Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Account Created After EverSafe ID

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We know that some of you have experienced an issue resulting in a new Community account generated after you completed your EverSafe ID registration. The team has captured and is investigating the issue further.  

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team 

141 REPLIES 141

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Waving to @Anonymous from original account 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM like others I was forced to create a new nickname and this new profile was ultimately created.  Bravo'd below per your request.  My original account @Kristowhy had the email address linked.  I am still able to access my original profile account as it was cached in another browser.  Would like to have the original back, please.  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@J_PM   It might better to have this thread pinned in Announcement so that customers affected can respond and see that PM is working on a fix.  Thanks.

@J_PM agreed this should be pinned.  I saw this thread referred to within another thread otherwise wouldn't have seen it.  I was waiting to rejoin community when this was fixed but saw you wanted bravos below to see how many were affected by this.  If it's any indication I guess it's not a huge problem but didn't make for a seemless transition for many of us that were.  Hope you find a root cause and can merge these new nicks with our old nicks! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

After logging into EverSafe, it forced me to create a new community name. 

ON TOP of that, if you do not have this Community cached in your browser, you are locked out of even being able to get support until you have set up your Eversafe ID!?!?!?!?!?!

Another Catch-22.

Someone asleep at the wheel at PM?????

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Why was this change never announced? No warning as to what was coming and what was required. So no opportunity to plan ahead. So now people are locked out of their accounts and cannot make changes. And some may be CRITICAL, such as to avoid their account becoming suspended, or worse, deactivated!

THAT is a BIG DEFECT!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

You have created a Catch-22.

My account is suspended (manually). I cannot receive a text or even a voice message. As a result, I cannot receive a confirmation code to get into my account. So I cannot even take my account out of Suspended status!

BRILLIANT!!!

Please fix this ASAP!

Mechecor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Likewise - my old account was meche

Thanks for looking into it 

farmbot1

Update forced me to create a new username 

Lost all my seniority.

Old account was farmbot .

I want my status and rank back!

😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gb23   You need the email to be the same for both community and phone (My Account), so maybe sign up with a new nickname using the email linked to the phone account and your old community account  and then bravo J_PM's post so they can link the correct accounts.

gb23

I created this account today with a separate email so it has no association to the email I regularly use on PM. I'm wondering if I need to sign in with my regular email and choose a new nickname to Bravo the post or if this account is fine. I'm scared of accidentally "breaking" things further. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gb23   Is this (gb23) your regular community username or the new one you were forced to create after the recent updates to the accounts?   If the latter, then bravo this post by J_PM: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Community-Account-Created-After-Eve...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys. My old account was (koen4224), it no longer let's me sign in with username and email like it used to on the community. 

I thought it was separate from the Public login on purpose, so if the login was ever down we could still get support here.. 

gb23

Should I Bravo this from a newly created account with the same address or from the temporary account that I made with another email? I avoided choosing a nickname when prompted when trying to sign-in in case it made things worse.

gillybean1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old username was "gillybean" but it wouldn't link my account.

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can you please post a sticky about the issue of people without sim access being locked out of their account if they haven't migrated to EverSafe yet and the status of resolving this issue?

It's kinda a big deal and support can't do anything about it so please let the community members know that its being worked on and when its resolved.  

@J_PM wrote:

If you have experienced this issue, please Bravo this comment and we'll capture your new community information. Thank you.

thanks @J_PM .  This is a good way to get customers to report an ongoing issues that affecting them

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM   It might better to have this thread pinned in Announcement so that customers affected can respond and see that PM is working on a fix.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM   Thank you for posting an update and letting customers affected know that it's being looked into. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

If you have experienced this issue, please Bravo this comment and we'll capture your new community information. Thank you.

I don't have this issue, but I had bravoed it, so what happen will be I wonder?

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.