cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

FLASH SALE! From October 27 to 28 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Hey Community,

Effective October 27, 2018 until October 28, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from October 27 to October 28, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! From October 27 to 28 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Seem like every weekend there is a flash sale. Why not just make it perminant Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! From October 27 to 28 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Existing customers waiting upwards of 6 days for moderator team response on account issues / no phone service. Why spend our limited resources to find new customers? Doesn't it make more sense to try and keep the ones we already have?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wonder if it's more frequent as there are potential delays due to the Canada Post strike. 

I'm happy to see any deals to entice folks to try out the service at low entry cost & hopefully my friends too (as would coordinate referral). 

Delays & learning curve, if there are issues or questions when joining, can be frustrating but one would hope that most new customers are set up at stores correctly. 

In our own case 2 years ago during that crazy fall special - we had one new account & phone port went really well & been great since.  The other (mine) got messed up when the porting form crashed & didn't notice that the auto-fill had changed the number... All corrected in the end but there was some delay. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RobertQc wrote:

Existing customers waiting upwards of 6 days for moderator team response on account issues / no phone service. Why spend our limited resources to find new customers? Doesn't it make more sense to try and keep the ones we already have?

I sent a private message 2 days ago and got the moderator response 30 minutes ago.  It is back to recent norm.  It is still long way to go to get back to a few hours response time enjoyed couple of years ago.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What frustrates me is i just signed up 2 phones this Wed, and get nothing for it.

Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Mayor / Maire

Not sure why you have a sour taste.  I am sure you are saving some money already by switching else you would not have switched.  Do you have the same feeling when you buy something from the grocery store, eat it, and then find out, 3 days later, the same things is on the next week sale. Yes it sucks, but  no one knows when the promos happen nor what they will be.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If i buy something at a store and the price goes down you can

go to the store and most often get credit the price difference. If its only been a few days. I am not sure where you shop.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm curious if the retailers get reimbursed for the sim cards or if they pay nothing for them. I ask because it can get kind of sketchy when Public Mobile puts these sales up and then the retailer gets the blunt of the bill.

Either way, this promo is good for the consumer. Could we see the $25 both ways for referral make a return?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

good evening i was apart of the flash sale in Sept 15 and 16. i came into the wow store on the 15th and activated a 30 day plan i did not recieve my next 30 days free. i called the store that i went to and talked to them a few times and then they told me to come here for help. what do i do about getting my free 30 days.