Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Open Issue] Trouble using iMessage & FaceTime Features

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are aware that some of you are currently unable to successfully use iMessage and or FaceTime features,  and we understand how frustrating this can be. Our teams are working diligently to find the cause. 

In the meantime, please try troubleshoot steps:
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will continue to keep you updated. 

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team
84 REPLIES 84

RogerRam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a response from an agent to confirm Sim information and security questions and replied 2  hours ago. I am waiting for their answer, and I will post the resolution here. In the meantime, I had to confirm 2fa to access with online access to some accounts and they use the SMS text option to send the access code. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @J_PM 

any update with this issue?

Mageebee

The customer support messaging and then tech support ticket fortunately worked for me.  I had two other family members with the same issue - theirs both have been resolved and everything is working now.  (Texts and FaceTime)yay!  Good luck 

RogerRam

TY, it's good to know. I wonder if I can use a new provider's temporary number for SMS and port the mobile number away from PM when the SMS issue is correct.   That way I can receive phone calls on my current number with PM and sent the SMS with the other provider.This issue will likely be fixed within days, but it is, in my view unacceptable. 

Thomasin

@RogerRam  I went to other providers on the weekend and they aren't able to transfer my number as I cannot get the text message to confirm. One provider did say that PM could cancel the port (I believe that is the term he used) and that way he could transfer the number but because I can't get any response from PM I can't even get that done.

RogerRam

Thank you

@RogerRam wrote:

I got the same issue. I'm newto PM from Apr. 11. Texting worked then and I noticed yesterday it didnt worked,  and likely didnt work since Friday. I Cant figure a way to get around the AI chatbox to open a ticket. Ino will count my losses and leave PM. I hope there is a wayother than sms for a provider to confirm a transfer.

@RogerRam 

If the ticketing system has issues, you can directly private message customer service agent.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RogerRam

I got the same issue. I'm newto PM from Apr. 11. Texting worked then and I noticed yesterday it didnt worked,  and likely didnt work since Friday. I Cant figure a way to get around the AI chatbox to open a ticket. Ino will count my losses and leave PM. I hope there is a wayother than sms for a provider to confirm a transfer.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

One customer had success by switching to a new SIM card.  Not sure if that will work for other customers.  If you have an extra SIM card lying around, you could consider switching to new SIM card via your self service account, under profile section.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Resolved-SMS-and-iMessage-Issue-with-New-...

Thomasin

I have been waiting since Friday morning for someone from PM to contact me. I have sent now 3 tickets and no response. All I need now is for PM to cancel my port so I can have my phone number transferred to another carrier. Because right now I can't even transfer to another carrier as I'm not receiving text messages to agree to the transfer. 
I have done all the things other people have done to get it back up and running and no success.

jjbuen99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Submitted ticket Saturday and follow up but no response till now

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@StellaA - Glad it worked out with an account refresh!

But yes, there may be hundreds of SMS texts not fully sent with this issue.

StellaA

Finally heard from support... they reset everything, had me reset everything (including removing the SIM card), and now it's working... unfortunately, no-one will ever know how many texts may have been lost the past 34 hours, as senders would not receive notification that their messages never got through...

Mageebee

I agree.  However I am new to public Mobile and not sure if that can be done…

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @J_PM 

I appreciate most stuff like this fits into the Announcements thread, however, most don't come here and go straight to Get Support. With that being said, is there any way we can sticky this thread there as well? Just without all the comments as they are not needed over there. I'm sure it would help a lot slow down countless posts and countless people putting in tickets to fix this. Just my opinion. 

JB_8992

You might get contacted sooner, I don't think they had a solution at all last week when I had the issue so by the time they figured it out there must of been quite a backlog of tickets for them to go through. A few people said they got contacted within the day now so hopefully they will for you too. Otherwise I'd do the same too, not worth it if they are going to take forever, this was a much better deal than I could get in my area so I was willing to wait since I don't do sms that much anyways. A lot of other areas have better deals with other carriers.

Mageebee

I was able to go through their customer support system and someone messaged me back within hours.  After several messages with customer support was told it would have to be escalated to tech support.  Was told that could be one to four days.  Received a call from tech support around the 26 hour mark.  Everything working.  Was worth the wait.  I realize their time lines for support are going to be a bit longer considering the plan I get.  My old plan was much more and I would say the service was about the same.  If you put in a ticket; it will get fixed.  Happy customer.  

Jimbo4444

That's good to hear.  Thx for replying

MacEd

I submitted another ticket this morning, they responded within the hour and all my issues are sorted!

Jimbo4444

Wow. That's brutal. I did submit a ticket earlier this morning but I'm not sure I'll give them 4 days.  May have to cut my losses with PM and jump ship.

JB_8992

It took about four days for them to message me back when I sent in a ticket about it. Looks like they are going person by person resetting whatever needs to be reset. Which seems pretty crazy for a solution, you'd think they would figure out something they can apply to everyone at once.

So best you can do is make sure you put in a ticket and just wait I guess.

Jimbo4444

Ditto.  40 hours since switching and still no SMS...c'mon!

StellaA

I should have mentioned that I submitted a ticket after waiting the recommended five hours after porting the service... it's now about 23 hours after porting, and still no SMS or voicemail... (and still no technical support, of course... If it doesn't get fixed very soon, we'll go to another provider - quickly...)

notchy

@StellaA 

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html Type: Customer Service Agent

StellaA

Ported phone service yesterday... phone calls and data work fine... no Texts go through (either in or out) - and the sender never receives notification that the text never got through - and no Voicemail feature - just the 1UM1 error... This needs to be fixed ASAP, as those two features are essential.

Eric1976

Still not Working SMS.... Any ETA on that?

Will Return to Bell very soon.

Jo-Anne1

I submitted a ticket to their Customer Support. All the links that used to be on this feed are gone to do so.  But the must have resolved something on the back end as it suddenly stopped doing the verifying my phone # and finally looked like it accepted my phone #. Then I did a restart and it started working perfectly!!  Try to submit a ticket 🙂

Patrick28

I’m having the same problem just transferred yesterday, since then no income inc or out going SMS hope you can fix it for me as well

AnnieS

It just worked suddenly about 24 hrs later when the port was done, but I did submit a ticket and reset my network settings like at least 10 times during that 24 hrs to see if it works

KC44

I’m still having this issue too and I’m really disappointed there was no warning about it. I’m also a new user and I would have waited before signing up. 

Need Help? Let's chat.