Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last day to redeem the $40/ 4GB promo plan: February 3

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

During the $40/ 4GB promotion we experienced some issues with Canada Post delivering SIM cards. Since many people who ordered their SIM card during the promotion were unable to activate their SIM card before the promotion ended because they didn’t receive the SIM in the mail, we chose to honour the promotion for this select group. Up until this point, we have not specified the last day that those customers need to request their SIM card to be activated on the $40/ 4GB plan. Now we are.

The last day for customers who ordered their SIM cards between October 25 and November 16, 2016 to submit a request to be activated on the $40 / 4GB plan is February 3, 2017. If you or anyone you know of purchased a SIM card during this time period and has still not activated, please be sure to do so before February 3, 2017! To learn more about the $40/ 4GB promotion, click here.  

Here’s how you can submit your request:

1. Contact one of our moderators (@Shazia_K, @Mary_M or @Saray_O) with your SIM card order confirmation number. This will help them confirm that you ordered your SIM card between the dates outlined above and are eligible for the $40/ 4GB promo plan.
  2. Activate your SIM card on a 90 day Province-Wide talk, Global text, and 6GB plan (for $120). It is important that you activate on this plan for easiness of switching you over to the promo plan.
  3. Notify the moderator that your SIM card has been activated, and provide them with (1) your account number and (2) your Public Mobile phone number. Once they know this, they will update your account so that you will receive the 90 day Province- Wide talk, Global text and 12GB plan for $120.

Then, you’ll be all set!

Thanks,                                                                                                            

Public Mobile Community team

90 REPLIES 90

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@johnlao wrote:

I'm having trouble with verifying my number in order to make the account...anyone else having this issue?

I would create a new number first and activate, then try to port after the account has been set up.

johnlao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having trouble with verifying my number in order to make the account...anyone else having this issue?

kbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sounds good...thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PT don't change your plan right now or you will forfeit the remaining 75 or so days left in your current cycle.  Go ahead and reach out to a moderator ASAP and they should be able to assist you regardless of the plan you're on now.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PT

Bought the SIM card during that Oct/Nov period and only got around to activating it on a voice only plan just 2 weeks ago because I didn't know that the $40/4G plan was still obtainable 2 weeks ago.  Is it possible to convert that over by switching over to the 6GB/90d myself then PM'ing a Mod afterwards?  

srlawren

@kbs it only takes moments to sign up for the community, and you don't need to be a customer first or anything.  EDIT: or since you are already a community member, if there's someone you know that thinks they might qualify for the promo plan but doesn't want to take the 2 mins to sign up, perhaps you could private message one of the moderators on their behalf?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kbs

Can one contact one of the moderator to confirm the order number if qualified or not without signing up with the community first?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mpirani

@srlawren is right, please try finding the order confirmation email for the SIM cards, otherwise, we really won't be able to honor the promotional rate plan. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@mpirani Jan 4 was the date that @Frosty55 ordered his or her SIM card.  @Shazia_K determined that by looking up the order in the system.

You should have received an email from customerservice@publicmobile.ca, with subject "Order XXXXXX confirmed".  The XXXXXX is your order number.

mpirani

These sim cards are from almost 4 months ago, i had 3 total, i have setup 1 already, and 2 are left, where would i have the order numbers, i threw out the papers it came in.  i have to activate today, or tomorrow, my plan expires on the 3rd with Wind Mobile.

pls update.

where did you get the date of JAN 4th?

srlawren

@kbs I would recommend you get off the fence one way or the other ASAP.  As manual moderator intervention is required to get you onto the plan, I would definitely contact them before noon eastern time on Feb 3rd, to give them time to process before their end of shift at 9PM EST.  But ideally do it right now.  I'm not sure what is keeping you from pulling the trigger?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Frosty55

Thank you for reaching out to us, 

Unfortunately, we won't be able to apply the promotional rate plan to your account as your SIM card was ordered on the 4th of January. 

Please stay tuned for any upcoming promotions. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kbs

This is awesome that PM is doing this, at least for those who luckily didn't use their SIM yet and have not signed up for other plans with PM or any other service providers.

What would be the latest time to activate by, 11:59 PM EST?

If one is currently on the fence still, should he or she get pre-authorization still by submitting the order number ASAP to one of the three moderators (Shazia_K, Mary_M, or Saray_) mentioned?

srlawren

@CaNuCk07 wrote:

I was with rogers for a very very long time, also dealt with bell and telus, and never did any of them ever message me with "hey we can save you money" here's a cheaper plan.

Each individual has to be active in the continual search for the elusive fountain of youth "better cell phone plan".

@CaNuCk07 agreed that most companies don't actively try to get you to give them less money on a regular basis!  It is interesting that PM did text customers when the plans changed last summer and let us know that we could either get more for the same amount of $, or the same options for less $, or in some cases more for less!  

@Ichong88 wrote:

I see, ok, will do.  But is that the only way to know about PM promotions?   Or will txt msgs be sent out to existing subscribers regardless of plan type?

I was with rogers for a very very long time, also dealt with bell and telus, and never did any of them ever message me with "hey we can save you money" here's a cheaper plan.

Each individual has to be active in the continual search for the elusive fountain of youth "better cell phone plan".

@Ichong88 wrote:

I see, ok, will do.  But is that the only way to know about PM promotions?   Or will txt msgs be sent out to existing subscribers regardless of plan type?

Many, including myself, would consider such text messages to be spam.  Unless customers have specifically opted in to receiving marketing mesages, Public can't just send text messages to existing customers advertising such a promotion.  Because people have different preferences on this, that's the reasons companies often offer customers the choice on receiving direct marketing.  Honestly, I believe most customers of companies would consider direct marketing via calls, texts, and e-mails to be a slight annoyance.

srlawren

@Ichong88 it's hard to say for sure how PM will handle things in the future, but based on the past, I would say they will likely continue to reach out to existing customers when they overhaul their regular plan offerings and a new one may suit the customer better, and they will likely not reach out to existing customers for limited-time promotional plans.  Although the promo plan was definitely available to existing customers and there were no restrictions (other than getting on to the plan during the promo period of course), promotional plans are generally targetted at attracting new customers.  So they put the word out through other marketing channels and RFD and social media etc to try to bring in new customers.  Based on the activity in the community during the time, it definitely worked.  

Ichong88

Sorry, just saw your 2nd msg.   Will also check redflag deals....but if you come across a great plan like this in the future, feel free to send me a private msg!  

Thx and regards,

Ian

Ichong88

SusanC

@Ichong88 - my understanding is that no one got texts or emails about the Fall 2016 Promo Plan.  I heard about it on Red Flag deals and other existing PM customers found out about it on this forum.

srlawren

@Ichong88 the previous one you are referring to wasn't actually a time-limited promotional plan--PM actually overhauled their normal plan offerings and were letting you know there was a newer one you may want to switch to. The Fall 2016 Promo Plan was a bit different in that it was time-limited.  

EDIT: that said, please try to check back here regularly in case another awesome plan is offered up in the future!

srlawren

@Cake did you place an order during the period of Oct 25 - Nov 20, 2016?  

Ichong88

That really is a shame.  The last promo that was offered, I recieved a PM text msg indicating an upgrade of data from 4MB to 6MB (my current plan) for the 3mth period.  But for this promo up to 12MB, I didn't receive any txt msg indicating any promotion.  Please ensure that ALL loyal Public Mobile subscribers are informed of future promotions.

Thanks.

Ian

Cake

What if I didn't received anything like SIM card number and email?

srlawren

@Ichong88 unfortunately, no.  The Fall 2016 Promo Plan is no longer offered after Nov 20th, 2016.  Please keep checking back for any future promotional plans though!  

Ichong88

I was just told about this promo by a friend, as I was travelling for work during PM's promotional period.  I am an existing subscriber on the 90 day Province-Wide talk, Global text, and 6 GB plan (2GB/mth) for $120, which i auto-pay.   Would it be possible to still apply for this 12GB (4GB) plan for $120??  Thx, a loyal PM user Smiley Happy

srlawren

@Frosty55 please see the first posting in this thread for details on how to request the plan.

Frosty55

I would like to get this plan please

My sim cards were order # 102697

srlawren

@firstdataplan it isn't.  This is for folks that ordered their SIM cards between Oct 25 and Nov 20th last year and were delayed in receiving them.  You have missed out, unfortunately. But stay tuned, I'm sure there will be more promo plans eventually....

firstdataplan

I think I made a mistake... you have to place the order for the SIM during last promotion.

Need Help? Let's chat.