Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ISSUE RESOLVED] Intermittent Impact to Data Usage

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of March 8th at 1:20am: 

A technical glitch that occured at around 7PM EST on March 7, 2020 caused intermittent impacts to some customers’ data usage. A temporary fix was put in place which reduced the scope of the impact, however it was not fully resolved until 1:05AM EST. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

28 REPLIES 28

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It happened to my secondary line of Koodo as well. Not sure it's related or not.

Thanks for the update 

@CalvinW  wrote:

Now resolve the loyalty reward issue please. After talking to 5 different moderators and 1 month later, nothing was done.

@CalvinW   You probably will need to keep messaging the moderators (you shouldn't have to more than once or twice, I would agree).  But I had a similar issue and the moderator manually applied the missing loyalty reward and after that it was applied automatically. 

It could be that some messages to moderators have been missed and it also seems like there's a few glitches in the system again, and moderators are getting a little back logged.

CalvinW

Now resolve the loyalty reward issue please. After talking to 5 different moderators and 1 month later, nothing was done. 

uptowninvantown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My teenage son and I are both Public Mobile users and we rely on the service to communicate. Last Thursday night (March 5th) when I was grocery shopping my son tried to call me and repeatedly receive a not registered on the network error message. He was quite distressed about this and was worried about me. When I arrived home he frustratingly said, "We should just cancel my data, it rarely seems to work!" 

I am relieved to hear that some work is being done and investigations happening as to why this is occurring. I'd prefer to stay with Public Mobile but if this continues we'll have to consider another provider. 

Cafb

Mine still isn't working. I haven't had data since the 7th March. I've tried restarting and everything. 

It's gettinf really frustrating because I'm travelling and I cannot rely on wifi!! Please help! 

Jacob9450

It's there a tech glitch happening as of now again?

haoke2013
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you a lot! I was thinking to switch to another mobile server until I learned the cause of the incident.

deonxx76

did all possible solution on my side 😞

deonxx76

yes.... its taking so long for my data to work... already submitted a ticket. im on a $40 plan with 5gb data... its frustrating and it could be my PM account that has its problem.. hoping to resolve this with a moderator

@deonxx76  Have you rebooted your phone?

deonxx76

From Windsor, Ontario... Still no data.... I did no changes on my APN settings.... Im on a $40 plan. Thank u

himu71

Thanks for the update

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello haoke2013!

Please check the following link for more information: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/ISSUE-RESOLVED-Intermittent-Impact-to-D....

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you are still experience issues you can submit a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> Chat with SIMon.

The Public Mobile Team

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the update.  I was wondering why my phone was intermittent that night.  I thought maybe it was due to the time change rollover. Glad things are working now.

XionBunny

That explains why I had data issues, great to see its fixed.

@haoke2013 Yes, there was an outage which is now resolved. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/ISSUE-RESOLVED-Intermittent-Impact-to-D...

haoke2013

yesterday (March 7, 2020), my account had no internet. A system-wide issue?

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Tried using data around 9:45pm last night.  Found it strange that it was not working.  Thank you for letting us know there was an issue.  Keeping everyone informed of outages is important.

Winning247

Oh I thought it was an issue with my phone after it suddenly stopped working last night. Glad it's fixed

So this IS referring to reports of inability to use data? The title gave me the impression it was a glitch having to do with data USAGE, IE: significant amounts of data being consumed / disappearing somehow which seems to be a common topic if discussion though I suspect almost always is customer or phone related, not PM related.

AE_Collector

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Back again and working in Ottawa since 5 am EST

For me at least, data is working again, but I'm noticing that speeds aren't as good as they usually are.

Sarah_D

@wetcoaster Thanks for letting us know. MMS should be fixed now too, sorry for the trouble!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

First time i am seeing an announcement this late. Thank you so much @Tiana_V for letting us know at this time. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V wrote:

Update as of March 8th at 1:20am: 

A technical glitch that occured at around 7PM EST on March 7, 2020 caused intermittent impacts to some customers’ data usage. A temporary fix was put in place which reduced the scope of the impact, however it was not fully resolved until 1:05AM EST. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks for providing an update.

However, while data works again, MMS (pictures) are still coming back with "Message not sent: service not activated on network"

(Zero  changes on OS or texting app since the last successful MMS sent and received earlier this afternoon PST, I restarted my phone twice, renewal night will not be until Tuesday...)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V  Thanks for the update on the data outage issue and on a weekend to boot. We appreciate the dedication to public mobiles customers and making sure their services are working.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the update @Tiana_V . Have a good evening!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @Tiana_V  and the rest of the team in getting the data network back online, especially on a Saturday night. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

ths.gif

Need Help? Let's chat.