cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online SIM delivery may be delayed until Canada Post’s service backlog has cleared

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

While the Canada Post rotating strike has ended, delivery continues to be delayed due to their backlog of mail and parcels. This means that any SIM cards you purchase online with us may take longer than the typical 3-7 business days.  With this in mind, you may want to purchase your SIM card at  one of our participating retailers that is closest to you. To find out where our retail partners are located, click here.

As more information becomes available, we will be sure to keep you in the loop!

If you have any questions, let us know by posting below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

69 REPLIES 69

thejemer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Luckily for myself, mine arrived the next day after ordering online. I guess it is the luck of the draw

ash_tinney

I saw this notice online when I was considering switching to public mobile but it was really simple to buy a sim from a retailer and set it up myself! 

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Brooke_C @CS_Agent Now would be the perfect time to announce support for E-SIM devices!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jencho wrote:

Walmart cell phone staff are sneaky

I went in to get a SIM card at Mississauga Walmart and he stated that public mobile has cell phone issues 

That I should get koodo.

Same thing happen to my husband he went to a Toronto Walmart same thing salesperson was informing my husband to get koodo because public mobile has dropped calls 

I got that from Telus when I was thinking of changing. Telus! It was all about customer service though...not the actual service. The service works perfectly fine as far as I know.

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Walmart cell phone staff are sneaky

I went in to get a SIM card at Mississauga Walmart and he stated that public mobile has cell phone issues 

That I should get koodo.

Same thing happen to my husband he went to a Toronto Walmart same thing salesperson was informing my husband to get koodo because public mobile has dropped calls 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jencho wrote:

Pick up SIM card at any walmart

Or London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will all sell a SIM.

It's been reported that some Walmarts won't sell just the SIM.

Jencho

Pick up SIM card at any walmart

@slash407, unionized workers have been fighting against corporate greed, and for workers rights and working conditions for years, and that is how many non unionized workers get the same benefits via legislation.

Unions do not go on strike just to be a disturbance.  It’s a choice they make to stand up for all workers.

Bringing in drones is no solution, as the drones take away jobs, and without jobs, economies. Slow, and we are all worse off in the end.

mmike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to Walmart and bought the sim last saturday.

Activated immediately. I am trying the service now.

FerdousH

I would honestly recommend to everyone to go your nearest Walmart (or particapting retailer) and get your sim card there. It is even possible for them to start up your cell phone transfer there too. 

@rubs wrote:

All OK. Now have the card, received in the mail today. Typical Yellowknife service - as fast as molasses in winter.

When you set up your account don't port your number right away. Select a new number and make sure everything is working properly then go to self serve and port.

rubs

All OK. Now have the card, received in the mail today. Typical Yellowknife service - as fast as molasses in winter.

rubs

"I ordered my SIM on Monday, got it today "

I presume that you got an email confirmation of the order. And maybe another when it shipped?

achinfatt

I ordered my SIM on Monday, got it today 

rubs

"If you paid for it, you should receive a confirmation email.  Check your spam and/or trash for it."

Hmmm. Does not show up in spam/junk folder. It has been 7+ days and no confirmation and no card. Only a VISA CC charge for $10.50. I live in Yellowknife; usually mail is by dog sled, or so it seems. 

If you paid for it, you should receive a confirmation email.  Check your spam and/or trash for it.

rubs

I ordered a SIM card on October 23. I realize the strike may delay receipt of the card but I never got email confirmation that the card was sent or an order number. Is this normal?

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree that shouldn't happen. That's why I don't think Puralator is a good company especially, when I'm just outside of Edmonton 

@jp2 wrote:

Not a PO box. I'm in the country so they just don't like driving out to my place instead they dump it at the depo in Edmonton and call me saying I have to pick it up. Other companies like FedEx and ups always deliver; even Canada post delivered to the door once. 

That shouldn't be happening.  If you are in an area that Purolator does not service, they should be handing it off  - to - you guessed it - Canada Post to deliver your package locally for you.

The only shipping company in Canada that I know of that services all Canaidan addresses and will do deliveries themselves to all Canadian areas is Canada Post.  When a packgage is addressed to an address in Canada that UPS, Fedx, Purolator, etc. doesn't normally go to and don't have a warehouse in that area, these companies have agreements in place with either Canada Post or other private/small shipping companies to take the package the rest of the way. It just happens to be that when they do this, the shipment costs charged to the customer will be so high that no one would want to pay this shipping rate.

jp2

Not a PO box. I'm in the country so they just don't like driving out to my place instead they dump it at the depo in Edmonton and call me saying I have to pick it up. Other companies like FedEx and ups always deliver; even Canada post delivered to the door once. 

@jp2 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

They make a ton of money, and own the Puralator Courier company also.

That explains why Puralator is so bad hahaha. I've never had a package from Puralator successfully delivered to my house 

Never?  Are you using a PO Box? 

If you've never had a package properly delivered by Purolator, there's likely something that's making your address for them difficult to find.  Companies don't just deliberately mess up your deliveries.  And if it's been happening for extended periods of time with Purolator, they've more than likely rotated different delivery drivers for your area.  Anyone can make a mistake but if it's all the time, there could be an underlying issues causing that.  I've never had problems with Purolator, and very few with Canada Post, or any other carrier for that matter.

I know that people often do not properly address packages and recepients often don't know how to properly provide an address when there are multiple unit numbers at one speicfic street number address.  For example, near me, there was a brand new group of townhouses built, and the builders attached street numbers on walls of these houses in the manner of "22-1, 22-2, and 22-3 Fake Street).  Problem is, that is wrong (if formatting an address like that, unit number must always be before  the "-".  If someone or a company actually addresses a package in the incorrect manner like that, the packages would actually get delivered to 1 Fake Street instead of 22 Fake Street, even if the shipping company knows that a mistake was made on the label (legal requirements). 

jp2

@stonechucker wrote:

They make a ton of money, and own the Puralator Courier company also.

That explains why Puralator is so bad hahaha. I've never had a package from Puralator successfully delivered to my house 

@Poogzley wrote:

What happens to orders that have been already placed? Can they be cancelled/refunded?

For all we know, Public Mobile has started using other shipping services.  If there was a full-blown complete Canada Post work stoppage, I can't see Public Mobile just shutting down the online sim card store.  We know that most times, other companies charge more (often much, much more) than Canada Post, but I'm certain Public Mobile loses money on sim card shipments/sales anyway.  I realize that Public Mobile/Telus would get a huge discounts from Canada Post, but Xpresspost and Canada Post Priority services aren't cheap. 

Poogzley

@Dunkman wrote:

@Poogzley

Generally speaking, no refunds on online SIM card orders, but this might be a special situation.  You can contact moderator with your order number to find out.  

Ok, Il do that now. 

Thank you!

@Poogzley

Generally speaking, no refunds on online SIM card orders, but this might be a special situation.  You can contact moderator with your order number to find out.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Poogzley

What happens to orders that have been already placed? Can they be cancelled/refunded?

dna2016

@Brooke_C thanks for the heads up, because I'm sure a lot of people don't realize how this rotating strike can really delay product delivery by even weeks.  

To be honest with the amount of retail locations someone can get a PM Sim now, I'm not sure why people still order them online (besides the few Walmarts that like to be difficult).  But I understand those few areas that don't have close retail locations.  But even then I'd still take a 20-30 minute drive to get a SIM at a Walmart (and at the same time do my grocery and regular shopping), than have to wait days, or now even weeks because of the strike.  Just pick it up and activate the same day.  No need to wait and then potentially miss out on expiring "promotions".

dna2016

@slash407,it's a rotating postal strike, so technically everywhere is effected, just a matter of when that areas turn comes up.  But I've heard with these rotations a standard 3-5 business days delivery can now take as long as 2-3 weeks.  

dougc

Calgary supposedly shutdown today till 6pm 🙂

...They make a ton of money, .."

Enough that the president's position historically gets like a million $ yrly in bonus $ .

~ For what ? - yrly  postage hikes,  layoffs of frontline staff,  resulting in 'sketchy'  service . . . . . 

"..it’s a privately run company..."  eh ?

Crown Corporation !  IF the numbers reported in this Wiki' posting are even half correct,  they should not be receiving any taxpayers $.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Post

BTW,  we like mail being delivered to our door mailbox ..vs those "supermailboxes"  that the riffraff/crackheads are targeting in increasing incidents ... granted cpo management tend to be in constant denial of

that !

EdmondY

It's a crown corporation without support from the crown.  While it's owned by the government, the government doesn't manage it nor fund it in any sense, so it works as if it was a private company (with the exception of UPU obligations).

Need Help? Let's chat.