cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming not allowing texts or calls - here's a solution to try

LovesDogs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This isn't a question, but just thought I'd share my problem and solution. 

I contacted PM via private message because my US roaming add-on had 4 days/15 left, but suddenly I couldn't send texts or make calls. I could do both yesterday and I haven't changed locations. The error message was from Public Mobile telling me I needed to purchase the add on in selfserve, but I already had the add on...

The solution was to first try resetting the network (under Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset Network), but that didn't work right away. The next step was to turn off the phone, take out the SIM card, wait 5 minutes, then reinsert the card and turn on the phone. This actually worked and I am able to text again (I haven't tried the phone yet). Hopefully this helps someone else out there facing the same issue.

4 REPLIES 4

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@LovesDogs 

I believe this issue stems from the old 10 day roaming add-ons conflicting with the new 15 day add-on. that's awesome you've found a work around! I've heard of other customers with the same experience as you and losing service after 10 days have passed

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

My name is Leonardo and it will be my pleasure to help you today.

If you allow me to remind you, when you were told by an agent that 

it was some work on the network, that you are connected to the US network

not the Canadian one. We must thank you for bringing these error in our 

attention, we try our best to provide you with excellent services, but we are

not notified when T-Mobile is having trouble, that's why we appreciate your 

notifications. 

Kindly
Leonardo CS Agent

LovesDogs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone was set to LTE/CDMA/GSM and had T-Mobile selected as the network (for the 2G access). I don't have the option in my phone to turn on VoLTE so using the LTE setting is my only option. It worked fine yesterday, then not today. The agent told me they had done some work on the Network today.. so that was likely my issue.

It works fine now for texts and calls, still with those same network settings, so resetting my connection with Public Mobile did seem to be the solution.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if volte suddenly got enable on your device while you were away. Or someone was fiddling with your phone and set it to 3G or something. Or 5G. Just leave it on LTE etc. For talk, you might need to manually switch down to 2G unless you do have volte.

Need Help? Let's chat.