cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Unlimited Text and 100 mins of Talk for $15

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:

•      30-day plan
  •      100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
  •      Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  •      +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
  •      Voicemail and Call Display

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

Making a call

Answering a call

Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages

Using call forwarding

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi

Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?

Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.

If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?

There are two ways you can check your voicemail.

1. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
  2. You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.

Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?

Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.

If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?

Making a Call to someone in Canada

Making a Call to someone outside of Canada

Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World

In Canada

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.

Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.  

Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes

In U.S.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.

Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.

If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

473 REPLIES 473

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nathana19 wrote:

I'm going to port my wife's number over from Zoomer when the next referal bonus comes up.  Being locked in for 2 years doesn't make sense anymore.

People want the latest greatest and these phones are frickin expensive so the companies enable customers to choose to spread that cost out by commiting to a company for those 2 years.

I'm still fine with 5 year old phones that do what I need them to do.

nathana19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going to port my wife's number over from Zoomer when the next referal bonus comes up.  Being locked in for 2 years doesn't make sense anymore.

Pizzaeh

@harryleework wrote:

I just came over from Fido for this awesome deal.  Also got to take advantage of the referral credit too!  Wonder when the next referral promotion will be?  I have people who are interested!

@harryleework these new plans ($25 and $15) are still available; no end date has been announced, so they will probably stick around for some time.  The bonus referral credit promotions seem to run every few weeks, but nobody knows for sure when it will appear again.  There is still the ongoing $10 referral credit for the person being referred and the $1/30 day friend credit for the referrer.  This forum is the best place to check.

harryleework

I just came over from Fido for this awesome deal.  Also got to take advantage of the referral credit too!  Wonder when the next referral promotion will be?  I have people who are interested!

sunflowershine

@nathana19 wrote:

I love this $13 dollar plan for kids.  It's been teaching them how to manage data accordingly.  Finally a plan that makes sense!

@nathana19 Nowadays kids use texting most of the time. It is very cheap plan for unlimited texting too. 

nathana19

I love this $13 dollar plan for kids.  It's been teaching them how to manage data accordingly.  Finally a plan that makes sense!

TheOldVR

Mom and Dad both have smart phones and data as of yesterday evening... Thanks PM (I think) :P.

I used a custom launcher for them to make things easier... will see how this goes! I've already gotten like 15 calls from the landline about how the phones are broken 😛

@Dunkgirl wrote:

This is very tempting. If I switch and have an issue with autopay and lose the 250mb data, will the data bonus return once autopay has been reinstated or is it gone forever?

If the promotion is still available I think you will have it again for your next month???? And for not having any issue with autopay try to put your money few days before your renewal date.Smiley Wink

Dunkgirl

This is very tempting. If I switch and have an issue with autopay and lose the 250mb data, will the data bonus return once autopay has been reinstated or is it gone forever?

@fchung, there currently isn't an announced expiry date.  It could go on forever, or end tomorrow.

Plan accordingly.

fchung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could you please confirm when the offer expires? It's only been mentioned that it starts March 15th...

Thanks.

@porkchopbread, glad you're happy with your service here at Public Mobile.  Service is certainly similar in large centres between Telus/Bell and Rogers, but it is different.  For my experience, Telus/Bell coverage is superior.

porkchopbread

Signed up with this plan. With the 250gb for autopay, that is a fantastic plan. Service was just as good as Fido (who I was with before porting over)

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CourtSav24Really? Good!

CourtSav24

This plan is wonderful! 

hamaida

@sunflowershine @Katt 

Freedom Mobile is the worst network i ever used.. I use to be with them.. good plans but 0 network covering.

I am so happy with PM network.

Katt

@sunflowershine  Keep forgetting this. I need to stop comparing just the numbers and remember that the coverage as many of you say is terrible at FM. Thanks! 🙂

sunflowershine

@Katt wrote:

How about $15 plan with Freedom Mobile: 

-100 minutes Canada wide

+unlimited incoming calls 

-unlimited text to North America 

-250MB data 

@Katt Freedom Mobile has limited coverage of the communication network. 

Katt

How about $15 plan with Freedom Mobile: 

-100 minutes Canada wide

+unlimited incoming calls 

-unlimited text to North America 

-250MB data 

hamaida

@Alan_K  Good deal! But we are looking more deals for unlimited Text and calling with data!
Anyway we are happy from PM network, its cover every where.

sunflowershine

@TheOldVR wrote:

Moved both my parents over from Fido to this plan... it's a great deal although I'm a bit scared with my parents having data.

Gave mom a Smart Phone, dad has a flip for now as giving him a smart phone just sounds scary :P. Tomorrow is gonna be stressful with all the panic calls coming in about how the new phone won't work...

Thanks PM! (I think :P)

@TheOldVR Don't need to worry for it is a prepaid phone. They won't overspend on data. Well, people are getting smart now. Your dad may be able to handle that. Or you can ask him first. Even if you are not using the data, it is a good plan. 

TheOldVR

Moved both my parents over from Fido to this plan... it's a great deal although I'm a bit scared with my parents having data.

Gave mom a Smart Phone, dad has a flip for now as giving him a smart phone just sounds scary :P. Tomorrow is gonna be stressful with all the panic calls coming in about how the new phone won't work...

Thanks PM! (I think :P)

cool_beans

Great deal! These are the reasons I switched to Public.

Bruce_

Thank-You!

Smiley Happy

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bruce_  this is a good read.     https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Also I would use the 10$ plan not this one as the holding plan 

@DSM18 wrote:

Sure you can, but there's also a 50/50 $10 plan you can use as a place holder.

Alternatively, you can also suspend your service for up to 90days by selecting the 'lost your phone' tab. Becareful though, if your account exceeds 90days of inactive service you WILL lose your phone number.

Good option. Just keep in mind that you would lose any AutoPay rewards and related bonuses, if applicable.

DSM18

Sure you can, but there's also a 50/50 $10 plan you can use as a place holder.

Alternatively, you can also suspend your service for up to 90days by selecting the 'lost your phone' tab. Becareful though, if your account exceeds 90days of inactive service you WILL lose your phone number.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Bruce_ wrote:

Can I use this plan as a holder for a phone number (as a low cost plan) when I'm travelling abroad and revert back to a higher price plan upon return?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can do that, but when you want to use your phone more again, you will only be able to take one of the plans that is offered at that time.  In addition, if you make any plan changes now or later on, and have them set to take effect immediately, you will lose anything you have already paid for your old plan. The new plan will also be due in full immediately as well.

For the purposes that you've mentioned, there is a $10 price plan available.

Also note that you can "pre-book"  any plan to take effect upon your next renewal, up to 30 days in advance. So if you see a plan that you do not want to miss out on while you are away, it gives you that window to lock in that plan ahead of time.

@Bruce_ wrote:

Can I use this plan as a holder for a phone number (as a low cost plan) when I'm travelling abroad and revert back to a higher price plan upon return?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can do that, but when you want to use your phone more again, you will only be able to take one of the plans that is offered at that time.  In addition, if you make any plan changes now or later on, and have them set to take effect immediately, you will lose anything you have already paid for your old plan. The new plan will also be due in full immediately as well.

For the purposes that you've mentioned, there is a $10 price plan available.

Bruce_

Thanks in advance!

Need Help? Let's chat.