cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a one-time 1 GB data bonus by telling us about your experience using Self-Serve!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of March 9th at 10:00AM ET: This survey is now closed. Selected customers will be reach out to through private message soon.

Hey Community,

As we kick off work on new & refreshed digital portals, we want to make sure that we’re building for you. Not only does it need to check off all our boxes, but most importantly, they need to check off yours.

To help us reach that goal, we’re looking to have engaging and in-depth conversations with 10 Public Mobile customers about their experience using the Self-Serve portal. We want to learn about how you like using Self-Serve, including the good, the bad, the ugly, and everything else in between. We’ll be giving a 1 GB data bonus to participants to make sure it’s worth your while.

If this sounds interesting to you, sign up before March 9th, 2020 by completing THIS LINK. Note that chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging - so keep an eye on that inbox! 

For the full details, see below:

What’s in it for you:

• Customers who participate will receive a one-time 1 GB Data Add-On within 30 days of completion. 
  • Opportunity to work directly with the Public Mobile team and help determine the path of our new Self-Serve portal

Details on how to get involved:

• We are looking for 10 Public Mobile customers to talk to us about your experience with the Self-Serve portal.
  • Testing will be held the week of March 16 to 20 and the time commitment is 1 hour.
  • Testing will be done online via join.me web conferencing meaning anyone across Canada can get involved. Sweet right?
  • Testers will need to access join.me via Desktop Computer.
  • Testers must be able to speak English.
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • We will contact the selected 10 testers via Private Message.

We’re sorry we can’t connect with everyone who’s expressed interest - if you aren’t selected, there will be more opportunities to get involved in sharing feedback as we share more about our portal enhancement work and post-launch. 

Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you soon,

- The Public Mobile Community Team

53 REPLIES 53

edalgaard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is great news - I use self-serve CONSTANTLY to measure my data usage and make sure I'm on track - it would be great if I could do that graphing directly on the self-serve site instead of extracting data every day and plotting it on my own! And I'd love to be able to see more data use history, and if add-ons didn't just vanish as if they had never existed, once they are used up! I have a lot of opinions... 🙂

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Korth wrote:

I warn you that if I am chosen then I will be *fair* ... not kind, not unkind, just blunt and critical ... I use Self-Serve enough that I very much want to see it become better. More interested in grabbing PM's attention than in the data prize, lol, lemme do feedback and give that data to someone else who will actually use it.

@Lar @Korth @Horsechild07 Loving the enthusiasm and thank you for volunteering! And awesome to hear - we're all about that brutal honesty as well haha Smiley LOL

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It'll be great to see improvements to self-serve! Smiley Happy

WTKnott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This might be interesting but I am currently on business day 11 waiting for my SIM cards that I paid for; so much for the 7 day maximum delivery time. Can't phone Public Mobile, to resolve this; no number provided. Can't email them; no emai address provided. I've been told that there are supposed to be moderators for them, but I can't find a link to that either. So far I'm having an awesome experience with PM.

Horsechild07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was easy peezy lemon squeeze to register service fast and convenient Not a problem at all. Way to go I like it. Good form.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I warn you that if I am chosen then I will be *fair* ... not kind, not unkind, just blunt and critical ... I use Self-Serve enough that I very much want to see it become better. More interested in grabbing PM's attention than in the data prize, lol, lemme do feedback and give that data to someone else who will actually use it.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Asking customers what they like and don't like is a great idea from PM.  It really shows they don't just want to take our money and sit still unlike some other mobile providers or even worse keep increasing prices like Bell who I moved from.  Kudos PM

kuri

I hope the participants you choose actually use self-service often (or at least recently), so they can provide more valuable feedback to PM.

I haven't really used self-service since I signed up with PM originally a couple years back, so I don't think I'll be a good candidate. Smiley LOL  I'll sit myself out of this one.

pkaraa

Sounds good. I m in.

@totalUser wrote:

It would be really good start of the error messages didn't give outdated counteract info to reach non existent customer service but would refer either to community or moderators instead. I've seen that more than once.

Sorry, but I've also seen that word used in the same context more than once as well, and it's completely off-base..... the word you're looking for is, "contact".

Definition of counteract  vs. Definition of contact 

@totalUser wrote:

@Tiana_V is it desktop only or can we use laptop for the session?

Thanks

You can use any device that is compatible with the join.me software and site. I can tell you that the desktop (or laptop) versions of Firefox and Chrome on a PC work fine, but Internet Explorer and Edge (pre "Chromium") do not.  In theory, you should also be able to run this on a Mac, or even on a cell phone browser, althogh I have no tried.  Your computer system will need to have a microphone.

It would be really good start of the error messages didn't give outdated counteract info to reach non existent customer service but would refer either to community or moderators instead. I've seen that more than once.

I know many want great changes, i don't really, if it's not broken don't fix it. I think pm should just focus on fixing broken bits that came about through changes. I'm pretty happy with selfserve, it does the job. 

I also notice that many wish to have more flexibility and be able to change things themselves, but say pin or birtday should not be available or even visible just in case somebody makes it in.

One thing I'd like to have is masked security questions and make it a bit harder to change them.

Now real treat would be to be able to set forwarding out of selfserve. 

@Tiana_V is it desktop only or can we use laptop for the session?

Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai 

I agree. 

PM should get a better error messages so that new subscribers will know what to do.  For an example, on a failed number port, the error message should tell subscriber exactly what need to do.  A step-by-step procedure is need to help subscriber to get through the problem without coming to this forum to rant their frustration.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Fire away folks! Who else collects feedbacks the way PM does just so they can improve the service the way we want. Plus, you get something as a bonus in return. It's a win-win. So give lots of feedbacks as i know there are a lot of issues and missing features since Self-serve hasn't been improved for years. 

CalvinW

Fix the loyalty reward!!! I talked to 3 different moderators already and they all started tickets for me but the issue still isn't resolved yet. My loyalty reward was supposed to be $3 but it was stuck at $2. After contacting the second moderator, it's showing $0 right now. It's been an ongoing issue for a month already.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Count me in.

Starshoot

Looks like a great program!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I will put my name in the big hat.  

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks and will surely sign-up.

Interesting.jpg

@Jb456 wrote:

Self serve fine with me, easy to navigate, could be a tad faster during peak hours...

I'm startin' to think that maybe some online survey, where any/all PM customers can weigh in on the things that they like, dislike, think need fixing, or improving, would be a better idea.

That, and yeah, self serve is ok, IF you do your research BEFORE signing up here(read: knowing to NOT use the apt. field when inputting info), and yes, I agree about the speed, which reeks of too few servers, or too old/slow servers, and/or not enough dedicated bandwitdth.

Agree with @CannonFodder  who knows what the crystal ball holds. It surely does not hold a 1gig farewell Dave bonus 😂

Self serve fine with me, easy to navigate, could be a tad faster during peak hours...

Best of luck with the survey!

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Cool idea, and started filling it out, RIGHT up until I got to the page where you have to select a veritable BOATLOAD of potential time slots of availability, 2 weeks in advance...... not sure too many people can peer into their crystal balls and honestly have THAT much idea of exactly what their availability will be like. Good luck with the survey!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V  Wow, what a great idea to get info and engage with your customers! Keep it up PM!Smiley Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.