cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our first kiosks are now open! Check them out.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

It’s official! Our first Public Mobile kiosks have launched today. We’re excited about the unique design of our new kiosks and we think you will be too. If you have a location near you, we encourage you to check them out and bring some of your friends too!

Keeping in line with our no frills approach, our kiosks take up a lot less space than others. We’ve also included a bike as a part of our kiosks because we like to keep things flexible and make sure that we’re parked next to all the action.  Our bike will also allow you to charge your phone (while getting a bit of a leg workout) and will continuously evolve to keep things fun and engaging.

kiosk.png

What will we be selling at our kiosks?

• SIM cards- With no strings attached. You can activate the SIM card online or in-store with the assistance of one of our store reps. The choice is yours.
  • Payment vouchers- Payment vouchers provide you with the flexibility to add money to your Public Mobile account  using cash, credit or debit cards. After a payment has been made, you’ll receive a 12-digit numeric code on your receipt, which you’ll then need to input on the Payment page in Self-Serve.

Where are your kiosks and when exactly are they opening?

Opening Date

Galeries D’Anjou (Montreal, Quebec)

April 16, 2019

Edmonton City Centre (Edmonton, Alberta)

Marlborough Mall (Calgary, Alberta)

Richmond Centre (Richmond, British Columbia)

April 18, 2019

There are more kiosks opening in the coming months as well, so be sure to stay tuned for more updates! Learn more by reading our FAQs below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Why have you changed your strategy?

Our strategy has changed to reflect the growing prepaid market and needs of Canadians where transactions predominantly happen in retail. That said, our  mission has and will always remain the same: to do wireless differently and give Canadians more control on their wireless, through more choice and flexibility while making no compromises on the things that matter most:  value and good network experience.

Will store representatives at kiosks provide customer support?

While our store representatives will assist customers activating on Public Mobile, we will continue to offer all of our customer support online.

Why don’t you have any kiosks in more cities?

We hear you! We’d love to have kiosks in more cities and provinces, and we’re working on it. Keep your eyes peeled for more updates in the Community.

110 REPLIES 110

spacecowboy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Love the design!

robinbanks44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great job

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ooakosiryan wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

Awesome.  Looks like a travelling food cart.  Does it also give out cookie dough?  Smiley Tongue 

#affordoughble

Now, do they really look like that, or is that just a drawing that is there to drum up conversation?   I'm sure that soon enough, a member will post a picture.

I can confirm that they really look like that! (see pics below)

Also, I pedalled my heart out for 5 mins and my phone's battery level went down by one percent Smiley LOL

pm1.png

EDIT: Removed a more zoomed out pic of the whole kiosk because it included people in the pic (workers and shoppers), and I didn't get their consent to post their pic here. Not sure if that would've violated the Terms of Service for the community, but I removed it just in case.

As far as I know, there is no expectation of Privacy in Public. Once you leave home you  Privacy is gone.  Think of it this way the mall you were at at had cameras watching your every move, the only difference between there cameras versus yours is You were holding yours in your Hand and there camera wasn't

CanadianStoner

Great idea for attracting the crowd who are "scared" of the online only model.

Keep up the good work 🙂

syantixmanjah

WOW! this is lit'..!!! would be amazing PM becoming partner with rental bike in town!

TheOldVR

Nice concept, look forward to seeing these in Ontario!

It is amazing how many mobile plan retailers can survive within minutes of each other in the same mall. The competition is crazy and retail presence/awareness appears to be very important for this market.

Good luck PM!

Marksurette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That exciting!  I am glad that this awesome alternative mobile experience is growing..

joedf

@Anonymous wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

Can’t wait to see these nomadic kiosks in GTA where it really matters there's the largest population 😀

There. Fixed. 🙂 No mo' fightin' words.

awww shucks, I came here to be entertained 😉

troyfy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Toronto definitely has the biggest population and should get a kiosk, I'm just saying GVA has the second biggest!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Knockali wrote:

Can’t wait to see these nomadic kiosks in GTA where it really matters there's the largest population 😀

There. Fixed. 🙂 No mo' fightin' words.

dumbdobie1

Those kiosks look great. Can't wait to visit one in person!

@troyfy wrote:

I like how you consider the entire greater Toronto area, but don't include Richmond in the greater Vancouver area.

@troyfy  Greater vancoover area 2.463 million (2016) has less population than just Toronto 2.732 million (2016) , not even counting the entire GTA 5.928 million (2016).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

Can’t wait to see these nomadic kiosks in GTA where it really matters 😀

Hey! Them's fightin' words! 🙂

@AnonymousStatistics are not fightin' words 😉

GTA population 5.928 million (2016)

Montreal population 1.705 million (2016)

Calgary population 1.239 million (2016)

Edmonton population 932,550 (2016)

Richmond BC population 198,310 (2016)

Even if you don't want to consider the true "GTA", and only want to consider Toronto, Toronto has a population of 2.732 million (2016). It would make the most sense to put it in the most populated area.

I am with you on this one @Knockali 

Still less but Richmond would be regarded as being a part of Greater Vancouver at a 2016  population of about 2.4 million. Just for clarity.

Still fightin' words 🙂

troyfy

I like how you consider the entire greater Toronto area, but don't include Richmond in the greater Vancouver area.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

@AnonymousStatistics are not fightin' words 😉

GTA population 5.928 million (2016)

Montreal population 1.705 million (2016)

Calgary population 1.239 million (2016)

Edmonton population 932,550 (2016)

Richmond BC population 198,310 (2016)

Even if you don't want to consider the true "GTA", and only want to consider Toronto, Toronto has a population of 2.732 million (2016). It would make the most sense to put it in the most populated area.

I am with you on this one @Knockali 

joedf

Sounds great!

I hope this doesn’t mean prices will go up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Knockali wrote:

Knockali

Alan_K

@dna2016 wrote:

@Alan_K  OHHHHH WOOOOWWWWWWWW. this is awesome.  Talk about wanting to stand out from the crowd.  PeeWee Herman would be so proud, lol.  The bike and colour scheme is awesome, this is definitely a unique kiosk.  You'll definitely be getting heads turning your way for sure.  And I love the bike ride phone charger, also helping people stay fit too.  Shows that PM cares about the phones health as well as the human health, lol.

Awesome job PM, you made me very proud to be a PM customer, lol.  HeartSmiley LOL

@dna2016  Glad you like it!! I'm a big fan of the bike too Smiley Happy

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ooakosiryan wrote:

Also, I pedalled my heart out for 5 mins and my phone's battery level went down by one percent Smiley LOL

@ooakosiryan  If the activation terminals were flickering, you weren't pedalling hard enough.  Smiley Tongue

jimbobs

Maybe PM were diverting your pedal power to reduce their electric bill Smiley Very Happy

ooakosiryan

@computergeek541 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

Awesome.  Looks like a travelling food cart.  Does it also give out cookie dough?  Smiley Tongue 

#affordoughble

Now, do they really look like that, or is that just a drawing that is there to drum up conversation?   I'm sure that soon enough, a member will post a picture.

I can confirm that they really look like that! (see pics below)

pm1.png

EDIT: Removed a more zoomed out pic of the whole kiosk because it included people in the pic (workers and shoppers), and I didn't get their consent to post their pic here. Not sure if that would've violated the Terms of Service for the community, but I removed it just in case.

robinbanks44

Were is it

dna2016

@Alan_K  OHHHHH WOOOOWWWWWWWW. this is awesome.  Talk about wanting to stand out from the crowd.  PeeWee Herman would be so proud, lol.  The bike and colour scheme is awesome, this is definitely a unique kiosk.  You'll definitely be getting heads turning your way for sure.  And I love the bike ride phone charger, also helping people stay fit too.  Shows that PM cares about the phones health as well as the human health, lol.

Awesome job PM, you made me very proud to be a PM customer, lol.  HeartSmiley LOL

acmethod

Wow, very cool. It'd be nice to be able to run out quickly and buy sims. It seems like i'm buying one for a friend every couple weeks.

apvm

Looks like PM is going to replace Koodo and Koodo moving up to become Fido style.  In any case brace for price increase.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Check them out. There are four of them, none of them in Ontario. We are to travel out of province to check them out.

This will help people who can't buy sim cards because of Walmart and no extra fees to buy payment vouchers like at gas stations.

troyfy

I hope they are better than Walmart! It took almost an hour to activate 2 new lines...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.