cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of 9:35AM ET June 25, 2018: This plan is now expired. 

Hey Community,

For a limited time only, Public Mobile is offering a $40 for 4 GB at 3G speed plan which includes Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International text. This offer is available for new and current customers. Plus, if you sign-up or renew on this plan and refer a friend, you and your friend will also be eligible for our new and improved  Refer a Friend Reward. Let the savings begin!

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get this Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer, what is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

You may choose to change your plan immediately or on your next renewal date. Here is the difference:

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.
  • A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.
  • Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.
  • If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.
  • You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

256 REPLIES 256

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi computergeek541,

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile.

Before we break it down for you, keep in mind that speed and signal strength can vary depending on your device, its configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions and other factors.

We offer data at two different speeds, 3G and 4G, both are great options depending on your phone usage:

Opt for 3G if you mostly use data to check Facebook, respond to emails or browse the web.

If you’re looking to do all the above plus stream HD videos and consume dynamic content, like Snapchat or Instagram stories with a seamless video experience, 4G LTE is our recommended data speed for you.

computergeek541, I hope that I was able to provide you with a suitable answer, and feel free to send us a message if you have any questions.

Regards,

Bladimir R.

GreatCanadian

Then my thought would be to stick with your current plan if you don't need Canada wide. With this current promo you are restricted to a 30 day plan. I prefer 90 days as it let's me hoard my data. 

GC 

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@computergeek541 there may be an easy answer  What do you use your data for..

Online gaming? 

Downloading large files, or a lot of files? 

Streaming 4k video? 

If you answered no to those 3,then 3g data is good.  In my opinion. 

GC 

In all honesty, I don't do any of those things with my data connection.  At the same time, I don't need Canada-wide calling either (I have Hangouts Dialer installed).  So, really, it probably doesn't even matter which plan I decide on.  The only reason I'm hesistant about what to do is because I know that once I change the plan (if I do), I can't get the old one back.

GreatCanadian

@computergeek541 there may be an easy answer  What do you use your data for..

Online gaming? 

Downloading large files, or a lot of files? 

Streaming 4k video? 

If you answered no to those 3,then 3g data is good.  In my opinion. 

GC 

smp99

Same dillema. I think I am going to stick to Fall Promo. It's more about 90 day vs 30 day than CdaWide or 3g

Interesting plan and quite good by Public Mobile's standards.   Now my dillema:  Which is more important - Canada-wide calling or LTE for the same price? (this promo vs. Fall Promo 2016)

@GreatCanadian, Oops!!!  My math skills weren't working..  I did mention 1.5 GB in the second part 🙂

GreatCanadian

@smp99, yeah, I was hoping for that too, as it lets me hoard my data!! But nevertheless, I'm content with the 4 GB/30 days.

GC

GreatCanadian

By the way @stonechucker it's 13.5 GB, not 12.5. I think you are aware of that, but I'm pointing it out just in case!

GC

smp99

I don't see an option for this plan at 90 days 12GB $120. That would have been nice too.

GreatCanadian

@stonechucker, yes I really like that $135 90 day plan. However I just future-dated for the $40 promo, because I have only used 1.6 GB of the 13.5 GB in the first 35 days of my 90 day plan. That is normal usage for me (perhaps a little lower than normal), so 4 GB/30 days is plenty for me.

GC

I like paying for a 90-day plan.  I'm seriously tempted to go for the 3G plan with 12.5 for $135, $129 after autopay discount.  the extra 1.5 GB for $15 over 90 is better than the $30 for 1GB addon (if you use that much), and it's a free upgrade to Canada Wide for those who can love the throttled 4G to 3G speed data.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If you need lots of data, this plan is better: 30 days 6.5 GB + Canada wide calling + texting for $50. Use "Build your own" to find it.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@denkom wrote:

Would LOVE to see this for LTE speed. Robot Sad

I don't see this happening again.  They have been trying to get LTE customers to migrate to Koodo and don't see a promo coming to increase the LTE customer base here

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there guys :D, just like Jp2 said you're all eligible to this plan by using the plan builder!

jp2

@fashion_babe wrote:

is the 4G+500MB at 3G speeds for $45 still eligible? 

Spoiler

Yes you can still get that plan using the plan builder 

fashion_babe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

is the 4G+500MB at 3G speeds for $45 still eligible? 

Spoiler

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Would LOVE to see this for LTE speed. Robot Sad

@mtfolks wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

How much was this plan before this promo?

The plan that is the closest match was $45 but it included a bonus 500 megs of data.  So, effectively, this "deal" reduces price by $5 and gives up the 500 megs of data.  Depending on how you look at it and your actual needs, it might not be the right fit.  As always, no one plan fits all.

At $5/mth for 500mb it feels like you’re paying a premium for that extra data. 

It really depends whether you rely on having those bonus 500MB, or if you went for it because it's always nice to have a bit more for the same price, you'll never know. If you regularly need to watch your usage at the end of your billing cycle, upgrading to 6GB might be the better option.

However, coming from the other side of usually using around 2GB: If you are on the "regular" $40 LTE light plan right now (2GB), this promo is doubling your data for the same amount. If you are on the $40 LTE light plan with bonus data right now (2GB + 500MB), it's still an extra 1.5GB...

Good promotion plan.  Get it while it last.  They increase price once a while.  

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another vote here for a good LTE plan, but for me 3G speed with LTE latency is fine.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

@mtfolks wrote:

@jp2 Not sure but I think previously it was 2gb 3G for $40. I think it might have been $50 for 4gb but it may have been $45. 

The build your own plan option is still there, $45 for Canada wide calling, text, 4.5 gigs 3G speed data. 

Yeah sorry. I was too lazy to check so was trying to go off memory. Clearly a mistake. 😂

@mtfolks wrote:

@jp2 Not sure but I think previously it was 2gb 3G for $40. I think it might have been $50 for 4gb but it may have been $45. 

The build your own plan option is still there, $45 for Canada wide calling, text, 4.5 gigs 3G speed data. 

mtfolks

@will13am wrote:

@jp2 wrote:

The plan that is the closest match was $45 but it included a bonus 500 megs of data.  So, effectively, this "deal" reduces price by $5 and gives up the 500 megs of data.  Depending on how you look at it and your actual needs, it might not be the right fit.  As always, no one plan fits all.

At $5/mth for 500mb it feels like you’re paying a premium for that extra data. 

sleungkm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all for the replies.

jp2

@mtfolks wrote:

I'm just trying to see if all of the 3G data came down in the plan builder or just this. 4.5Gb 3g is 45 dollars in the builder 

@jp2 wrote:

mtfolks

jp2

@slpless wrote:

Please make this deal permanent. 🙂

No such thing as permanent when the terms of service says there no such thing as permanent.  These flash sales come and go.  As always, you snooze you lose.

Need Help? Let's chat.