cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE DAY SALE! Buy a SIM online today & get a bonus 5 GB of data when you activate by June 16

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

On June 1st,  customers that purchase a SIM card online before 11:59PM ET will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before June 16, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $25+/mo plan (Ready-Made plans only) to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate by June 16th on a Ready-made plan of $25/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated on publicmobile.ca by June 16th on any Ready-made plan $25/mo or higher using the same email address used to purchase the SIM card. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 72 hours.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

111 REPLIES 111

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Alan_K wrote:

Just over 12 hours left to take advantage folks- let a friend know! Smiley Happy

Wishing everyone a great weekend- I'm going to be glued to my TV on Sunday night for the Raptors game.

Good offer - but I feel a bit dumb because I couldn't figure out how to buy a Sim on line.

@john316 wrote:

Does this bonus data has validity?

It'll be available as an add-on, won't expire until all used up but might take upto 7 days for it to be added to your account after activation.

Edit: Apparently it should only take upto 3 days (not 7) before the data gets added to the account.

john316
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does this bonus data has validity?

ldituri

thank you

@ldituri wrote:

My son is a client of Public Mobile but with my credentials (email and credit card) as he is still a minor.  If I get a Sim card for myself is that considered a new client.  I will be porting my mobile number from Rogers?

@ldituri You would need to setup a seperate account with a different email but you can use the same cc info. Also don't forget to use your son's number as a referral when signing up 

@ldituriYes as long as you use a different email (it is required anyways).. you are a new client.

ldituri

My son is a client of Public Mobile but with my credentials (email and credit card) as he is still a minor.  If I get a Sim card for myself is that considered a new client.  I will be porting my mobile number from Rogers?

bc731
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous Luckily i haven't port the number over yet.  

I went back to the store to look for the rep (also the manager) but he was not. I left my contact for the manager to call me back to resolve this. I felt misled and cheated.  So fustrating.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bc731 wrote:

I would buy another one but i don't loose the payment to this one  especially when i'm not using it.

The promo is for new customers so you would have to start again. Did you port a number over from elsewhere? If so, you'll need to port back and then port back in again.

It just burns my britches these reps in stores. To have said that is a flat out lie. To have hedged and wondered and maybe then well maybe fine. But dang.

@bc731Unfortunately there is no way around it other than forfeiting.. since Public Moble is a PrePaid service in the end.

bc731

I would buy another one but i don't loose the payment to this one  especially when i'm not using it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bc731 wrote:

how do i let it lapse? 

Stop paying.

bc731

how do i let it lapse? 

@robert8There is still time, just buy another one, if you value the 5GB more than $10.

@bc731You can only deactivate an account by letting the account lapse for 90 days.. sorry.

@bc731 wrote:

I activated a new acct at Walmart this morning at 11:45am, and the rep told me i will get the 5gb add-on.  So if i can't get this bonus since it was not ordered online, can you deactivate my acct. i like order a new sim card from public mobile.

Thank you

You will not get this bonus - sorry

@robert8 wrote:

Would it be possible to get the plan still if I bought the Sim Card online last week? Because I still haven't received it yet....

@robert8  No. Must be purchased today only.

robert8

Would it be possible to get the plan still if I bought the Sim Card online last week? Because I still haven't received it yet....

bc731

I activated a new acct at Walmart this morning at 11:45am, and the rep told me i will get the 5gb add-on.  So if i can't get this bonus since it was not ordered online, can you deactivate my acct. i like order a new sim card from public mobile.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prasadrm 

And if you use a referral then there's your SIM paid for.

@PrasadrmThe sim card is non refundable according to the terms here.

• The price is $10 per SIM card, and this purchase is non-refundable.

@Prasadrm wrote:

I wanted to cancel my SIM order how can i do?

When you get the sim card, just don't activate it. Throw it away or save it for the future in case you or someone else wants it.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K wrote:

On June 1st,  customers that purchase a SIM card online before 11:59PM ET will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 5GB of data. 

@Prasadrm The opening post, part of which I quoted above, states that it's a one-time bonus.

Prasadrm

I wanted to cancel my SIM order how can i do?

@PrasadrmNope new customer will only get 5GB ONCE.. that's what ONE TIME means.

@Prasadrm wrote:

Earlier they had promotion for 3GB for porting from Bell and that time it was clearly mentioned as long as you continuously maintain account  add of 3GB is for every month continues.

Can you please clarify, that new customer will get 5GB add on every month similar to the above?

Prasadrm

Earlier they had promotion for 3GB for porting from Bell and that time it was clearly mentioned as long as you continuously maintain account  add of 3GB is for every month continues.

Can you please clarify, that new customer will get 5GB add on every month similar to the above?

ritsp

Ok thanks.

@ritspThe only employees here have PM or MOD labels next to their names.

ritsp

@GinYVR are you an employee of public mobile? Just wanted ro confirm that i have right information before i go for this offer.

ritsp

@GinYVR are you an employee of public mobile? Just wanted ro confirm that i have right information before i go for this offer.

Need Help? Let's chat.