cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This one has ended. There are no real promos happening at the moment, but check back regularly. Often there are promos for weekends, and Black Friday is next week, but if memory serves me PM was fairly quiet last Black Friday.

Best advise is to simply check in and look at the Announcements every few days

nht
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you still has this promotion? Or if finish, do you have anything come up?

andy0311

Hi,

Unfortunately this plan expired July 4th, but for future reference:

1. The promotion applied to ANY talk and text plan.

2. If you added data the promo no long applies.

3. The rebate is applied to your account as credit and taken off of your next bill.

4. I believe the referral promotion is still happening - if you can get a current user's number and put that down as the referral you will get a $10 credit and that person will get $1 credit on their monthly bill.

5.  You may want to hold off for back to school deals or promotions.

6. As far as inexpensive plans go, Public Mobile is your best bet if you are within Telus's network.

azzaro

Hi,

I plan to get the $10 plan but not sure if the promotion is still there or if this plan is one of the plans that qualify for this promotion. 

If the $10 plan is not under this promotion, then I will go for the $25 talk and text plan which I am sure is the plan that Public mobile is offering the promotion on.

Furthermore, if I want to ADD a Data Add-on like the 22MB for $10, would I be able to get that on this $25 plan?

And the $20 rebate..how does that work?. Does it apply towards your next monthly bill?

smp99

Sorry. Talk only plans did not qualify. 

bchow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on the same boat but my plan only has voice so not sure if that is the problem 😞

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account and the $20 bill credit, just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Michico

Still no $20 reflected in my profile for this promo.. It’s been 1 week already Smiley Sad

andy0311

you won't get the $20 credit now but if you are able to get a referral from a current PM user you can get the $10 credit to offset the cost of the SIM card, plus $2 off per billing cycle when you use autopay.

link to $10 credit from referral:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Friendship-Forever-Celebrate-Your-BFF-T...

saukalra
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Right, July 4th has already passed so this offer is expired now.

winhorse

This offer "Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart" was extended and will expire July 4th, 2018.

saukalra
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately, I was hoping to sign up this weekend but just saw this message and missed the timeline.

Are we still able to get a free sim card (without the $20 credit) if we activate a new plan at Walmart or was the free sim card also just part of this deal? Thanks!

bchow

My plan has no data only talk. Does it need to be talk & text to apply?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bchow, did you activate a talk / text plan, or does your plan include data.  The $20 does not apply if there is data in the plan.   If your plan is only talk / text,  then you are eligible,  and need to get in touch with a member of the moderator team and ask them to investigate. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

bchow

I activated a new number in Walmart but I did not get the +$20 bill credit. The SIM was free since I activated it in Walmart. I got a $10 referral credit and $2 for auto pay. It was activated around end of June.

retsina

Thanks, PM. I really liked this promo. I opned two lines with this promo and referred quite a few friends. It's sad today is the final day. But, I hope we will see this kind of promo over and over again. 🙂

@HaroldCallahantoday is the LAST day

HaroldCallahan

I have gone to 3 Walmarts in the GTA area. 2 Walmarts have never heard of this deal and tried to sell me a Fido plan. 3rd Walmart heard of the deal, however the gentleman is saying that the SKU number for the free sim and $20 credit no longer exists and then proceeded to sell me the Fido plan.

Is this plan still on? Can I call someone at PM to walk the Walmart clerk thru the sales transaction? Are there written instructions to show the Walmart clerk how to process this request? 

I specifically showed the clerk this support thread and the clerk is adamant that this sale has been removed.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Callahan-

smp99

Thank you 

In my mind, this was a very good promo. I did take adavantage of it for a family member.

Well done.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @andy0311, Thank you for your interest in this offer. The promo will expire today, at 11:59 PM. Don't wait 🙂

Aïssata

andy0311

Heard about this too late and the wireless department at the Wal-Mart by my place closed before I was able to make it tonight. Does the deal expire at the end of the day tomorrow or midnight tonight?

Really hoping to go with PM. Thanks.

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow..that's a steal of a deal. 

3 months free if you subscribe to $10/30days.  Pretty awesome .

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@marvinliu wrote:

I just got my new sim card from WM ten minutes ago, did not get any refunds or credits. No free sim card nor $20 credit. Should I wait for a couple days? I want to grab another sim card for my wife asap so please clarify if the offer has ended or not.

-----

Update: I double checked my bill paid at WM, I think the sim card is $0. So now according to the post above, I just need to wait for the $20 credit. The plan's price is still unbeatable even without the $20 credit, so happy to join PM!

The credit can take up to 72 hours to appear on your account!

@adil-5aar "Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018."  from https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-y...

Doesn't get more official than a post from Brrooke. Robot wink

But there still may be glitches at individual Walmarts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

adil-5aar

Not sure what to say as answer.. but someone from PM team has to replay to your question ..

u will see many answer but none of them are official ... so the announcement say something, wallmart employer say something and we understand other things..

please some moderator answer us and clarify about the offer for free sim and 20$ credits and end date for each one ..

marvinliu

I just got my new sim card from WM ten minutes ago, did not get any refunds or credits. No free sim card nor $20 credit. Should I wait for a couple days? I want to grab another sim card for my wife asap so please clarify if the offer has ended or not.

-----

Update (Jul 3): I double checked my bill paid at WM, I think the sim card is $0. So now according to the post above, I just need to wait for the $20 credit. The plan's price is still unbeatable even without the $20 credit, so happy to join PM!

-----

Final Update  (Jul 4): Got the messages for the $10 referral credit and the $20 credit for the plan, very happy now and wish every one will have a great day!

Lambos

WM ported my number on the spot, didn't have to wait.

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

MacMe

@zygoat wrote:

I currently have a plan with a different Telus-owned brand (:P), from which I'd like to migrate.

Can I walk in to a Walmart this afternoon and activate a new SIM with a new phone number today on the talk+text plan, and then a couple of days later port in my existing number (thus disposing of the temporary number) while also changing the plan?

I'd like to be able to switch to the limited-time $40 "3G" talk/text/data plan without compromising my current data access, while simultaneously availing myself of a free SIM and the account credit.

Wondering how a deferred port-in and plan-change would work in this scenario. Is it possible?

Yes, you can. I activated my account and then a week later I ported over my number.

zygoat

I currently have a plan with a different Telus-owned brand (:P), from which I'd like to migrate.

Can I walk in to a Walmart this afternoon and activate a new SIM with a new phone number today on the talk+text plan, and then a couple of days later port in my existing number (thus disposing of the temporary number) while also changing the plan?

I'd like to be able to switch to the limited-time $40 "3G" talk/text/data plan without compromising my current data access, while simultaneously availing myself of a free SIM and the account credit.

Wondering how a deferred port-in and plan-change would work in this scenario. Is it possible?

EdmondY

Yet they still don't say which offer ends tomorrow nor the post was clear that the SIM card offer has already ended....

Need Help? Let's chat.