan change stops your previous prepaid term and starts the new one. What remained unconsumed in the previous term is forfeited. ie. data (if any), minutes (if limited), texts (if limited), money. I think there's something about rewards but I think that catches up eventually. Not sure on that part.

bluejaywpg

@Anonymous thanks for mentioning that. I was assuming it would be pro rated since it wouldn't be too hard to pro rate data & minutes if applicable. Then again I assume if you upgrade from the $15 to the $25 plan & make it effective immediately, you would get all of the additional 750 MB of data at your disposal right away & your minutes would immediately go up to unlimited?

Rose25

@sami92 

When you inform your friends, make sure to use your referral code when they activate an account. They'll get a $10 credit upon activation and you'll get a referral reward of $1 every month per friend. 

sami92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sir this is awesome offer i am going to inform friend comminity

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sami92 wrote:

Sir I newly join how can i upgrade my 25$ monthly plan to 30$ plan as PublicMobile offered?

@sami92 

Log in to your self-serve, click on Change plan, select a plan, select when you want it to happen (if you like your money, set it to next renewal...no pro-rating/refunds here).

sami92

Sir I newly join how can i upgrade my 25$ monthly plan to 30$ plan as PublicMobile offered?

When I started 21 months ago the same $40/5Gb plan existed as it is now. But I started on the $30 plan that had 1/2 Gb data and at that time while larger plans came with the 1/2Gb Autopay Data Bonus the $30 plan did not. Then two things happened at different times over a couple of months. I cant recall the order but the $30 plan with 1/2 Gb was reduced to $25 and the Autopay 1/2 Gb data bonus was added making the $30 1/2 Gb plan now a $25 1 Gb plan. 

So my point is we tend to forget about changes soon after they happen but this particular plan has seen significant changes. Now for $30 you get 2 Gb of data, a great deal for only $5 more than the $25 plan. Personally I don't see the $30 2Gb plan going away But one never knows what is around the next corner. 

AE_Collector

Rose25

@bluejaywpg 

The plans may be the same or may even get better in future due to the competition with other network providers. One good thing about PM is that you get loyalty rewards for staying for  a year which increases with each year for 5 years. So by 2025, you will be getting a credit of $5 every month

bluejaywpg

Hopefully they wouldn't need to end the plans because customers would want to eventually all switch to other regular plans as they become better / cheaper over time.

@Mornerichard wrote:

Most likely not forever, but I'm sure you will be able to have it for at least 2 years. And if they give notice of change, you can just cancel your month to month contract if you are unhappy. And then look for something better

Public Mobile can change the price of the plan at any time by giving 30 days notice.  I would say that's unlikely in the short term, but where's this 2 year number coming from? It's not as if Public Mobile has phones being sold on 2 year contract.

Mornerichard

Most likely not forever, but I'm sure you will be able to have it for at least 2 years. And if they give notice of change, you can just cancel your month to month contract if you are unhappy. And then look for something better

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bluejaywpg wrote:

If someone like me signs up for this plan, is it good forever (meaning if I don't change to another plan or quit using PM, it will still be the same plan in effect in 2021 or 2025 & beyond)?

Any provider can do whatever they want with some notice. There are many people here with old plans that are still the same. So no guarantees.

bluejaywpg

If someone like me signs up for this plan, is it good forever (meaning if I don't change to another plan or quit using PM, it will still be the same plan in effect in 2021 or 2025 & beyond)?

@gigi57 wrote:

When I was on live chat exploring joining PM I was told if I registered my email and my husband's at publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020  we would be eligible for free second month. I have not seen this show up in my account.

Did you activate online or in store?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@phillip2446 wrote:

i would like to be taken off this email notification of the $30 promo.

thanks

@phillip2446 

Scroll up and look for Reply and Topic Options together. Click on Topic Options. Click on Unsubscribe.

You can control many of these notifications in your settings.

@phillip2446 wrote:

thanks

@phillip2446   You can unsubscribe from notifications by clicking your avatar, then My Subscriptions, then select either the topic you want to unsubscribe from or select Notification Settings and select what default settings you'd like to disable.

phillip2446

thanks

gigi57

Awesome I did all that! Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gigi57 wrote:

When I was on live chat exploring joining PM I was told if I registered my email and my husband's at publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020  we would be eligible for free second month. I have not seen this show up in my account.

@gigi57 

There were time constraints for that promo. You needed to register an email address on that weekend. Then you needed to activate using that same email address.

If that was all followed then Triguy has the dets.

Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

gigi57

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Someone mentioned it may be removed if other carriers remove theirs. Imagine there was actually room for real competition, how many people would switch to PM if they're the only ones  continuing to offer the deal ? Or any  deal? Within the bigger names even too. Could see some truly great deals, if it were allowed

@jstyles wrote:

Hi,

Also does this plan promo still offer $2.00 off autopay? 

thank you 

All current plans do

Need Help? Let's chat.