cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: NEW $70 for 15GB Plan

I am in my first month with this plan and agree that it is too much money for so little data.

I moved and didn’t want to rush into getting ISP, since I wasn’t sure who to go with.

I have chosen an ISP now which will begin on or around Sept. 7.  it depends when the modem gets here.  I will be getting unlimited.  

The data with $70. PM plan is puny.  It should be at least 25 GB, as far as I’m concerned.

I will be changing to the $35. plan because I want a plan with unlimited incoming and outgoing calls.

@ASt wrote:

I am in my first month with this plan and agree that it is too much money for so little data.

I moved and didn’t want to rush into getting ISP, since I wasn’t sure who to go with.

I have chosen an ISP now which will begin on or around Sept. 7.  it depends when the modem gets here.  I will be getting unlimited.  

The data with $70. PM plan is puny.  It should be at least 25 GB, as far as I’m concerned.

I will be changing to the $35. plan because I want a plan with unlimited incoming and outgoing calls.

If you took the $70 plan,I'm suprised, based on your comments,  that you took it to begin with.  It is just plain a horrible plan. Take your pick of too slow of data, not enough data, and too expensive.  Then add the fact that competiors, even with the Telus family, have offered better plans.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@ASt Yes, $70 plan is very pricey and not worth it.  If you are paying for that amount, you should go elsewhere

On the other hand the $35 is a very reasonable plan and you will love it

When you change plan, make sure you might want to sue "Change on the next bill date" instead of "Change Plan Now"

Change Plan now would charge your the new Plan price immediately and all the remaining date on the current plan cycle (remaining data) will be forfeited and start a new cycle on the new plan.  Probably not something you want.

ASt

Thanks for the good advice, @softech, about using “change” on next bill date.  I appreciate it.

ASt

@computergeek541 , 

I didn’t search for a better deal because I knew it would be temporary, just a month,  until I got an ISP.   

I had little time to research the competition, because I was moving and was told from acquaintances that PM offered rewards to make monthly payments go down.

I thought I could trim my time online but the GBs get eaten up quickly.  I used the 15.5 gb in 3 weeks and am now using the 2 gb bonus.

softech
Mayor / Maire

yes.. for data usage, they got eaten up quick..  LoL

With the help of home Wifi, you should be able to cut down the mobile data usage a lot.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar wrote:

911 fee is basically "Included" with your PM plan.

Technically, 911/E911 would be paid for by the government. "Included" in the taxes paid on the plan, not "included" in the price of the plan itself. Any added "fees" assessed to the consumer are just a money grab or tax dodge invented by fat corp accountants.

https://firefighterinsider.com/does-911-cost-money-the-price-of-emergency-calls/

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

Technically, 911/E911 would be paid for by the government. "Included" in the taxes paid on the plan, not "included" in the price of the plan itself. Any added "fees" assessed to the consumer are just a money grab or tax dodge invented by fat corp accountants.

In my world PM is the only  provider that does not charge a 911 fee of some sort   ... so that to me means they include it in the price of the plan . Whether it is a valid  fee  for those other companies seems irrelevant to me ... but it does put them out of the competition in most cases when it comes to value . 

LeePublic

@barndoor Lucky Mobile and Chatr Mobile also don't charge 911 fees, they include them in the plan price too.

barndoor

@LeePublic wrote:

@barndoor Lucky Mobile and Chatr Mobile also don't charge 911 fees, they include them in the plan price too.

@LeePublic ,Thanks ...I see that now . Interesting that a lot of other companies do list that they pay 911 fees in certain provinces even though included in the plans . I can find nowhere  that PM states that they pay those fees period . Just a curiousity . 

I see the company I used to be with still ads a 911 fee to the monthly plan price  ...and they are in Ontario where it would seem there should be no 911 fee to deduct . 🙄

Need Help? Let's chat.