Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Mobile Pricing

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We have some news we think you will love! We listened to your feedback and have made some changes to our plans.

Some highlights include:

• Making 30-day plans even better
  • Introducing new data buckets for low data users
  • Pricing changes on talk + text and 4G LTE plans

Curious? Check out publicmobile.ca/plans and try out the plans calculator.

-Public Mobile Community Team

162 REPLIES 162

xXFryXx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome!....

@helkris wrote:

Greetings! Have a question about $10 for 30 days plan (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans/10for50talk50text).

50 talk minutes - are they shared between incoming and outgoing calls?

Or is it more like: 50 minutes for outgoing and unlimited incoming?

@Carld123 wrote:

@helkris

50 total minutes...

Also note that this includes time you use to access your voicemail. You can avoid using minutes by calling your VM via another cell or landline phone. Simply call your own number, then when you hear your outgoing message, press * and follow the prompts.

One caveat...you will need to use minutes to set up your voicemail, which can use up a lot of minutes the first time. To minimize the amount of minutes used, access the VM via a landline and set up as much as you can the first time. The first step will be to set a new VM password. BUT if you do not finish all the set-up the first call and hang up, you will NOT be able to access your VM from a landline UNTIL you call from your cell # at least once, forcing you to use minutes. THERE IS A WAY AROUND THIS!  

Log into your online PM profile and RESET your VM password to the default. THEN you will be able to access your VM again using a landline and the default PW and continue setting up your VM so you do not use up your precious few minutes. 

Eventually, you will need to call into your VM from your cell to link up your SIM with the VM. After that, your VM will always be accessible via a landline.

Hope this makes sense.

This is a known limitation and I have raised a ticket to get this fixed so the VM is always accessbile via a cell WITHOUT using minutes, at least until it is set up the first time. 

HTH.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@helkris wrote:

10$ for 50/50 plan - Do rewards work for this plan?

@helkris yes, this plan is eligible for rewards like all the other in-market plans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

helkris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10$ for 50/50 plan - Do rewards work for this plan?

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@helkris

50 total minutes...

helkris

Greetings! Have a question about $10 for 30 days plan (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans/10for50talk50text).

50 talk minutes - are they shared between incoming and outgoing calls?

Or is it more like: 50 minutes for outgoing and unlimited incoming?

Esabbah

You get the promotion by porting your freedom number when activating. Once you port and wait a few days, the system will recognise what you did and update 

@Someone_here wrote:

New pricing table 🙂

I changed the design a little bit, I think it makes it easier to compare...

Enjoy!

PM price chart nov 21 2018.png

@Someone_here

Nice job! Thanks for doing the legwork again!

New pricing table 🙂

I changed the design a little bit, I think it makes it easier to compare...

Enjoy!

PM price chart nov 21 2018.png

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @a337yi, may you please remind us or provide more detail on which previous post and/or plan you are refering to? For details about any current plans being offered check out https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans and be sure to look at the build your own plan options.

a337yi

That's great news! Thanks for sharing. Could you have a detail how much data buckets and/or how many can be offered? I'm a low user so will be intereted in.

@danielj wrote:

Having a credit card is more of a double edge sword. If your able to manage your spending and are then able to pay your balance it is great (it helps build credit history which is important for the time comes to buy a house). But it can lead to problems if you’re not able to manage your spending and make appropriate payments. Having a credit card does not mean you have credit card debt. There are options out there. It is not for everybody. If it is not for you @randolphbenoit it is fine. I am happy @randolphbenoit you were able to find an option that was right for you.

You are so right. I have had a CC for a great many years and have never paid 1 cent in interest. I have a rewards card that waves the fee if i keep a min in my bank account so I never have to pay for it and i have paid for so many trips with the rewards it is amazing. 

But like you said you have to be disciplined, i always pay of the CC before the due date, hence no fees. Even though I have never carried a balance, like you said it gave me a great credit rating. 

danielj

Having a credit card is more of a double edge sword. If your able to manage your spending and are then able to pay your balance it is great (it helps build credit history which is important for the time comes to buy a house). But it can lead to problems if you’re not able to manage your spending and make appropriate payments. Having a credit card does not mean you have credit card debt. There are options out there. It is not for everybody. If it is not for you @randolphbenoit it is fine. I am happy @randolphbenoit you were able to find an option that was right for you.

randolphbenoit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well I still rather options I mentioned before which be best for all but I always willing try new things if it in my favor but I need to consider how my data I sharing to the net 😛

mimmo

@randolphbenoit @Share link worst case an oracle will delete the link.

Glad you found recharge a viable solution even though it took some pushing and prodding  lol.

randolphbenoit

I share the webpage URL just not sure I am allowed here. No profit to me either way lol

randolphbenoit

not an actual app. it a webpage i set up with copy shortcut to home screen from mobile browser. as for cheaper its 12% service fee so might be highter for you lol. but its it quick pick PM price package and pay via credit ot paypal the sent voucher code to you email

popping

@randolphbenoit

Great looking app.  Are you going to release?

I am from AB.  It is expensive for me to use recharge service.

randolphbenoit

Any savings is great. I made a APP (just a browser shortcut to a personal browser page) to make top up and such simplier. PM-screen.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@randolphbenoit wrote:

Ok recharge.com route is 12% fee vs 15% HST (NL) either way and allows me Paypal route. Thx so much @Anonymous

3% is quite the spread. For me in BC the taxes come to 12%. The rates at recharge can vary though so I'm not certain that they're a fixed 12%. But for me currently it just saves a few pennies.

You can thank Oracle NDesai for telling us all about it a couple months ago.

randolphbenoit

Ok recharge.com route is 12% fee vs 15% HST (NL) either way and allows me Paypal route. Thx so much @Anonymous

randolphbenoit

Alright if I go recharge.com route how i add PM to it to pay PM?

Ok found it. might try this later. I willing to test this out. thx again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@randolphbenoit wrote:

Sadly Tangerine currently does not have Visa Debit. I with them as there no fees. recharge has fees. I just want use money i have to pay for things without a middle man taking a cut. All I can do is wait until businesses learn how to let people pay without going into debt lol. Thx for the feedback but in the end all I can do is wait and see.

Well come on...you can just about never escape fees/taxes. In my case, recharge nets out to be pennies less than buying vouchers in a store. I don't have a problem with that. And they take Paypal.

randolphbenoit

Sadly Tangerine currently does not have Visa Debit. I with them as there no fees. recharge has fees. I just want use money i have to pay for things without a middle man taking a cut. All I can do is wait until businesses learn how to let people pay without going into debt lol. Thx for the feedback but in the end all I can do is wait and see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@randolphbenoit wrote:

I dont need lead money, infact I want avoid at all cost. I have the money I just need online payment options. I buy vouchers locally but its a pain. I do EVERYTHING online. If they no PayPal then can we get pay by Bank email tranfer maybe? Credit cards why so many in debt. We all have banks. PM just needs bridge users with more options. As I said we not in a city and everyone does online shopping here, lack of options prevents many to going PM route (most stuck in Bell contracts). I like online option also incase I traveling to visit family. It 2018 and stills feels like 1990s.

Depending on what bank you're with, they do offer the Visa Debit option. Seems to be CIBC, RBC, TD and Scotia have it.

Depending on your provincial taxes, the recharge option may come to a few pennies difference than buying at a local store. In BC, it's just a couple pennies cheaper than in a store. And with recharge, being from outside Canada, the rates fluctuate a lot depending on currency conversions. Still pennies, but fluctuates.

But for you and your other family members, recharge is the way to go. I'd say that's pretty 2018 🙂

mimmo

@randolphbenoit I know you would prefer say PayPal directly incoperated I. The self serve system, it had been brought up in the public land a long time ago as well as a working other payment systems. But I doubt anything will change.

You can use PayPal at recharge.com the voucher is email to you within minutes and you can avoid the hasle of searching stores for vouchers by doing every thing from home. Not the perfect solution but it is one option.  

randolphbenoit

I dont need lead money, infact I want avoid at all cost. I have the money I just need online payment options. I buy vouchers locally but its a pain. I do EVERYTHING online. If they no PayPal then can we get pay by Bank email tranfer maybe? Credit cards why so many in debt. We all have banks. PM just needs bridge users with more options. As I said we not in a city and everyone does online shopping here, lack of options prevents many to going PM route (most stuck in Bell contracts). I like online option also incase I traveling to visit family. It 2018 and stills feels like 1990s.

danielj

There are low limit, no fee credit cards designed for people with low income. I was a 18 year old with no income going into college when I got my first credit card. There is also the option that @mimmo surgusted so there are options out there.

mimmo

@randolphbenoit you can buy vouchers online with recharge.com. there are no taxes but a service fee which tends to be less than 12%

randolphbenoit

Will some people like myself are in the ver low income bracket why we use PM in first place and can not afford a crdit card even they had say bank debit/ email transfer top up be useful.

Need Help? Let's chat.