cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet our New Oracles

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community!

Hope you all had a happy and healthy holiday season.

To start the new year off with some exciting news, we are happy to announce that @popping, @Dunkman and @Lieux will be joining our Oracle family!  We will also be welcoming @computergeek541 back to the Oracle team!

Congrats to all our new Oracles!

Want to get to know our new Oracles better? Here's a little more about them:

Popping

Popping is an all-round handy man. In his spare time, he loves tinkering with electronics and taking things apart to learn about how they work. From electronics, to vacuums and cars, he knows how to repair them all. He even runs a part time business repairing robotic vacuums!

Dunkman

When Dunkman isn't on the Community, you might find him enjoying one of his many hobbies including pickleball, 3D printing, or watching the Vancouver Canucks. He is also a bit of an adventurer, as he has tried bungee jumping, tandem parachuting, and has also scuba dived the Great Barrier Reef!

Lieux

Lieux is a whiz on our French forum! She enjoys helping others in the Community by getting to the bottom of what happened in order to understand the situation and uncover the best solution. When she's not on the Community, she enjoys going for walks with her dog or simply just learning more about other people. She's also a world traveler and has visited many countries!

Computergeek541

Computergeek541 is no stranger to the Oracle team, and has been a helpful member of the Community for quite some time! He's a big techie and loves to stay up to date with the most recent tech. In his spare time, he enjoys watching Netflix and tinkering with different cell phones and computers. He's also a big fan of the Blue Jays and Maple Leafs!

@popping @Dunkman @Lieux & @computergeek541 joins our current Oracle team made up of @NDesai @mimmo @Luddite @ShawnC13 & @will13am! If you want to learn more about our entire Oracle team, click here.

Please welcome our new Oracles to the team!

- Public Mobile Community team

108 REPLIES 108

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Haven't signed in for a few days and just noticed this announcement, definitely congrats are in order for the new (and returning) oracles!  😊

@Lieux I know you'll do great things in the French forum! congrats my friend 👏

@gpixel That’s okay because it’s not about gender here in those forums!!😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Way late to the party...see my lounge post 🙂

Congrats to the new Oracles. And the unretired Retired Oracle. 🙂

Dunkman, popping and Lieux are terrific selections. If this was by nomination like 2 years ago, those would have been my choices. They never stray from being always helpful. No flame wars. No emotional reactions. Unlike this old curmudgeon who disqualifies himself at every turn on bolded, capitalized rants from irate customers 🙂

Congratulations

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations everyone! Nice way to start off the new year.
Great choices and great news all around!

Jovi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congrats new Oracles!!  What an awesome team 🙂

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations to the newest additions to the Oracle team.

@popping @Dunkman @Lieux & @computergeek541

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations to everyone, all well deserved 🙂

@Lieux  You go girl! It's about dang time!

oh wow, I thought lieux was a male this whole time lol

Brent_liza1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congratulations to all of the new Oracles. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Congrats to the newly awarded Oracles: @popping @Dunkman , @Lieux and @computergeek541  

🙂

What a strong, great representation for the Oracle Team of Public Mobile.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H Congrats to these amazing people. I always see their posts supporting our community. Well deserved, and thank you for your input!😊

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman @popping @Lieux on behalf of the Oracle Alumni Association, congratulations on your appointments!  You will make excellent additions to the oracle team!  Enjoy yourselves. 

@computergeek541 we're sad to see you go but glad it's to a good cause.  😁

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cin7
Congratulations! It's great to be part of this community with so much talent and knowledge 🙂

Alan_K

Congrats @popping @Lieux @computergeek541 and @Dunkman !! Welcome to the team 🙂 

popping

I was busy this morning until now. 

Thank you PM for letting me to serve the community with different roles.

Congrats to the new @Dunkman and @Lieux and @computergeek541 oracles.

I will continue to help community members as before.

Stay +ve, Test -ve, and everyone have a better and better day!

fricstix
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations to all the oracles! I remember seeing all of them actively on the forms.

fdrcamb519

@Pipcan 

@Pipcan wrote:

I am relatively new to PM, since December.  What is an Oracle?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-oracle-program

SD08

@Pipcan wrote:

@Pipcan 

Description from the knowledge base article The Oracle Program and Team:
"The Oracles are a small group of Community members who have extensive knowledge about all things Public Mobile, and are passionate about making the Community a better place by helping our members. Oracles have used their knowledge to make a positive impact in the Community, by being helpful and providing constructive solutions and ideals, and their reward is legendary status—we view them as part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master. You can always ask an Oracle for help with any problem, but please remember that they’re customers like you, and not Public Mobile employees."

The list of oracles in that link is outdated, however.  The current oracles are:
Luddite
NDesai
ShawnC13
Will13am
Mimmo
Computergeek541
Popping
Dunkman
Lieux

CONGRATULATIONS 🎊👏👏 Good start to 2021!.

@Pipcan  take a look at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Oracle-Program-and-Team/ta-p/15563...

Pipcan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@RosieR  Thanks. You have a very good memory!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H wrote:

To start the new year off with some exciting news, we are happy to announce that @popping, @Dunkman and @Lieux will be joining our Oracle family!  We will also be welcoming @computergeek541 back to the Oracle team!

Wow!  This is really a surprise!  a pleasant surprise!  Wow  wow  wow!

Congratulations to our new oracles @popping , @Dunkman , and @Lieux  and welcome back @computergeek541 

@popping and @Dunkman - you guys were a big surprise to me.  You were not one of the most prolific posters in forums but you both have been active in the forums since 2018 consistently being in the top 5%-10%.  So, was this a big surprise for you too?  😉😉😉

@Lieux you were the first one who encouraged me to keep posting in the forums by giving my posts bravos.  As a newbie I very much appreciated your support.  You were a prolific poster in the English forums and missed your presence when you changed you username and moved to the French forums.  I am so happy that you are one of the new oracles.  🌹🌹🌹

@computergeek541 this is a well deserved move.  Even as a retired oracle, you were always present in the forums ready and willing to help fellow customers and newbies like me.  Ok, you had pointed out my mistakes a few times and that annoyed me more than you can imagine.  You probably thought I was a moron, which I am not really, so thank you all your help and not voicing what you thought of me.  PM choosing you to come back as an oracle again, is a no-brainer.  Nobody deserves it more than you.  👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

0bf23b8b0a4c01a3-

@fujiyama wrote:

Congrats to all new Oracles! And a simple title update for computergeek541 lol 😉 

Yeah I’m not sure WHAT the new title will be for @computergeek. “Retired Retired Oracle”? He retired from being retired?

AE_Collector

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hello this is great news, congratulations to all the new oracles and a big thankyou to the others who where already here keep up the great work!! 😷

imm1304

Congratulations @popping @Dunkman @Lieux and @computergeek541 

Your contributions and genuine desire to help the fellow community members what keeps the community so friendly and welcoming and useful.  I am happy to see the team Oracle grow.  

Happy New Year, everybody!  

Dtack

Congratulations to the New and (not so new) Oracles - we would be lost without your wisdom and guidance!  

fujiyama

Congrats to all new Oracles! And a simple title update for computergeek541 lol 😉 

My utmost respect to all of your dedication and contributions on here 👏 👏 👏 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

This is fantastic:)

Congrats  @popping@Dunkman and @Lieux and @computergeek541

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

awesome! great picks! congratulations guys! 

Need Help? Let's chat.