cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

E5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great plan, just actived but still waitting MOD to port my old number in. Hope would not wait too long. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Mukesh2559,

This is just a follow up regarding your inquiry. My colleague has reached out to you yesterday via private message in order to assist you, can you please view it ?

Thank you kindly,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Love this. Have already recommended to others!

@Mukesh2559 wrote:

Hi 

i have recently changed my last plan to this plan. Now on my account dashboard it says your account has been suspended. I am not able to reactivate it . 

Post your problem here in a new thread..more visibility..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/phones_and_hardware with details.

Mukesh2559

Hi 

i have recently changed my last plan to this plan. Now on my account dashboard it says your account has been suspended. I am not able to reactivate it . 

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great plan I just got this for my friend. Thank you Public Mobile for the good deals  🙂

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alan_KI just got it for my son, cheap and good plan. He liked it.

Thank you PM.

@disneybear15 wrote:

I just joined the PM community and got this plan and I'm excited to start saving!!! it's cheaper than the plan i I had before  and it's my first time having data too Smiley Embarassed!

Welcome to PM...get ready to start saving $$ on your cell phone bill. 🙂

disneybear15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just joined the PM community and got this plan and I'm excited to start saving!!! it's cheaper than the plan i I had before  and it's my first time having data too Smiley Embarassed!

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank You PM for bringing us this plan!

@luke wrote:

I just join this plan.  If Talk includes unlimited evenings and weekends that would be perfect.  

@luke  It does not, but you can get a free calling app like Fongo, or add on a 200/400 minute extra minute for $8/$15

luke

I just join this plan.  If Talk includes unlimited evenings and weekends that would be perfect.  

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stephanka 

Note:  This is a public forum, so I've edited your post to remove personal details such as phone number.

When you do an immediate plan change, the billing system does not give you back any credit for what you paid already. PM is a prepaid service, so generally, there are no refunds for any plans already paid. However, given that you made a mistake, the moderators may be able to do something for you. Only they can give you back any credit, but no guarantees, as they aren't obligated to fix what is essentially a customer error. Please use the link that Lieux provided to contact them. They can also get you the plan you want at the same time.

In the future, when changing plans, you can future-date the plan change by selecting "change on next renewal" so that the new plan begins on your regularly scheduled renewal date. That way, you don't lose any service already paid.

stephanka

Thank you, much appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

And Alan isn't just cruising around all day reading threads on the community. You would have needed to tag him specifically to get his attention.

But the mods here are more suited to your problem.

But I agree with Metal1967...you probably did this to yourself. Maybe the mods will do some goodwill for you. Be nice.

Perhaps posting a screenshot of your payment history might help us help you while you wait for the mods.

@stephanka wrote:

Hi Metal1967 - Are you a moderator? I was writing to Alan... I did the transaction yesterday.

Moderarators will have a "MOD" designation with a blue reactange around it to the right of the username.

@stephanka wrote:

I believe I was overcharge for $20 and I received the wrong plan. Can I receive some help?

The only way to receive this help is with the moderator..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437...

Metal1967

@stephanka .scroll up to post by @Lieux. A link to message a moderator is there..

stephanka

I believe I was overcharge for $20 and I received the wrong plan. Can I receive some help?

Metal1967

@stephanka 

No..not a moderator...what it looks like is..15$ plan chosen..then immediate plan change to a 30$ plan..which makes you lose the 15$...so you paid 45 + tax for this...next cycle will be back to 30 + tax...thats as close as i can figure😀

@stephanka wrote:

Hi Metal1967 - Are you a moderator? I was writing to Alan... I did the transaction yesterday.

No we are not moderator here..just customer like you..click on this link to write directly to the moderator..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@stephanka wrote:

Hi Alan, 

I recently tried to change my plan and I believe I was over-charged for $20 and most importantly, I was not able to choose my plan of choice. Can you help? 

I have been for years with the same plan with a 514 number (Montreal), decided to switch to this offer of 100 mins for $15, and it wasn't not working for me as I was not in Quebec, but the ad for ths deal doesn't provide this detail or it is hard to find.

I immeditately switch to a different plan as I need my phone to work, I am not sure how it was calculated, but right now, I am paying 55$ for exactly the same plan I use to have for $33, unlimited text and call, which works while I am in Ontario, unlike this $15 plan. So, with the taxes, I paid a lot more than I should have, and again, most importantly, I don't have what I wanted. 

I probably did choose the wrong options, but what happend is not ethical I believe, specially from the p.o.v. of a client that has been with PM for about 10 years more or less... 

Kindly, 
Stephan

Ok you did a mistake for your change plan...now the only solution is to write a message to the moderator here and explain what happened...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 they will answer you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. Be patient.

What I don't understand is why the 15$ didn't work because it's a Canada-wide plan too...??

stephanka

stephanka

Hi Alan, 

I recently tried to change my plan and I believe I was over-charged for $20 and most importantly, I was not able to choose my plan of choice. Can you help? 

I have been for years with the same plan with a 514 number (Montreal), decided to switch to this offer of 100 mins for $15, and it wasn't not working for me as I was not in Quebec, but the ad for ths deal doesn't provide this detail or it is hard to find.

I immeditately switch to a different plan as I need my phone to work, I am not sure how it was calculated, but right now, I am paying 55$ for exactly the same plan I use to have for $33, unlimited text and call, which works while I am in Ontario, unlike this $15 plan. So, with the taxes, I paid a lot more than I should have, and again, most importantly, I don't have what I wanted. 

I probably did choose the wrong options, but what happend is not ethical I believe, specially from the p.o.v. of a client that has been with PM for about 10 years more or less... 

Kindly, 
Stephan

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Edit by SD08 to remove phone number

Metal1967

@stephanka wrote:

Hi Alan, 

I have been for years with the same plan with a 514 number (Montreal), decided to switch to this offer of 100 mins for $15, since I am not using my phone often to talk, and it wasn't not working as I was not in Quebec. 

I immeditately switch to a different plan, I am not sure how it was calculated, but right now, I am paying 55$ for exactly the same plan I use to have for $33, unlimited text and call, which works while I am in Ontario, unlike this $

@stephanka 

When did you switch to the 15$ plan? And what plan did you switch to next and when?a little hard to follow..

@stephanka wrote:

Hi Alan, 

I have been for years with the same plan with a 514 number (Montreal), decided to switch to this offer of 100 mins for $15, since I am not using my phone often to talk, and it wasn't not working as I was not in Quebec. 

I immeditately switch to a different plan, I am not sure how it was calculated, but right now, I am paying 55$ for exactly the same plan I use to have for $33, unlimited text and call, which works while I am in Ontario, unlike this $

I'm not sure...You paid 55$ for a plan at 25$? Can you see which plan did you choose in your self serve account and in tab PAYMENT can you see the details of your payment ?

stephanka

Hi Alan, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nathana19 wrote:

Except you don't get the latest and greatest with Zoomer.  You get locked in for 2 years with a new old phone.  I have no issues with Koodo tab plans.  

Pays to shop around. Heck...I've never even heard of Zoomer. And now with requiring phones to be unlocked and/or unlocking for free when the contract is up then one is free to move on to another provider.

Edit: but then I hadn't of this place until a year ago 🙂

nathana19

Except you don't get the latest and greatest with Zoomer.  You get locked in for 2 years with a new old phone.  I have no issues with Koodo tab plans.  

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@harryleework wrote:

I just came over from Fido for this awesome deal.  Also got to take advantage of the referral credit too!  Wonder when the next referral promotion will be?  I have people who are interested!

@harryleework these new plans ($25 and $15) are still available; no end date has been announced, so they will probably stick around for some time.  The bonus referral credit promotions seem to run every few weeks, but nobody knows for sure when it will appear again.  There is still the ongoing $10 referral credit for the person being referred and the $1/30 day friend credit for the referrer.  This forum is the best place to check.

And the BEST WAY to guarantee that you NEVER miss another announcement is to follow the instructions found here:

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc

Need Help? Let's chat.