Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing "Customer Support Agent"

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We have some exciting news to share with you all! 🎉

As some of you may know, the Public Mobile team has been working hard to rebrand our Moderator Team. We want to thank you for your feedback, in the Moderator Term Change Survey - the results are in…

Starting August 5, 2021, Customer Support Agent (CSA) will replace the title “Moderator” across the Public Mobile. To private message an agent, search for CS_Agent in the ‘Send to’ box. For more information on how to contact an agent, click here. 

Please note the re-branding of our moderator team > Customer Support Agent is limited to only the title, all roles and responsibilities will remain the same.

Our goal was to transform their title into one that compliments all the support they provide to our customers day in and day out. Our agents are your direct line of contact when you submit a ticket. Hopefully, with this title change, we’ll also reduce some of the confusion around how support works at Public. 

We appreciate all your feedback and support on this meaningful initiative. Our team looks forward to the continued support of our beloved Community. Stay tuned for more to come! 🙂 

Thank you.

- Public Mobile Team 

135 REPLIES 135

Jamietries
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help

my phone sim is locked

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Well this is new well to me at least. Good to see this change it will make it a little less confusing for new customers.

halendeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a great news! Customer Support Agent (CSA)  sounds more approachable than Moderator!

@chainsawcowboy wrote:

Anyone else get some crypto-currency spam in their message box? Anyhow I noticed they are still called moderators when you report the spam. I guess they forgot about that section.

Spam from Community inbox?  yes, I got them too.  nothing much to do. This is an open forum, they can register and send the spam.  PM will suspend those accounts after we reported them.. but those spammers going to logon only once, send the message and they will never come back.. and when they come back , they create more new accounts..

Cats and mice.. 

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone else get some crypto-currency spam in their message box? Anyhow I noticed they are still called moderators when you report the spam. I guess they forgot about that section.

@mitchnet12   Yes, I think it's good to file the complaints with your service related issue.    Let us know how it turns out. 

mitchnet12

I have been considering CCTS for the service issue in my area. I had received a text message about it just the other day. A sudden rise in dropped calls is widespread issue affecting many customers across many banners in my area. We're in a flat rural area with few trees, with excellent coverage. There is one tower in a central location to help with weaker coverage.

A technician followed up after my prior post with a call and text message. I'm not sure if they were a field technician. When I mentioned that there could be a tower issue, and shared a pinned map, they suggested sharing the details with CSA, which had already been done.

@barndoor 

Depending on the issue but for the most part a customer can private  message Jade_ to ask for a resolution and/or escalate the issue. Ultimately if her intervention or direction to the customer support team is not satisfactory there is anbescalatkons department with pm that seeks resolutions to avoid the need to contact the CCTS. It's a pretty effective department if the unhappy customer knows how to properly escalate their issue thru the pm service model.

The vast majority of CCTS destination complaints are settled by pm as well as the ones that go thru the BBB. These along with the ones redirected by the CCTS back to 9pm only arrive on their books because the unhappy customer usually has not grasped the concept of an online only support model and cannot function with a mobile provider they can't call for customer support.

Edit: 

I have read many of them and despite having no obligation to issue refunds pm almost always will if the customer has not used the services provided.....purely on good will and karma!

The polar opposite of Robbers/bad dog/non-stop talk mobile provider family....

barndoor

Just  curious, does  PM have an ombudsman that can be contacted  if an issue seems to not be dealt with in a timely fashion ?  Or is the CCTS the only other option ? 

@mitchnet12 wrote:

Now that the name has been updated, I would suggest that the policy of the time frame for open (and unresolved) cases be reviewed. I have had an ongoing service issue for over a week, along with customers with other carriers, and the only follow up that I am getting is to respond every day to keep the ticket open, or it will be closed within 24 hours. This policy appears to be a hindrance to agents who genuinely wish to follow up, and see that the problem is addressed.

Yes, there are several policies about open tickets that seriously need review. To add to the above, the verification process, where if a ticket is open more than 5 days or you are following up a previous issue where there is a ticket # assigned, you have to be re-verified...

and the time it takes to get verified takes too long... first, the time to receive the verification request, then the time for a CSA to follow up after initial verification.... can literally add days if timing is off...

The energy spent on what to call the agents comes across as misguided and misplaced priorities.

mitchnet12

Now that the name has been updated, I would suggest that the policy of the time frame for open (and unresolved) cases be reviewed. I have had an ongoing service issue for over a week, along with customers with other carriers, and the only follow up that I am getting is to respond every day to keep the ticket open, or it will be closed within 24 hours. This policy appears to be a hindrance to agents who genuinely wish to follow up, and see that the problem is addressed.

SparkleHeart82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I really like the new name change! Rock on 🤘 PM!!!!!!

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a interesting development, as Public used to always refer to Moderators, but as CSA It makes it more customer service oriented.

fdrcamb519

Looking forward to it 

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

How were people able to fake the moderator title before ? No one is able to pick their titles (town hero, etc) so how would that work? 🤔

@Pawprints1986, the would have names like PM_Moderator or PM_Mod that sort of username

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Pawprints1986

How were people able to fake the moderator title before ? No one is able to pick their titles (town hero, etc) so how would that work? 🤔

fujiyama

Nice to see this change officially, thanks!

...off topic, but this just reminded me that I used to hear this a lot 🤣 ...

"CSA to customer service, CSA to customer service"

pkaraa

Bravo to all  Customer support agents.

This change was long awaited and we welcome that.

@pm-smayer97 

Lol....try and explain that to the movers and splitters around here!😉

@chainsawcowboy   it's all in jest and taken in stride... no worries.

chainsawcowboy

Hahahaha!  CRAPeople on the phone making you wait for hours on the phone!

Thank you @LEGO for sending me note of my error or my dang keyboard's error. How do you get a normal one that doesn't  half change the typing on you?

Sorry folks I meant CSA no disrespect intended.

barndoor

@BlueB wrote:

@softech 

I don't get it... what's the difference?  Both have many system glitches, mysterious processes and procedures, limited "human" support, and take money from us on a regular basis. 😅

If the CSA's here start doing audits ...I'm out !! 😀

.. but I always got mysterious calls from "CRA" saying  owe them money.. ignoring the calls will have serious consequences .. 🤣

our CSA here is more understanding.. LoL.

BlueB

@softech 

I don't get it... what's the difference?  Both have many system glitches, mysterious processes and procedures, limited "human" support, and take money from us on a regular basis.  In fact, the CRA has provided much $$$ to people over COVID... they seem like the good guys too! 😅

@barndoor   they are not CRA.. not the bad guys.. they are CSA.. Customer Support Agent.. LoL

barndoor

@chainsawcowboy wrote:

CRA is a much better title for Public Mobile employees. 

Now now .. . I thought the  Public mobile employees were  nice people ... and you call them CRA  ?? 😲 😲

😀

chainsawcowboy

I never liked those presidential debate moderators. CRA is a much better title for Public Mobile employees. This is a change I can get on board with.

jor123

Makes sense, moderator could be confusing/imply that person is an unofficial community member 

carlaspapa

Well that makes more sense I never understood the moderator term but of course CSA sounds like a super agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.