cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Enhancements to your Public Mobile App Experience!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are excited to share, our team continues to work hard on improving our app to enhance your experience. 

Starting today, there will be a number of enhancements released in the Public Mobile app. This significant improvement not only ensures a smoother and more seamless user experience but also enhances overall app performance. Thanks to all your feedback shared with our Community, and from participants in our recent user testing sessions, it’s played a significant role in shaping our journey. 

We understand that while we can't address every single concern instantly, we're committed to gradually making changes that matter most to you. Please continue sharing, and to sign up for future user testing opportunities to contribute feedback directly to the team working on these enhancements. Thank you! 

Latest updates

• Performance & Esthetics 
  • Navigation Paths  
  • Data Usage Feature 

Keep an eye out for more updates in the future as we continue app updates and improvements.

- The Public Mobile Team 

84 REPLIES 84

@6227C1  Most that join since the app began will be probably most comfortable there seeing as you now need the app to activate . Unlike when you could activate in the browser . So for those that have experience with both it’s just a matter of preference . I prefer the website because I’m most familiar with it . But one isn’t any better then the other I don’t think .

@fixin1  You get faster download speeds with 5G+ through PM I wouldn’t think it’s speeds would be more then 250MBS . I can get 700mbs with 5G+ plan from Telus . But with PM it’s just the icon showing5G+ top of phone screen . That o thought was still throttled to 250mbs 5G plan from PM 

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@6227C1 - I like the app's design, only that the log out doesn't work half of the time and I would end up deleting the app as it is quicker to me.

And also with 5G+ I got to download Public Mobile app faster than the phone installed it (>1 second download)

6227C1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lots of people are saying the app is good now, but recent Google reviews say it is terrible. Who is right? If it is good, how come so few from this community put up a good review in Google Apps? I don't mind accessing PM from a browser on my computer, but I feel there should be more compelling reviews to nudge others towards the app. Is this a fair assessment?

Way1

Not working now,reset password,can not login in,

thanks @LitlLdy 

you are great in updating us with this info  🙂

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

There’s an update to the app. May 2, 2024, Version 2.0.3

@Way1 wrote:

App not working now

At the moment Public Mobile's Self Serve system aren't workng for anyone.  Please try again later in the monring.

Way1

App not working now

Clivekid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try downloading the app

Clivekid

Great work

fixin1

@RyanE - You could have cancelled the subscription change. BUT you can still get the $40 75GB Canada Only 5G plan. If you are inquiring about the $40 75GB Canada-US 5G plan then it is a no-go-no-more.

Also change it on renewal instead of change now.

If it is the Canada-US $40 75GB please see if CS_Agent will help you:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. * They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

RyanE

Hello I'm supposed to be on the 75GB 5G plan as Inlaid $44 today however it's still showing in still on the $34 plan, also I need a 4 digit code when I call in to pay with my credit card

PMclient16

App is easy to use. Wish the community page would stay within the app rather than opening in the phones browser.

fixin1

@SarahWei - You will need to pull down on the screen to force update it. Or close out of app.

SarahWei

I just updated my app. But it still shows the data usage on Mar 31. Today is April 20! 
I don’t have this problem with old APP. Since upgrading to new app, it gets worse. 

JennjennD

Definitely confused me when I signed in and it looks a bit different 

Mdv1

Thank-you!!

terrybev01

Yes, i agree, the sign in page is  nonsense. I hate having to repeat over and over that this is q trusted device. I have to put in a code at every sign in, not happy

@Basem24 wrote:

If you use PM home page its 2 diffrent but if you use the app it will be the same or at least that what I realised 

It's the same either way.  As I was saying, once a Community acocunt has been linked to a Self Serve account, the login for both is the same, regardless of using the website or app.  

Basem24

If you use PM home page its 2 diffrent but if you use the app it will be the same or at least that what I realised 

Basem24

They are the same if you use their app 

@DennyCrane wrote:

@computergeek541 How so? They can be linked, but both require separate logins (and can have separate passwords as far as I'm aware).

The actual log in is the same for both.  I do understand that it's possible to have a Community account not linked to a service account, but when a customer has a service account that are linked, the actual login for both Community and Self Serve are one and the same (there is no way to have separate passwords/login credentials for the linked Self Serve account and Community account).

@computergeek541 How so? They can be linked, but both require separate logins (and can have separate passwords as far as I'm aware).

@Tiffiny124 wrote:

Public mobile is separate from the community. Its two different log in. Go to the public mobile home page and log in from there.  

The above isn't correct. Community and Self Serve use the same login.

Tiffiny124

Absolutely disgusted with the free data for taking away $70 in annual credits by switching to the new points system. I ran out of data, received the bonus data and surprise surprise I wasn’t able to use the data despite being told it was available. 

Tiffiny124

You use to be able to see this but it seems to have recently changed. 

Tiffiny124

Public mobile is separate from the community. Its two different log in. Go to the public mobile home page and log in from there. If you don’t have your password request to reset the password through your email address. There are multiple options for two step verification. 

@Tiffiny124 Walmart doesn't sell Public Mobile sim cards anymore. Your only option is a corporate Telus or Koodo store, or Amazon which is actually cheaper anyway. Otherwise you're stuck ordering from Public Mobile directly, which I wouldn't advise because their shipping times are inconsistent at best.

Tiffiny124

Koodo/telus will not help you. This is all done online. I did not need to down load the app to get my virtual SIM card. You can go into a Walmart and purchase a physical SIM card. 

Tiffiny124

Unfortunately it’s all done through messages back and forth. You never know when you will receive a reply. Once you do and you respond you’re back to the bottom of the message list. 

Need Help? Let's chat.