cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile here. Welcome to USA! ????????

TH04
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile here. Welcome to USA!

I’m more than 5 kms from the border in Abbotsord, BC. The only change I have done to my phone has been installing the latest Apple IOS. Anybody else experiencing similar issue? 

You can get a U.S. roaming add-on for as low as $10 for 15 days. Customers using Roaming Add-Ons may experience differences in coverage and service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) due to certain U.S. carrier 3G network shutdowns. Go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ for Add-On options. If you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers, visit bit.ly/1n8ObE2

11 REPLIES 11

TH04

👍😊

thanks @TH04   🙂

TH04

IOS is 16.3.1. Yes, red dot does show up if it’s a missed call, usually a number that is not in my contact list so the phone does not ring. Haven’t had any voicemail recently, but I will assume a red dot will appear. The phone is an older 8 Plus. 

Hi @TH04   yes, OS update can be torublesome sometimes  🙂

hey, which iOS version you are on now?  can you confirm if you are getting voicemail notification badge (the red dot) ?  We see mixed experience and people wonder if it has to do with iOS update

thanks

TH04

It’s an iPhone. All fixed now b thanks. 

TH04

Apple update changed my settings. All fixed now. 

TH04

Thanks softtech. The latest IOS update changed my settings. All fixed now. 

TH04

Thanks for the reminder and  tip hTideGnow. I guess the latest IOS update changed my settings. I have once again changed the “automatic” setting. 

Cheers

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely do to proximity of USA your location is 'recognized' as you being in USA. Nothing is perfect

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @TH04 what phone do you have?

Just choose manually to select Public Mobile as your network instead of using Automatic.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TH04 

Yes, US signal is usually a lot stronger than Canadian network. Your phone is set to automatic and usually will pick the strongest. signal

What you can do is to go to network selection, change it from Automatic to Manual and select Public Mobile to lock it with PM network

Need Help? Let's chat.