cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

@britbloke  If you look at the offer details it says it has expired. Maybe wait til Friday they might have another one.

britbloke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently on the Public website and it still shows that Lunar promo is available. I bought a Public SIM last night but I haven't activated it yet. Will I still be elligible for the $5 off promo if I activate today?

screencapture-publicmobile-ca-en-on-plans-2020-02-04-09_23_55.png

@MacMe wrote:

I ordered a SIM last week, but didn't receive it today.  So will miss out on this promotion 😞

@MacMe 
There is still a way to get this deal by midnight EASTERN tonight. Check your private messages.

Zenon11

Thanks. I was convinced that I ended up with a short end of a stick one more time. Good to joing you guys. Z.

@Zenon11 PM will deposit the first $10 in your within 30 days. And then apply it through months 2 to 9. Providing you don't switch plans and your account is in good standing for the promotions length . Welcome to PM. 

@Zenon11 wrote:

I registerd last night and the discount was not offered for the $35 package.

How do I get it now?

@Zenon11 wrote:

How do I get it now?

Read first post on this thread. Within 30 days.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂.

• Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

Zenon11

How do I get it now?

meeple

This is exactly how it worked for me.  I signed up, paid the full $40 + tax for the first cycle.  A few days later (perhaps i think the next day?), the 2 months of $2 autopay credit showed up (first month and second month).  A few days after that, the first of the eight months of $10 credit showed up.  On top of that, the $10 referral bonus showed up as well.

Hope that helps.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I ordered a SIM last week, but didn't receive it today.  So will miss out on this promotion 😞

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@tramvo041  also do not attempt to switch plans you will loose the promotion all together as per the terms of the promotion..

@tramvo041 wrote:

Hello,

I just switched to Public Mobile and signed up for the $40 deal in store today. However, the person helping me said they could not find that particular promotion but it should be fine as they manually added the items to my account. After leaving the store, I reviewed my account online and 1) it does not reflect the promotion that I signed up for and 2) the data that's supposed to be part of the deal is in the add-on section?

I tried to fix this myself, so I was looking in the "change my plan" section, at first I could see all the promotions but it wouldn't allow me change my plan as it said there was a balance owing -- I'm a new client but my credit card is on file so I'm not really sure how this works? I made a second attempt to fix the issue but now I can't see or select the promotional plans at all.

The deal ends tonight and I just want to ensure that my current plan is reflective of the $40 promotional plan that made me switch to Public Mobile. If someone could kindly offer some guidance it would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Check the first post in this thread.. up to 30 days for the credit.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

• Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.

tramvo041

Hello,

I just switched to Public Mobile and signed up for the $40 deal in store today. However, the person helping me said they could not find that particular promotion but it should be fine as they manually added the items to my account. After leaving the store, I reviewed my account online and 1) it does not reflect the promotion that I signed up for and 2) the data that's supposed to be part of the deal is in the add-on section?

I tried to fix this myself, so I was looking in the "change my plan" section, at first I could see all the promotions but it wouldn't allow me change my plan as it said there was a balance owing -- I'm a new client but my credit card is on file so I'm not really sure how this works? I made a second attempt to fix the issue but now I can't see or select the promotional plans at all.

The deal ends tonight and I just want to ensure that my current plan is reflective of the $40 promotional plan that made me switch to Public Mobile. If someone could kindly offer some guidance it would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

@sandeepk1999 wrote:

I signed up for $15 plan. My account shows this, but it does not show the $5 off. Does this promotion gets applied automatically?

Here’s what else you should know:

• Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.

@sandeepk1999 wrote:

I signed up for $15 plan. My account shows this, but it does not show the $5 off. Does this promotion gets applied automatically?

First post on this thread says up to 30 days.

The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date

sandeepk1999

DinoFlint
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I just signed for a $40 plan, and paid the full $40 plus TAX for the 1st month

In my undestanding for the months 2-9 I'll pay $40+TAX MINUS $10 promotion and $2 auto-pay. Is this correct?

Regards

FallenAngel

Just joined! hopefully going to get the text soon that porting my number was successful~

@Tiana_V Thank you for the update. This is very helpful and the timeframe is appropriate for us to notify our potential referrals. 

Thanks,

Chuck

@Tiana_V 

I mentioned in the open ended promo that ended (apparently) January 3 that it would be ideal if PM updated the initial promo post IN RED with an end date once it is determined AND also put a post IN RED in the topic marking the point in the conversation where an end date has been determined. In a 26 page topic it isn't as though we are going back to the first post each time to start reading from there noticing the update with an end date. An update in RED in BOTH PLACES would be ideal. 

Bonus points to PM for giving 48-72 hours notice of the promotion ending this time. That seems reasonable in a promotion that was launched initially with no stated end date.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez. You'd think they could update this very thread...like always! It IS their announcement thread after all.

expect an update on Monday morning

Well someone got around to updating the promo details from the home page that Dunkman managed to stumble across.

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez. You'd think they could update this very thread...like always! It IS their announcement thread after all.

expect an update on Monday morning

@CS_Agent @Tiana_V 

The website has been updated with the date that this promotion expires.

Can this thread also be updated?

"""Offer expires February 3, 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store."""

@Justriots wrote:

Under "Available Funds", it still says that I am paying the full price of the plan on Feb 29, which is my next payment period (I joined Public Mobile on Jan 29). Thank you for your help! 

I believe that this will always quote the total amount needed to cover your next renewal. IE: it won't drop because of credits UNTIL the renewal happens when credits will be used first and then whatever else is needed to make up a shortfall is put on your credit card. Even if you schedule a plan change for your next renewal this won't be updated to show a different amount needed.

AE_Collector

Justriots
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jb456 "You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve." Does this mean you won't even see the future $5 off your bill for month 2, until that statement is created? I understand it applies after 30 days but believed we would be able to see the anticipatory changes in our Self-Serve, given the statement quoted above.

@Justriots wrote:

Where do you see the $5 off promotion? I don't see it when I log into self-serve, under the "Overview" section. Under "Available Funds", it still says that I am paying the full price of the plan on Feb 29, which is my next payment period (I joined Public Mobile on Jan 29). Thank you for your help! 

First credit is applied to your account within 30 days

Justriots
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where do you see the $5 off promotion? I don't see it when I log into self-serve, under the "Overview" section. Under "Available Funds", it still says that I am paying the full price of the plan on Feb 29, which is my next payment period (I joined Public Mobile on Jan 29). Thank you for your help! 

@Kitty6767 

Welcome to public mobile and to the community

Congrats @Kitty6767 . Welcome to PM . Browse the forum and don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.

@Kitty6767 wrote:

Just signed up!

Kitty6767

Just signed up!

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Dunkman 

So there you have it! My first guess was Friday night but that has past now. Next guess was Monday night like do many of the flash promos. The race is on.....

AE_Collector

Lucky had one of the dates 20th

I personally think it depends on numbers. Great promo though

Need Help? Let's chat.