Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Select customers unable to send texts

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

4:00 PM ET - May 14 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has successfully implemented a solution for customers who were affected by the issue outlined below.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

11:00 AM ET - May 14, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers on the $15 100 minute Talk + Unlimited incoming minutes plan, in which customers are unable to send texts. Data services and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Our technical team is currently working on a solution, and will have an update later today. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

119 REPLIES 119

@Lieux @pakuma 

I know you are well intentioned but I can guarantee you that there is NOTHING you can do to fix this problem. I have 9 plans, multiple phones, including iPhone, LG, Alcatel... ALL behave the same way. One phone does not even have a place to define PM texting # for SMS or service centre ... but it used to work with PM and does work will all other carriers but stopped working with PM ONLY (to send; still can receive)... Tracing the logs it stopped working at least around March, maybe even sooner.

Texting is ONLY a problem via PM and NO ONE else. I have plans with PM, Telus & Virgin. Problem is isolated to communication with PM. Period.

This is a problem that ONLY PM needs to address and fix!

You really are wasting your time with false hope and expectation. Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

pakuma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i don't have access to another phone, and yes, it shows messages in my usage

Hi @pakuma 

Do you by any chance have access to a different phone to try your sim there?

Also if you go into your account and check usage does it list your messages?

pakuma

OMG to be honest this option of "Send & Receive" just came up now, anyways, it's for iMessage, and i can't select my number for some reason

5AB7CF4D-4B08-452D-8222-23A57CFD2AB7.png

BD692CF0-6530-44F5-8423-F3D0729B3436.png

pakuma

Thank you, pls do let me know when/if you figure it out. Thanks

pakuma

"something else I thought...if you go in your settings and Messages and in Send and receive do you have your phone number in START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM? And phone number and email in YOU CAN RECEIVE IMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROM?" I can't see such settings on my phone, my phone is an iPhone, I'm currently using my laptop to chat, if not i would have sent a screenshot of my settings page on my phone

@pakuma something else I thought...if you go in your settings and Messages and in Send and receive do you have your phone number in START NEW CONVERSATIONS FROM? And your phone number and your email in YOU CAN RECEIVE IMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROM?

@pakuma wrote:

"the SMSC number for Public Mobile is 16475800172. Make sure you input that number into your message center option on your phone." Pls how do i do this on iPhone, how can i get there. Thanks

It's what I try to figure...but I can't find the way....

pakuma

"the SMSC number for Public Mobile is 16475800172. Make sure you input that number into your message center option on your phone." Pls how do i do this on iPhone, how can i get there. Thanks

@pakuma wrote:

just did that now, took away the +1, and also disabled iMessage, texts aren't still going through

It's probably something with the SMSC settings in your phone....the SMSC number for Public Mobile is 16475800172. Make sure you input that number into your message center option on your phone. 

pakuma

ok, I will send a private message, but pls what do i do with the number you suggested?

@pakuma wrote:

oh thank you. i will text them, but how am i sure the text will actually go through, seeing as the problem i am having is actually not being able to text.

It's not for a text but an email message with the moderator always a private message.Smiley Happy

pakuma

oh thank you. i will text them, but how am i sure the text will actually go through, seeing as the problem i am having is actually not being able to text.

pakuma

just did that now, took away the +1, and also disabled iMessage, texts aren't still going through

pakuma

I will try this now. Also I whenever i send messages to andriod, iMessages don't apply, but I'm going to try these 2 options right now.

@pakuma wrote:

so pls what exactly do i do, or how do i go about it, pls can you give me steps to follow. thanks

Did you try to disable IMessage in your phone settings? And to re-enter the number you want to text manually?

@pakuma you can already write a message to the moderator in case they can help you..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain with details what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

pakuma

so pls what exactly do i do, or how do i go about it, pls can you give me steps to follow. thanks

pakuma

Not really, from what i remember and know, when using iMessage, it writes deliverd, if you kinda swipe the text to the left, it shows time sent, same for andriod. Maybe it suppose to be differernt, but i feel this has probably gone on for a very long time without me actually knowing just how long.

@pakuma wrote:

Pls are you suggesting i call this number for help?

No sorry to be not clear...you can't call public mobile. No call center. But it's a setting in the phone ...someone on the forum who wasn't able to text like you fixed his problem with this number in his phone settings...

pakuma

Pls are you suggesting i call this number for help?

@pakuma wrote:

Pls what do you mean check the numbers, my contacts are saved with the full code, that is, +1 306 123 4567. I have an iPhone, but iPhone mostly uses iMessage when texting fellow iPhone numbers and it uses data, usually texts are in blue, so no problem there, but regular texts, to like andriod users or actually sending a message as a "Text' message even with iPhone doesn't work. A lot of people have felt i ignored them and this has also made me feel the same way. 

I tried to give you some tests to do Smiley Happy...can you try to text without the 1 before the number? Can you disable imessage to see if you can text SMS after?

pakuma

when using iMessage, it says delivered, when sending a regular text, or iPhone to andriod, it doesn't say such normally

@pakuma what I found on the community is something...

+16475800172

It's under the heading "Service center number".

Can you see if it looks like that in your phone?

pakuma

Pls what do you mean check the numbers, my contacts are saved with the full code, that is, +1 306 123 4567. I have an iPhone, but iPhone mostly uses iMessage when texting fellow iPhone numbers and it uses data, usually texts are in blue, so no problem there, but regular texts, to like andriod users or actually sending a message as a "Text' message even with iPhone doesn't work. A lot of people have felt i ignored them and this has also made me feel the same way. 

@pakuma wrote:

I could text before, but i can't really say when this started until i was talking to someone who said he never got a reply from me, even doh i did, and till now, if i text people, it doesn't go through, but i can receive their texts

What does it say when you click on the message detail, does it say when it was delivered?

@pakuma wrote:

I could text before, but i can't really say when this started until i was talking to someone who said he never got a reply from me, even doh i did, and till now, if i text people, it doesn't go through, but i can receive their texts

Did you check the numbers? Did you re-enter them manually to try not with your contacts? Do you have an iphone?

pakuma

@pakuma wrote:

Hi this issue hasn't been resolved for me, I'm on a $35 30 day plan with 1gb data and unlimited nation wide call and unlimited international text and so far I can't even text numbers within my city, Regina Saskatchewan, Pls how do I resolve this. Thanks

Is it new for you? Can you text before? 

Need Help? Let's chat.