Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last day to redeem the $40/ 4GB promo plan: February 3

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

During the $40/ 4GB promotion we experienced some issues with Canada Post delivering SIM cards. Since many people who ordered their SIM card during the promotion were unable to activate their SIM card before the promotion ended because they didn’t receive the SIM in the mail, we chose to honour the promotion for this select group. Up until this point, we have not specified the last day that those customers need to request their SIM card to be activated on the $40/ 4GB plan. Now we are.

The last day for customers who ordered their SIM cards between October 25 and November 16, 2016 to submit a request to be activated on the $40 / 4GB plan is February 3, 2017. If you or anyone you know of purchased a SIM card during this time period and has still not activated, please be sure to do so before February 3, 2017! To learn more about the $40/ 4GB promotion, click here.  

Here’s how you can submit your request:

1. Contact one of our moderators (@Shazia_K, @Mary_M or @Saray_O) with your SIM card order confirmation number. This will help them confirm that you ordered your SIM card between the dates outlined above and are eligible for the $40/ 4GB promo plan.
  2. Activate your SIM card on a 90 day Province-Wide talk, Global text, and 6GB plan (for $120). It is important that you activate on this plan for easiness of switching you over to the promo plan.
  3. Notify the moderator that your SIM card has been activated, and provide them with (1) your account number and (2) your Public Mobile phone number. Once they know this, they will update your account so that you will receive the 90 day Province- Wide talk, Global text and 12GB plan for $120.

Then, you’ll be all set!

Thanks,                                                                                                            

Public Mobile Community team

90 REPLIES 90

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@teverets I'm not sure when you actually received the card, but it's been about 2.5 months since the promo actually ended. They had to cut it off at some point, it couldn't drag on indefinitely. Sorry you missed out but.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

teverets
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I had purchased a sim card during the deal and didn't have it in time. Haven't activated it and now just see that I missed another chance. =( Wish the sign up period was just a little longer! (Or another new offer)

hungtru

DOH!
I got my sim last year...but thought the promo was over so it has been sitting on my desk. :'(  

Didn't realize it was extended to Feb.   

Sigh.

kbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This was a great opportunity.  Thanks to all for your help, including PM's moderators.  I look forward to the next promo, hopefully soon as I may have potentially one or two more people to refer to.  Cheers!

srlawren

@al77 you're fine--tax is applied to the payment itself.  So, you if you made a $120 payment, $120 + tax was charged to your credit card, and your PM account was credited $120.  When your plan renews, it is from the PM account, and since you were already taxed, there's no tax on the actual plan charges again your account.  Hopefully that makes sense?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

al77

@Brooke_C  I  just topped up my account to $120 but i don't recall it adding tax for some reason (maybe i missed it) - I want to be sure it wont be short in funds when my 90 days expires at midnight tonight - i'm already on this promo plan- but i want to make sure there isn't any disruption of service or removal of my plan.  

al77

X-Files
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Today is the last day for the lucky birds catch this Great Deal ! Good LUCK ! ^_^

@kotraders Login to your cc now and just make sure you arent getting charged  I will tag @Shazia_K. and hopefully she can help in the morning. if you pm her with your sim and any other info you can provide it will help her be able to help you faster

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kotraders

interesting....

i tried master card with both companies but couldn't do it

I also tried Visa, same thing happen, it won't allow me, and i had to retype all the informatoin again from SIM# to credit again like 10 times trying different address format but nothing work out

i am keep getting error "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

@kotraders. what type of card are you trying?  i had issues with AMEX and a Visa debit. I couldnt get them to register for autopay so i used a MC then switched it to my AMEX

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kotraders

how do you register the credit card into the system, I am at the last couple steps but I keep getting my credit information decline....

I hard you have to matched with the statiment address with space and caps but it didn't work for me, any idea here?

Thanks

srlawren

@computergeek541 interesting theory.  In past, the SIM cards weren't sealed up and you could see the card number, meaning they could easily have recorded them against an order number while fulfilling the order.  I don't know when that changed, as I got a few more SIM cards shortly after the promo period and they were sealed unlike in the past. This would potentially make it harder for them to record the # but we don't know for sure how their inventory and fulfillment systems work so there could have been other means such as an outer wrapper or attachment that also had the # duplicated on it that is removed and keyed in at shipping time, or maybe a QR code or something?  Hard to say 100%.  

@johnlao wrote:

I believe you need the order # otherwise they can't verify the sim was purchased during the promo period.

I don't believe that Public can verify that any specifc sim card was purcahsed during the promotional preiod. The order number really only proves that the person did order a sim card during that time period, but as for the actual sim card itself, I highly doubt the sim card numbers were ever recorded before they were sent out.  They were sent out in sealed envelopes, that were likely done en masse ahead of time and were likely sent out at random when a customer placed an order. 

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:

@335Deeznutz Don't worry. Mary will take care of it when she sees your pm. To check, login to your self-serve account and see if you have 6GB or 12GB.

@335Deeznutz you can see that by singing into your self serve account (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca), and once logged in, scroll down the Overview page to the My Add-ons section, pictured here:

MyAddOns.png

If it says 12GB Data on the left then you're on the promo plan.  If it says 6GB Data, you are not yet.

@335Deeznutz Don't worry. Mary will take care of it when she sees your pm. To check, login to your self-serve account and see if you have 6GB or 12GB.

335Deeznutz

I submitted a private message to @Mary_M 5 hours ago regarding my Sim Card Order number, account number, and mobile number. No response yet. Should i be concerned? I registered my account about 7 hours ago and want to ensure that I get this plan. Is there another way to check to see if the promo has been applied? Sorry, new to this type of support.

Thanks,

@335Deeznutz

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey, 

To those who are slightly confused about the procedure, please follow the instructions provided in page 1. We would be more than happy to help 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

sledguy40

Will that promo be offered again any time soon. Missed the opprotunity to switch when the offer was out. Have been checking regularly to see if the offer returns and have not seen it since. Just waiting to switch my wife, son and myself once the offer comes out.

SusanC

@335Deeznutz - go to the first post by Brooke - if you hover over her name (or click on her name) it will bring up a box that shows she is a moderator and at the bottom will have a private message option, click on that and send them your phone number, pin and your oder number and tell them what you are looking for.  My understanding is that a private message to any moderator can be viewed by all, so the first one available will respond to you.

335Deeznutz
I just activated my sim and have the sim card order number ready. I'm trying to figure out how msg in this plateform. I'm hoping that a moderator will msg me privately so I can send them my details to get the plan updated. Ctossing my fingers!

ah

Exactly.  Keep us updated.

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good luck.

@savuadrian,

You must follow instructions indicated at page #1

savuadrian
Hi. My son purchased for me in the promotional period, a sim card. Tomorrow being the last day for the activation of that card with the plan 12G for 90 day for 120$, I need help to activate the card with that plan. Thank you. Adrian

@Ch00b  If you have an e-mail receipt, then maybe they have some way to tie it back to that sim card and that day?

I would send a private message to the moderators and ask, it's the least you can do.

johnlao

I believe you need the order # otherwise they can't verify the sim was purchased during the promo period.

Ch00b

I bought 2 sim cards from the Telus Towers on Nov 18, but wasn't able to activate 1 of the sim cards in time. I don't seem to have an order number besides an email receipt from that day. Am I still eligible for this plan?

suno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for awesome service Public Mobile!

johnlao

ok I got it now. i was on the wrong portal. now i'm just having credit card issues and every card I've entered doesn't want to work...

Need Help? Let's chat.