Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get to know the Public Mobile Team!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

At Public Mobile, we have an amazing team working behind-the-scenes with a mobility experience that you control, but we’re missing something...you! We want to learn from our amazing community, connect and share updates, so we’re here to say hi and introduce ourselves..

Over the next little while, you’ll begin to see Public Mobile team members show up around our Community. They’re here to get familiar with our platform, and to learn what’s meaningful to you as a Public Mobile customer and help us shape the future of our products and services. .

Our mighty team of Oracles, along with our brilliant Community experts will continue to be the Community's best line of support. 

While we’re very excited to be more present, we ask that you please be patient with us. As our team is busy working on all the things Public Mobile, please note, we won’t be able to reply to everything or provide support. We’ll leave that to our knowledgeable Community experts.. 

Any issues that require our attention are shared with the broader PM team through our Oracles and Community Manager. J_PM , our Community Manager, that rest assured isn’t going anywhere!  As we work hard to make our Community platform even better, we’re excited to welcome more team members to our Community. 

Please help me in welcoming Public Mobile’s content expert, @Ck_PM (Chayanne)!  

J_PM_0-1680206322445.png

Fun Facts about Chayanne  

Your role on the Public Team 

"Digital CX Writer"

Personality/Hobby/Interest 

"I enjoy watching movies and playing with my pugs"

One thing you love about Community

"How engaging and supportive everyone is"

- Public Mobile Team 

65 REPLIES 65

Ktavares
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello ! 

HI @donk444 

what problem do you have?

and posting here won't her, please submit your ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

donk444
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I appreciate congratulating new employees. But I had an ongoing conversation with Michelle, Luis , and someone else to solve a real problem - but no one follows up with me.

Would someone please read my previous messages like Michelle did (good job on that)- but get back to me. This simple issue has gone on for over 3 weeks now. Do I need to call up the Telus corp. or the CRTC to wake up the customer service department ?  Please respond , this is not appropriate customer service- even if it's only by this chat format. - Don Keath , 250-551-4931 .

DGC

I have activated my old phone number on one of my older phones. I need to get this phone number ported out to PC Mobile so that it can be connected to my primary phone 

@Davidcoulthard- So you tried passwords, did you use the forgot password link? The forgot email asks for your phone number and sends something to the registered email address. I think you got that? Then use the forgot password to reset the password that asks for that registered email and choose the email option.

Davidcoulthard

Your system will not allow me to log in.  Since you gave me the email I wasn’t really expecting I’m not sure of the password. I have tried a couple of passwords that I was using when I was using that email. I almost never use it now. Your system has put me on a wait for 3 hours. And I’m willing to activate at $15 plan to get my old phone number but this is ridiculous 

@Davidcoulthard wrote:

The old service is now disconnected as I waited 1 day too long. Now that is 2 days ago. I don’t want to reactivate on Public Mobile just to then port my number to my new carrier. Obviously there is no money owed to Public Mobile as it is a prepaid service so there is no financial reason to not release my number. 

You'll need to decide if you wish to keep the number.  For that to happen, the Public Mobile servcie needs to be active, and unforutnately, you'll need to pay for a 30-day plan.  Sory, but only active phone numbers can be ported to a different carrier.

Davidcoulthard

The old service is now disconnected as I waited 1 day too long. Now that is 2 days ago. I don’t want to reactivate on Public Mobile just to then port my number to my new carrier. Obviously there is no money owed to Public Mobile as it is a prepaid service so there is no financial reason to not release my number. 

Davidcoulthard

I have the account number and I am porting out to PC Mobile which uses Bell network 

Nevilles

I agree. It’s a great offering, hope to be here for a long time 

@Davidcoulthard- So you're looking for your account number. Do you still have the welcome email from here from when you signed up. The account number might be embedded in the to area. Or have you ever downloaded a receipt/payment history from the site? The account number is on there.
For porting out, support is to be provided by the new provider. The old provider only needs to be active and leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer.
If this service is not active then there are other ways to restart it. Unless you're porting out to Telus or Koodo.

Davidcoulthard

The problem is that I am trying to transfer my number to my new carrier and there is no easy way to do this. Add to this there is no human to correct the situation. The system wants to send a text message to a number that currently is not in service. 

@Davidcoulthard- What's the problem? Maybe we can help.

Davidcoulthard

When are you hiring competent programming staff? Your app is pathetic! It constantly goes in circles and does not answer the question asked! It suggests that the customer needs to talk to a Customer Support Agent but loops back to virtual assistant that is incapable of answering the question. This is programming done by an incompetent person!

Ehnfncndj

Hi,

I can’t be patient while ‘Mayors’ provide selective responses which seem to blame others for where Public can’t perform as well as other Companies.

is that a limitation, or a business decision?

Isaac2011

I should have 50gb of data it's telling me I have none left

@Newfie1- Edit or add the APN using these values. Many fields are not necessary.

Name: whatever you want
APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
APN type: default,mms,dun
APN enable/disable: APN enabled - probably on anyway and greyed out
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Newfie1

Yeah turned on data. It's a bisonx10g

@Newfie1- Sounds like APN. What make and model is it? I'm sure you turned on cell data of course.

Newfie1

Bought a new phone and put my sim card in but my data didn't work my talk and texted worked but data didn't not sure what's wrong

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile won me back after 3 years of being with Virgin Mobile. I couldn’t pass up the 39$ for 30gigs per month. that is 16$ less for the same plan per month. plus 4g unlike the annoying 3g from before.  

@amachaj wrote:

I want to pay for service with a new card and I do not know how 😔

@amachaj , do you mean you want to pay for your phone service on your “My Account “ using a new payment card?
If so, To update your payment card details, sign in to your “My Account” using the email address & password that you signed up with. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payments’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage Payment Method ’. Select ‘Update Payment Method’ and make the necessary updates. Select ‘Save Payment Information’ to confirm the changes.

Edit: To add I find signing in works better when using a browser in private / incognito mode.

Edit again: As per the responses to your post that you created on January 3, 2023 “pre-authorized credit card”  🙂

HI @amachaj 

new activation? or just new sim card on existsing accounts?

new activation: get a new sim card and activate

existing:  get a new sim card, login to My Account, go to Profile page and change Sim card there

amachaj

I want to pay for service with a new card and I do not know how 😔

barndoor

@popping wrote:

The CS_Agents are PM employees.  

Are they ? Or are they AI ?  I think that is the only way  that this setup would be more cost effective than a well managed call center .  It would certainly explain a lot about  the interactions I have had with  the CSA's here.

I would guess that is also why the "contributing members of this community" are so important to the system .

just curious why they changed the buttons .... didn't it always used to be "reply" to bring up the reply box  and "post" to post that reply on the board ?   

@Patchio- Please don't apologize for thread crapping when it's within a few minutes. It's the later ones that are thread crapping. We all understand that replies can be near the same time as another reply. Then we have a ruthless oracle 🙂 who removes those thread crapping posts.

@barndoor- Peeps from that OP are few and far between.

barndoor

Thanks for the link .

Patchio

@barndoor 

If you want to Private Message the CS_Agent account, use the link below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

With this method, you will need to check your private message inbox (i.e., see the envelope icon at the upper right corner of the Community website).

Be prepared to verify and confirm ownership of the account by answering multiple questions, such as:

• Your first and last name
  • Public Mobile Phone Number 
  • Pin number 

Edit: I didn't see softech's reply before I posted my response. I wasn't trying to thread crap and repeat what was already mentioned. Please don't flame me.

Need Help? Let's chat.