cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

freephonelove
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't receive any confirmation email either -  the offer stated that the email entered would be the one the deal was applied to, so I'm assuming it will be eligible. It would have been ideal if there was some form of auto-generated confirmation, for sure. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Will spread the good news out!

@nasirksb 

The 5 GB remains until it's consumed.   It does not expire or renew.   Whether or not it would be removed with plan changes is usually indicated in the Terms and Conditions of the original promotion.  

nasirksb

Hello Support Team , 

so 5 GB stay as long as my account active and I don't change Plan ?  or this is like one time Bonus which means this 5GB bonus will remove in Feb.

No @goodtogo2019 , that won't work unless you're looking for a 2nd Public Mobile account (unless you have another SIM card, and don't mind losing your phone number)

The e-mail has to be pre-registered for the promotion, THEN activation follows using the same e-mail pre-registered for the promotion.

You might try asking the moderators (if you ask really nicely) if they might grant you the opportunity.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

goodtogo2019

I am new to Public Mobile & just set up a new account two days ago.  Now I have received an email with a New Year Savings offer.  In order to take advantage of this it seems I have to go through the whole activation process again with my SIM and Credit Card info.  Is this correct?

4mp3rs4nd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, absolutely, cheers - I'm just worried that I'm still getting the marketing "sign up now or miss the credit" emails. I got my referral credit already, so I guess the system's not smart enough to stop those marketing emails when the user has already created a new account. 🙂

@4mp3rs4nd Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

4mp3rs4nd

I signed up for this offer and then signed up / activated using the same email last week. However, I'm still getting emails prompting me to activate before Jan 15 to get the deal, and it doesn't show up on my account. Can someone help me out?

sawattamwar

Hi I have bought two new sims and activated from store .. how to check if store representative has enabled both offers on my account or not?

a4chiu

Question: 

I submitted my email address on PM’s home page, then I activated my sim a day after, but the confirmation email arrived 2 days later. 

Will I still be able to get the one month free?

@JillianHaley @gpuddister 

Recieving the confirmation email is not contigent to recieving the promotional offer. As longvas you have submitted your email prior to activation and recieved the pop up confirmation immediately following the email submission you will  qualify for and recieve the 30 day credit and 5gb data bonus. It will be applied to your account within the next 30 days.

JillianHaley

Hey there, I activated my SIM when I got it making sure it was after I submitted my email that I used to sign up to be eligible for the 5G bonus. I'm not sure if I recieved the confirmation email before activating though as I thought i would just need to submit the email first then activate.  Should I be concerned this won't be applied? And if it doesn't is there a way to fix it? 😞

gpuddister

Hi,

I don't have time to read through the entire thread to find the answer.

I just received an email about the free month, but I already activated on Dec. 30. When I click to activate, it brings me to the account setup page, which I've already completed. Am I not eligible for this? Thanks.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Greyz wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@Greyz My bad, I'll go change that, the conditions say :

"The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed."

I see that in the conditions too.  Thanks for following up.

@Greyz Apologies for the wrong info.

Greyz

@kb_mv wrote:

"The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed."

I see that in the conditions too.  Thanks for following up.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Greyz wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

The $15 plan is eligible for the free 2nd month. Just not for the free data. Easy enough to sign up for the $25 plan, get the second month free and the 5 GB free data, then downgrade to the $15 plan.

Can we really do this?  If we downgrade to the $15 plan on the third month, the 5GB free add-on won't be lost from our account?

Greyz

@kb_mv wrote:

The $15 plan is eligible for the free 2nd month. Just not for the free data. Easy enough to sign up for the $25 plan, get the second month free and the 5 GB free data, then downgrade to the $15 plan.

Can we really do this?  If we downgrade to the $15 plan on the third month, the 5GB free add-on won't be lost from our account?

@Okokokokokokok wrote:

Is the 5GB Additional data a one time bonus, or ongoing?

In theory, would the $25/month plan with autopay end up having 6GB total (5GB bonus + 500MB + 500MB Autopay) indefinitely with this promotion? Or just receive the 5GB add on for a single month before it falls off?

The 5GB bonus is one time. You can keep it until the data in it gets consumed.

Okokokokokokok

Is the 5GB Additional data a one time bonus, or ongoing?

In theory, would the $25/month plan with autopay end up having 6GB total (5GB bonus + 500MB + 500MB Autopay) indefinitely with this promotion? Or just receive the 5GB add on for a single month before it falls off?

@Lucashart09 wrote:

I activated and did not receive the additional 5gb of data.  

If all conditions were mer, you'll receive the data within 30 days.

Lucashart09

I activated and did not receive the additional 5gb of data.  

MK5

But my account shows next payment will be on January 29 from my auto pay. 

@MK5 wrote:

so, is that two months (first and second) free? When I activated my line on December 30, I was told first month is free. I enrolled for autopay and I have been charged $25 for that plan and that doesn’t show in the balance. Please let me know if that will be adjusted in the following months? 

Sorry, but the first 30 days will be full price. You'll only receive one free 30-day plan. Your activation was from a previous promotion, but you'll receive any credits that you're eligible for within 30 days of activation.

MK5

so, is that two months (first and second) free? When I activated my line on December 30, I was told first month is free. I enrolled for autopay and I have been charged $25 for that plan and that doesn’t show in the balance. Please let me know if that will be adjusted in the following months? 

@Anonymous  maybe PM considers it 30 'business' days because every day for them is a business day?

Still, I do see your point - may be misleading for the Mon-Fri working crowd.

Tony49

Great news, I will spread this news to my friends that have been sitting on the fence.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Staliger wrote:

@Catherine_T Great news as always. Ah, I wish someday there was a similar promo for current users. Something like "successful payment on-time for 12 months in a raw? Get GM/mins/month free!". Wishes, wishes...😁

We already do. Two Decembers in a row with freebies for existing customers. Two summers ago a freebie. Last summer some freebies for some. The loyalty reward etc. And on the very odd occasion a promo plan that anybody can change to. But that's admittedly rare.

And the copy/paste strikes again. @Catherine_T : It's not 30 business days. That would make it impossible to enjoy the credit for the first renewal.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T Great news as always. Ah, I wish someday there was a similar promo for current users. Something like "successful payment on-time for 12 months in a raw? Get GM/mins/month free!". Wishes, wishes...😁

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just noticed that myself when I went to sign up?

Need Help? Let's chat.