cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

vicki41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

**EDITED** Sorry ... just read through some of the comments and see that it may take some time to show up on my account. I'l be patient 🙂 Thanks all!

I just activated under this offer about 10 minutes ago. I don't see the free 5GB of data. When I go under my Account it says I don't have any promotions applied to my account. Do I have to wait or should it be showing up by now? Thanks!

@Amorrison wrote:

I did all of this and I never received the promotion. Signed up for the promotion, activated and picked a plan over $25. How can i go about getting this fixed?. 

@Amorrison 

According to terms and conditions, you will get the credit and 5GB data add on within 30 days. Some customers have gotten the data add on within 10 days.  If more than 30 days, then contact moderator. 

Amorrison

I did all of this and I never received the promotion. Signed up for the promotion, activated and picked a plan over $25. How can i go about getting this fixed?. 

@cwilkinson01 wrote:

hi please help i am unable to submit my email address to benefit from this offer

Use this link:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek

cwilkinson01

hi please help i am unable to submit my email address to benefit from this offer

@Candie82   It is a one time bonus add-on.

1. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Candie82 wrote:

I thought this would be an extra 5 gb a month. 
Super disappointed and I’ll have to up my plan when it expires 

@Candie82 

From the announcement post at the top of page 1 of this thread:
"(Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)"
This doesn't say every month. Nor does it say one time. Just free data. Singular.

Then it says under point 5:
"Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable."
Add-ons never repeat. Singular again.

The way data works around here is that you use your plan data first. If you consume it all before your renewal then any add-on data will get used. Then at renewal, the plan data will be used and the add-on data will step back and wait for the next time it's needed.

Candie82

I thought this would be an extra 5 gb a month. 
Super disappointed and I’ll have to up my plan when it expires 

@Ann2515 

No problem. Welcome to public mobile and the community! If you have any questions about your service, account, phone etc feel free to come ask us, read threads, search subjects you name it were happy to help!

Ann2515

Thank you

@Ann2515 

Officially its in the next 30 days but most have recieved around 8 or 9 days. If by day 25 of your plan you havent recieved the 30 day credit and/or the 5gb data add on then contact the moderators at that time and have them apply it.

Ann2515

I activated my SIM card this week and I still hasn’t got the 5gb of data added to my account. How long does it take for it to be added. 
thank You

Lauterswitjhl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You do not have to wait for the email.  As long as you entered in your email prior to activating your plan, you will receive the promo. You do not receive the credit right away.  It can take up to 30 days. 

collrins

i requested this promotion, and it said i was registered.   The next day I created an account with same email for public mobile.  it was the 35 plan.  I received today an email saying I was eligible and  for this flash sale, but I had to click though the email to register, but I had already created my account.  please advise as it was unclear that I had to wait for an email.

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

It generally takes two to three weeks for delivery.

xinyuan_hong

Hi, I ordered for a SIM card 5 days ago, and have not received it in the mail. Today, I received an email saying that I need to activate by tomorrow Jan 15 in order to qualify for the New Year Savings promotion. However deadline advertised online is Feb 8. Must I indeed activate by Jan 15? If so, how can I do so if the SIM I purchased has not yet arrived?

@Ann2515 wrote:

Hi I am a new customer I was wondering if i qualitfy for the months free and 5 gbs of data. i see it is nit added to my account.

Did you first register your e-maila address for this offer at Boxing Week Savings (publicmobile.ca) and then activate your Public Mobile account online?  If all conditions were met, you'll see the bonus 5GB (and the account credit) within 30 days of activation.

Ann2515

Hi I am a new customer I was wondering if i qualitfy for the months free and 5 gbs of data. i see it is nit added to my account.

Thanks You

Terence87

Okay thank you very much I will wait and see!

Terence 

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Terence87  - The credit is not instant.  It can take several days until it appears in your account.

Terence87

Hi all,

I registered for the promo for a month free before January 15th and have received the email to activate and redeem this. I have not been credited yet though despite already activating my Sim. Please help

Terence 

tanvir108115

Thank you. It worked

@tanvir108115  try this one 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/boxingweek

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus.

tanvir108115

Is the link for submitting email not working? It just opens up a page where the human avatar keeps on changing. Tried different browsers, but same result.Capture.JPG

Amcgarvie

@JillianHaley You do not get a confirmation email.  Just a notice on the screen that your email was submitted.

Amcgarvie

@Okokokokokokok The 5GB is a total one time addon.  It does not give 5GB extra per month.  Once it is fully used you would need to purchase an additional addon if the 500MB+500MB was not enough data in a month.

@col_sifu  page 1 very 1st post.

Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

If you used a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus. That credit will be applied within 72 hours of activation.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

col_sifu

HI there, 

I submitted email address for this promo and received confirmation from the site that they received it. 

I then continued and signed up for Public Mobile and transferred my Fido Account over. 

I still have not seen the 5gb added to my account nor do i see the credit for my next pay period. 

Can you please let me know when i would expect to see these promotions applied to my account?

Thank you! 

@Lindsaylee2222 wrote:

I think that since I signed up almost z year ago and plan to stay on public Mobile deserve the opportunity to receive the extra 5gig data added on to my monthly plan.  I have not missed a month, paid every month n have even switched to autopay to keep my account going.  That, in my eyes would make public Mobile comparable and even better than Rogers or Bell because they is something they would do for a customer like me, if I were to call, speak to a human, I am 92% positive that they would make that a reality for me.  Any thoughts, numbers I could call, human availability to access this possibility?

@Lindsaylee2222 

This promotion is for new customers only.  There is no person to talk to with Public mobile.  All customer service is done via private messaging moderator.  You could sign up for a new account with new phone number and receive this bonus. 

Did you get your holiday bonus this year from Public mobile in the month of December? Free 2 GB data and 500 long distance minutes. This promo was for existing and new customers.  Even though this promo expired at end of December, you may try to see if you can add the holiday add ons now.  Some customers were able to.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lindsaylee2222 : This is a prepaid service. Which means that paying on time every time doesn't hold the same meaning as having had a credit check and having collectors after you if you don't pay arrears.

Two summers ago all customers got a free gig of data. 2 Xmas's ago we all got a free gig of data and 400 minutes. This past summer people in BC, AB got 5 gigs of data and 1000 minutes. This past Xmas we all got 2 gigs of data and 500 minutes.

There's nothing stopping you from starting up a whole new account and getting any promo that comes along.

Need Help? Let's chat.