cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: New Long Distance Add-Ons

It is wonderful to see more countries added to the International List.  Way to go Public Mobile!

I would love to see Trinidad and Tobago added to the list also.  I have signed up 19 people through my own account and through others.  I am Trinidadian born and this would mean a lot to me.  It would also help me initiate more business for you.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice. But may need less minutes with lower cost that could attract more customers.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Point taken. The fact, nonetheless, is that no package/solution can satisfy the needs of 100% of the clients. However, a solution can be considered that could satisfy the needs of users needing fewer minutes.

One possible solution could be that all cheaper cost per-minute package be nested under a higher cost package. Example: The package of “500 Minutes to China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan for $15” automatically cover calls to countries with a cheaper package — like “1000 Minutes to the U.S. for $15”. This would imply that a person would thence pay 3 cents/min for calls to China as well as to the U.S., and will not need to subscribe to two separate packages. This seems to be a Win-Win for both — the PM and the User.

@computergeek541  @Catherine_T 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice to see that Public Mobile listens and makes changes accordingly.  

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Catherine_T @Bryan_N I'm curious about Northern Ireland.  Does the "Ireland" in the new 300 min international add-on cover the entire island of Ireland, or just the republic?  Northern Ireland is part of the UK, but how does it work for calling someone there?--do you use the international add-on (which includes "Ireland"), or the UK add-on?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dac13 

Good question seeing as brexit has skewed country loyalties but the previous international add ons considered Northern Ireland to be part of the UK and it should remain that way for the new add ons as well. You were able to call Northern Ireland with old add on but not the Republic of Ireland.

Edit: Whoops meant to tag you @srlawren !

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hi, looks great. Really good for folks in Canada to call friends and relatives in other countries!!

I am trying to understand the US roaming options to use while in the USA. The add-on description lead me to read footnote 6.

Website refers to footnote 6 for both Canada and US Add-ons. 

Should the add-on for USA roaming Add-ons refer to footnote 5????

In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons6 US Roaming6  - 10 day packages

Footnote 6. Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US.

Footnote 5. Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed. US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base plan you have purchased and other factors.

================================================================

Also footnote 2 is NOT showing in ANY of the plans and can be read 2 ways. 

1. Every one that pays using auto-pay gets 500mb free of Data

2. Any plan that offers 500MB (all but $15 plan) must use AutoPay. 

Footnote 2. Customers must subscribe to AutoPay to receive the 500MB data bonus

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.56.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.55.53 PM.png
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Finally time to make a few comments myself. Overall it is good to see the increase in available countries and overall a decrease in cost per minute. But i have to agree that it has become much more complicated now instead of easier. We have to remember that with a Post Paid plan you simply call who you want and at the end of the month you get billed. Couldn’t be easier though yeah it may not turn out to be the best price overall. So it wont be as easy on PrePaid but will hopefully be a better deal.

The old system had some benefits in the way that the three categories including Canada, USA & International were all covered if you had just the International plan. And the International plan was actually very slightly less expensive per minute than the US only plan so it was reasonable to just have the International plan or you might add the Canada plan as well to ensure you weren’t consuming significantly more expensive US/International minutes on calls above your plan limits calling within Canada.

I would agree with trying to keep it as simple as possible within the knowledge that there is no way that access to all available countries can be at the same price per minute. So a single “Long Distance” add-on with variable rates of consumption of the units in the plan to the various countries would be great. There might be different size packages that make smaller packages a higher cost per minute but less outlay up front. 100, 500, 1000 units maybe and consumption could be 1 unit to Canada, 2 Units to US & UK, 3 or 4 or more units to other countries. Realistically there shouldn’t be any reason PM couldn’t allow access to every country in the world as Telus has the ability and the cost per minute would simply be “X” number of units per minute depending on the country.

If not the above then try to keep it as simple as possible by combining similar per minute countries such as USA and UK together and I would say to merge the old plans into the new somehow to clean up the mess of different add-ons in the list.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question...

Is the 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on only for long distance usage or it is also used as talking general minutes?

thanks,

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@scardinal3 wrote:

Question...

Is the 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on only for long distance usage or it is also used as talking general minutes?

thanks,

ANY calls within Canada beyond your base minutes use this add-on if you have it.

Need Help? Let's chat.