cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Long Distance Add-Ons

@computergeek541 

Compare this long distance add-on structure to Lucky's International Calling Add-ons. PM's price-per-minute rates are far better to every country listed in PM's add-ons. But Lucky can also reach many countries PM cannot. I think Lucky's breakdown into packages of tens or hundreds of minutes is a little ridiculous, I would personally be very conscious of talk time if I'd have to buy minutes in such small increments.

Chatr has a per-country "International Talk Saver" system instead of add-ons. At terribly costly rates to every country I checked. So you just pay for exactly what you use, per minute per country, no need to buy any packaged add-ons, but if you talk a lot then you'll pay a lot.

Freedom offers very few Talk Add-Ons.

$15/1000min for China, Hong Kong, and India.

$5/month to get "World Saver" long distance rates. Which seem comparable to Lucky, higher cost than PM, more countries than PM. You buy the World Saver Add-On, then you pay per-minute at lower rates ($0.05 per minute to UK, vs usual $0.75 per minute, for example).

But they do offer one killer standout - $5/month for Unlimited US Long Distance. This option would be a welcome supplement for any PM plan.

I didn't go through every country on every option on every carrier. But paying 1.5 cents per minute to call UK on PM is definitely better than paying 5 cents or 9 cents or 75 cents per minute elsewhere. Still ... if you gotta call the Ukraine then PM can't help you out.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They were expensive. They are not cheap now (maybe except to the US and the UK). I’m sticking to my calling cards. 

I’m nonetheless glad to see the changes. I know the rates are based on agreements with local providers and vary by country.

Hope to see something like 2000 mins for $20, with roll-over of course. Believe you me, when people think it’s cheaper, they tend to talk longer. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Pound wrote:

I’m nonetheless glad to see the changes. I know the rates are based on agreements with local providers and vary by country.

The operator-to-operator or network-to-network rate agreements are part of it.

But the other part is whatever price the operator sets for their customers.

They can choose to charge less than their cost, though that's not good business unless it generates profits elsewhere.

They can choose to pass it along at their own cost, a profit-neutral feature which just pays for itself so customers stick around and generate profit in other ways.

They can choose to charge more than their cost, and it seems evident that they usually do.

I notice that PM charges lower long distance rates to some countries than Telus or Koodo. So maybe the negotiated rates differ for each operator, just as altruistic or greedy imperatives differ for each operator.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I HAVE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT I WANT TO BUY A LOND DISTANCE ADD ON AND WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON THEY SAYSORRY SOMETHING WENT WRONG. I DID IT 10 TIMES NOW/.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Bryan_N wrote:

Hi @z10user4 

Thanks for mentioning! We are looking into how we can address this to ensure customers have more options to purchase. 

Bryan 

@Bryan_N 

Your Community system that runs on Khoros has a nice option to indicate which post is being replied to. This post of yours and the couple before have no context. Maybe you're referring to my feedback of the 611 service. If you turned on that option, the post that was replied to using the Reply button to the lower right of the post would be linked and we could all see the context of someone's reply. Very often new customers come on and reply to someone and they leave no clue as to who or what they're replying to.

It would be very useful to turn on that feature. It's already there. You just need to flip the switch.

As we've all been doing all these years, we quote the post or tag them (as you have on occasion but not always ). Although the quote function isn't available on a mobile browser for some unknown reason. Maybe you could fix that too. Or flip that switch and you won't need to fix that problem. Two birds!

Thank you for showing up on here and giving some official company replies.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LF99LF wrote:

I HAVE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT I WANT TO BUY A LOND DISTANCE ADD ON AND WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON THEY SAYSORRY SOMETHING WENT WRONG. I DID IT 10 TIMES NOW/.

@LF99LF 

Try a different browser or clear cache/site cookies or try incognito/privacy mode.

If you're wanting to buy one of the newly added add-ons I suppose there could be a glitch in the system.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Aside from Long Distance addons (which I call on the occasion only anyway and, once I deplete my current addons..  when I do, I will swap to other options instead), can we get more roaming locations please?

Maybe reasonable Europe roaming addons please?

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catherine_T @Bryan_N 

Always nice to see an expansion of offerings. 😄

Not so nice when it comes at the expense of other offerings that are/were useful. 😞

Now how about seriously considering some texting add-ons?

Please see this thread : How about a Texting Add-On?

(Anyone wanting else, don't forget to show and voice your support)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LF99LF 

As per @z10user4 suggestions whenever you are making any kind of changes in your account (adding funds, purchases, plan changes etc....) please use these methods to avoid error messages and glitches within the pm system:

1. Clear your browser and close all tabs.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only using secret/incognito mode.
  4. Firefox, chrome or safari work best.

Using these methods will almost always allow for a smooth, problem free experience.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I like @computergeek541 's suggestion best. Give me one long-distance add-on that rolls over. Allow me to call any country on your list with that same add-on but deduct different "credits" from that add-on depending on the country I am calling. Simple and flexible. Is it possible?

Need Help? Let's chat.