cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

[ISSUE RESOLVED] Intermittent Impact to Data Usage

Update as of March 8th at 1:20am: 

A technical glitch that occured at around 7PM EST on March 7, 2020 caused intermittent impacts to some customers’ data usage. A temporary fix was put in place which reduced the scope of the impact, however it was not fully resolved until 1:05AM EST. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: [ISSUE RESOLVED] Intermittent Impact to Data Usage

Thanks @Tiana_V  and the rest of the team in getting the data network back online, especially on a Saturday night. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

ths.gif

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the update @Tiana_V . Have a good evening!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V  Thanks for the update on the data outage issue and on a weekend to boot. We appreciate the dedication to public mobiles customers and making sure their services are working.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V wrote:

Update as of March 8th at 1:20am: 

A technical glitch that occured at around 7PM EST on March 7, 2020 caused intermittent impacts to some customers’ data usage. A temporary fix was put in place which reduced the scope of the impact, however it was not fully resolved until 1:05AM EST. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks for providing an update.

However, while data works again, MMS (pictures) are still coming back with "Message not sent: service not activated on network"

(Zero  changes on OS or texting app since the last successful MMS sent and received earlier this afternoon PST, I restarted my phone twice, renewal night will not be until Tuesday...)

Highlighted
Oracle

First time i am seeing an announcement this late. Thank you so much @Tiana_V for letting us know at this time. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Public Mobile

@wetcoaster Thanks for letting us know. MMS should be fixed now too, sorry for the trouble!

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

For me at least, data is working again, but I'm noticing that speeds aren't as good as they usually are.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Back again and working in Ottawa since 5 am EST

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

So this IS referring to reports of inability to use data? The title gave me the impression it was a glitch having to do with data USAGE, IE: significant amounts of data being consumed / disappearing somehow which seems to be a common topic if discussion though I suspect almost always is customer or phone related, not PM related.

AE_Collector