cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Enhancements to your Public Mobile App Experience!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are excited to share, our team continues to work hard on improving our app to enhance your experience. 

Starting today, there will be a number of enhancements released in the Public Mobile app. This significant improvement not only ensures a smoother and more seamless user experience but also enhances overall app performance. Thanks to all your feedback shared with our Community, and from participants in our recent user testing sessions, it’s played a significant role in shaping our journey. 

We understand that while we can't address every single concern instantly, we're committed to gradually making changes that matter most to you. Please continue sharing, and to sign up for future user testing opportunities to contribute feedback directly to the team working on these enhancements. Thank you! 

Latest updates

• Performance & Esthetics 
  • Navigation Paths  
  • Data Usage Feature 

Keep an eye out for more updates in the future as we continue app updates and improvements.

- The Public Mobile Team 

89 REPLIES 89

Legacy_Rewards
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

This latest app is definitely a big improvement over the previous edition.  The account tab seems rather busy.  I wonder if it would make sense for a new ribbon to appear where the list of account options are placed in several bins instead of a single long string of options.  One of my accounts is missing the account PIN option, not sure why this is the case.  I have only been able to make this appear once before on the old app.  It would be nice to include a logout option on more than just the account tab.  

The latest app still has issues with activations. Could PM spend some resources in making the activations go more smoothly instead of getting stalled activation….contact an agent.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This latest app is definitely a big improvement over the previous edition.  The account tab seems rather busy.  I wonder if it would make sense for a new ribbon to appear where the list of account options are placed in several bins instead of a single long string of options.  One of my accounts is missing the account PIN option, not sure why this is the case.  I have only been able to make this appear once before on the old app.  It would be nice to include a logout option on more than just the account tab.  

positronmchappy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They don't care. Reps don't even acknowledge it's an issue. But, I could waste more time & battery life submitting photos; showing only "voucher" option, to other reps in outer space. I like the pricing & the network, but am unable to recommend Telus' love child.

Lilith1313

Exactly. Ignoring us and pretending it's business as usual is not going to end well for PM

Sushi_Combo

A massive improvement over the earlier versions of the app. Great job ! 

JohnB1970

The add more funds button is still gone it was so easy for me to add more money to my account and now its disappeared please do better as i could use my bank account info and add more money please fix this!

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Schr0ding3rscat - I think they hid the ever safe loading bar with a different dynamic one for all of the HTML plugins like the rewards menu:

IMG_6942.jpg

Schr0ding3rscat

The new app is much better! My only request is that the backend received some upgrades, the eversafe authentication slow and unreliable.

fixin

No wonder why it took a while for them to update the app... it hasn't been updated since October!

Salvo1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Screenshot_20240312-181057.png

 good job. Friends !!!

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe this "improvement" will suck hard like the forced transition to Public Points.

fixin

My next suggestions: Go accordingly to if you are on Light Mode / Dark Mode

Dark Mode = Blue (New colours)

Light Mode = Light Peach (Old Colours)

You can change it to be according to your

1. Phone's Current Light / Dark Mode state.
  2. Personal Preference within the app.

It won't change the current experience, other than that the buttons will be lighter.

Just a suggestion.

Yes. This is from yesterday, but it's basically the same variance today. The usage breakdown is the correct usage. I understand the data limit now (it includes the add-on's, although even that's off a bit), but the usage is only correct in the breakdown.

1000011560.png

1000011561.png

Edit: I'm guessing the usage is including the 1GB of the add-on that was used over a year ago. Very confusing, and not valuable information to display there IMO.

@DennyCrane wrote:

So far I like it. The data limit and usage on the main page is wrong though. But it seems quicker, and I prefer the look over the tan colour.

@DennyCrane , is your usage (under usage breakdown section) there accurate?

@J_PM wrote:

The meter functionality is dual. The new meter includes both plan data allotment as well as any active add-ons!

This isn't a decision that I agree with.  Although it's more consistent with the information provided by 611, this wil cause customers to misunderstand the amount of data included per billing cycle.

The meter functionality is dual. The new meter includes both plan data allotment as well as any active add-ons!

Ethan_

The new app design is sleek and well-organized, which I appreciate. However, it would be great if the EverSafe login feature could be improved to remember devices correctly. Currently, it doesn't seem to retain the checkbox selection, which can be frustrating.

avishany

Loving the new app☺️

Cjacinto

Definitely better than the last version. Seems easier to navigate on first trying it out. 

Patrick_PM

I'm waiting for the app enhancement that allows me to opt-out of the forced migration to the points reward system ... 😉

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I didn’t know we weren’t using the original thread anymore for updates to the Public Mobile app so I posted the update to the app there yesterday like I have been! “Live Changes and Improvements to the Public Mobile App

sigdog

Maybe the light vs dark appearance is a personal preference thing, but I agree with you - I prefer lighter interfaces. Perhaps a future version might have this as a preference in settings.

Dandu31

Doesn't matter because I'll be moving to another provider anyway because it'll cost me 10$ more per month

sigdog

I just went through the new interface and the first impression is that it is a definite improvement. Well done.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

So far I like it. The data limit and usage on the main page is wrong though. But it seems quicker, and I prefer the look over the tan colour.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The app is improved and I appreciate the attention to more details. However, I’ll reserve judgement until more time passes with respect to the Eversafe feature. The sign-in process has been cumbersome as even though I’ve ticked the box to indicate its a trusted device, I’ve still received a text message with a 6-digit code to enter many times unnecessarily. Its as if the system sometimes does not recognize the box was ticked. Why not allow a period of a few days or a week to gain access to my own account after authentication?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the update . Seems to have more options then before .  but it appear dark dingy and un welcoming  . But certainly more intuitive at least . Maybe try and make it lighter and brighter . Just my .02 cents 

fixin

Agreed!

Jattdesi1

This new App is so much better then the Previous Garbage App

Need Help? Let's chat.