cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time offer: Get up to $10 off for 8 months when you activate online or in-store

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of February 4, 2020: This offer is now expired.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

Hey Community,

Effective immediately for a limited time, new customers who activate online or in-store on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 8 months. Or receive $5 off for the first 8 months if they activate on a $15 or $25/mo plan. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4.  Select a plan.
    • $15 and $25/month plans will get $5 off for 8 months
    • Plans $35/month or higher will get $10 off for 8 months
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

275 REPLIES 275

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez. You'd think they could update this very thread...like always! It IS their announcement thread after all.

@Dunkman 

So there you have it! My first guess was Friday night but that has past now. Next guess was Monday night like so many of the flash promos. The race is on.....

AE_Collector

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Awesome!

On the main website, it looks like the expiry date for this promotion:

Offer expires February 3, 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wyn6088 wrote:

Thanks! I like this deal. Just signed up Jan. 30 2020, switched from Fido.

Welcome to PM.  Enjoy your saving with PM

wyn6088
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! I like this deal. Just signed up Jan. 30 2020, switched from Fido.

eea

Thank you! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@eea 

Welcome to Public Mobile and enjoy your saving.

eea

Great promo! I switched over from Koodo and am very happy I did. 

@ookutan  The $10 referral credit should show up within a day or two. The $5 or $10 promo discount will appear in your account within the next 30 days.

ookutan

hi, i signed up and activated my account last Monday and haven't received any discount yet. Did you receive $10 discount already? 

ckkong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you!

Glade to hear @ckkong . I think the $10 discount you are referring to is because you used a refferal code. So , you can look forward to anther $10 within 30 days because you signed up within this promotion (the promotional discount will then be applied monthly from month's 2 to 9).  Welcome to PM. 

@ckkong wrote:

Nice! I like this deal. Just signed up last night and received the discount today.

ckkong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice! I like this deal. Just signed up last night and received the discount today.

You are welcome @ookutan . Just remember to sign up for the plan that best fits your needs. As you lose the offer if you switch your plan.

@ookutan wrote:

thanks for the detailed information. Its very helpful.

ookutan

thanks for the detailed information. Its very helpful.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great for lunar new year.

@frank4 wrote:

To aid in selecting a plan on this Lunar N.Y. offer, here's a couple of questions:

(1) what happens if the customer uses all data on their plan?  

(2) Similar question which probably applies only to the $15 100 minute plan: what happens if customer uses all 100 minutes of talktime?

$1 - You buy a data add-on or wait till plan renews. Terms say you can't change plan or you loose promo..not sure if you ask moderators to renew your plan early if you loose promo. (You would have to open a ticket via SIMon the chat bot and ask moderators if the time comes)

2- 100 minutes is for outgoing calls incoming is free if you use all your minutes you could always buy a $5 add-on for 500 extra minutes. The add-on rolls over each 30 days so it will still be in your account until all used up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frank4 wrote:

To aid in selecting a plan on this Lunar N.Y. offer, here's a couple of questions:

(2) Similar question which probably applies only to the $15 100 minute plan: what happens if customer uses all 100 minutes of talktime?

1. it stops working

2. see 1 (outgoing)

frank4

This promo must be on borrowed time now! It should likely last until Friday midnight eastern / 9 PM Pacific I would think. But most PM promos seem to run through weekends and end at midnight a Monday night so it *might* hang on through the weekend even though Friday is a month end.... who knows.

In any event, how many are still waiting for the SIM card they ordered to arrive, usually showing up just after the promo ends. And how many are going to miss this promo by a day just for waiting a little too long to sign up or switch? We always hear from many ticked people here after the promo ends and they didn't make the move quite quick enough.

Remember, you can start an account on a new number, locking in the rewards and then port your existing number at a different provider over in a day or two or ten. Just because your contract elsewhere ends next Tuesday that doesn't stop you from grabbing this promo in the next couple of days.

Just saying.....

AE_Collector

@hafsajamil09 wrote:

Hi activated my 15& package today but have not got credit of 5$ .

I have been charged the regular amount of 15$ plus tax.

First post.

• Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

hafsajamil09

Hi activated my 15& package today but have not got credit of 5$ .

I have been charged the regular amount of 15$ plus tax.

@deeole wrote:

I do see it says within 30 days it will be applied but there just wasnt any mention of receiving the promotion.

It's still an active promotion so you have qualified.

Also your referral sign up bonus of $10 will be applied within 72 hours .

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

deeole

I do see it says within 30 days it will be applied but there just wasnt any mention of receiving the promotion.

@deeole wrote:

I just signed up as a new customer and used a referral as well.   I was expecting to see something about the promotion and referral credit.  Is the 10.00 off plans no longer valid it is on the homepage still?

deeole

I just signed up as a new customer and used a referral as well.   I was expecting to see something about the promotion and referral credit.  Is the 10.00 off plans no longer valid it is on the homepage still?

dlatte

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @Tiana_V 

Is this valid only for today?

All customers that activated on January 20th will receive this promotion

Thanks

Valid as OF Jan 20th. Such a great deal! 

@hanh112 

I don't normally suggest contacting moderators for frivolous things wasting their time in the process. But, if you really think you need the $40 plan and are remembering that another change in a few months will likely cancel the rest of your monthly credits, I would contact the moderators. You've explained here that you got started on the $15 plan not knowing about the current promo and now realize you need more data. Ask if there is any provision to bump your plan up without losing your monthly credits as you weren't aware of the offer let alone the terms.... even if they aren't able to bump you from $5 to $10 credits. 

AE_Collector

@hanh112 

But it sounds like you may be considering paying $40 a month instead if $15 per month for 8 months to save a total of $40 more. Presumably your selection of the $15 plan initially was based on what you thought you needed so jumping to $40 and 5 Gb seems a bit over the top if just to get the higher credit amount.

I wish they would go back to setting minimum plan prices to receive monthly promo credits without making you lose future credits if you upgrade. That just seems silly to me. In this current promo with two different minimum plan thresholds, I would NOT expect a plan change from $15 to $40 to automatically increase the remaining credits from $5 to $10 but making that change shouldn't cancel the rest of the $5 credits either. 

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.