cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of 9:35AM ET June 25, 2018: This plan is now expired. 

Hey Community,

For a limited time only, Public Mobile is offering a $40 for 4 GB at 3G speed plan which includes Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International text. This offer is available for new and current customers. Plus, if you sign-up or renew on this plan and refer a friend, you and your friend will also be eligible for our new and improved  Refer a Friend Reward. Let the savings begin!

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get this Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer, what is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

You may choose to change your plan immediately or on your next renewal date. Here is the difference:

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.
  • A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.
  • Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.
  • If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.
  • You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

256 REPLIES 256

crystalholtby78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No voicemail after change my number yesterday afternoon 

Dunkgirl

@gmd wrote:

simply change the pin, as I have this message in my email everywhere!

@gmdYes its very easy for them to change it but I don't think they even understand they were not supposed to post their personal information. They may not understand this is a public place that anyone can see.

gmd

simply change the pin, as I have this message in my email everywhere!

Dunkgirl

@crystalholtby78 wrote:

Where did my 103.00 go I wnqt it back how and tanfer to this number $#$#*&$(#*$I am leave public mobile and going with fido her pin is ^%&*%

@crystalholtby78@crystalholtby78@crystalholtby78

remove your pin number and phone number otherwise your account is going to get hacked

gmd

I've since switched the accounts to Vidéotron. Works great, but most importantly, works everywhere. The more lines you bring, the better the deal.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gmd wrote:

I'm in Ottawa and have Videotron as an alternative. I need to decide between (5.5 GB 3G/2 GB LTE) or 7 GB LTE (I'd bring multiple phones). Choice is tough to make.

Public Mobile, which started in Montréal, does not seem to have plans directed at Québec's own regional provider.

You're right, they offer the same plans everywhere. I also wish I could get QC rates with a 613 number (and more important, I wish I could call Ottawa->Gatineau on a province-only plan). But I consider myself lucky I have Videotron as an alternative. I _almost_ signed up with 3 friends for $30/2GB (or was it $40, I forget now) on Videotron earlier this year. I was on an overpriced grandfathered PM plan, and getting Canada-wide calling to call Gatineau made their new plans uncompetitive, but then PM came out with these 3G Canada-wide plans which are really nice (and I don't need full 4G speed). I ended up on $40/4.5GB (less a bunch of Rewards) and am happy here. I did sign up for Fizz (V competitor to Koodo) but probably only for the 3months beta period, I'm got data-only and I'm using an old handset as satnav in the car. But only for 3mo, I can't imagine paying what the 1st-tier or 2nd-tier carriers charge [happily down here in the 3rd-tier bargain basement] 🙂

=aw

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crystalholtby78 wrote:

Where did my 103.00 go I wnqt it back how and tanfer to this number xxxxxxxxxx I am leave public mobile and going with fido her pin is xxxx

Aye carumba! Dude! This is a public forum readable by anyone whether logged in or not.

Send this kind of information to the mods only. Edit your post. Or someone will.

@crystalholtby78 wrote:

Where did my 103.00 go I wnqt it back how and tanfer to this number ****I am leave public mobile and going with fido her pin is ******

@crystalholtby78REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS! DO NOT POST YOUR PIN NUMBER

This is a public forum, anyone can see this

Send them to the moderator team directly . Click this to send them a message.

crystalholtby78

Where did my 103.00 go I wnqt it back how and tanfer to this number 5192883389 I am leave public mobile and going with fido her pin is 4082 

Lelievreaj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ec85 awesome! Make sure you sign up for the newest promo too, 4.5 gb 🙂

ec85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Signed up for 2 weeks now and it's been great! The speed doesn't really affect my type of usuage as I mainly surf the net, whatsapp and emails. I don't stream music or vids. The pages load quickly. Happy with PM

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@crystalholtby78 I'm not going to speak for the moderator team but generally speaking, people only get banned for poor behaviour such as being overtly rude, abusive, or threatening.  I have no idea what interactions you've had with them so I'm not trying to acuse you of anything, but it would be very uncharacteristic for them to ban anyone without some sort of reason.

What is the issue with your son's line exactly?  Was it newly activated on June 7th and just hasn't worked at all yet?  Was it previously working prior to the 7th and spontaneously stopped?  Was the 7th a renewal date for the account?  When you say it's not working--does anything work?  What have you tried for troubleshooting so far?  The community can help you troubleshoot this to a point, but if it's truly account related, you will need help from the moderators.  Hopefully since you're able to acceess the community now, your ban has been lifted and you can get help from them if needed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2

Sorry you are having trouble. My first recommendation is to calm down my second is to start a new topic so people actually see your post.

Was the number a new activation? 

What plan does he have?

Is his phone compatible with Public Mobile? 

crystalholtby78

MY SON NUMEBR HA SNOT WORK FORM JUNE 7 TO JUNE 27 AND TILL NOT WORK I WNAT MY MONEY BACK NOW THISB FRAUD AND I AM VERY UOPSET WITH THE MODE THERE NOT HELP ME THEY KEEP BANNED ME FOR ASK FOR HELP THIS WRONG AND I HAVE HELP ON HERE QAND NOT GOT PENNY FOR LIKE 10 DOLALR THIS WORNG TOO

gmd

I'm in Ottawa and have Videotron as an alternative. I need to decide between (5.5 GB 3G/2 GB LTE) or 7 GB LTE (I'd bring multiple phones). Choice is tough to make.

Public Mobile, which started in Montréal, does not seem to have plans directed at Québec's own regional provider.

crystalholtby78

Lock out and not got answer for jel p for 6 days 

GreatCanadian

@mysticode wrote:

@GreatCanadian done and done, thanks!

@mysticode Since this discussion, the plan has been upped to 4.5 GB. Future date again if you haven't already!!  Smiley Very Happy

GC

@stonechucker

As I said, "kind of"...

This is debatable, and has been discussed before. 

Yes TOS state 30 days, but the wording of the offer also talk for itself. In my opinion, the outcome of a court case is far from certain.

Anyways, I'm not on the fall promo, but if I were, I wouldn't change for the updated 4.5gb offer (although maybe the 5.5gb could tempt me)

@stevester911 yeah, that makes sense because this is a different plan. My plan updates on July 10th, and I keep future dating these better deals! Robot LOL Started off with 2.5 GB for $40... so an additional 2 GB will be more than I need on a regular basis. Good for those emergency times though!

GreatCanadian

What was your issue? Could you not log in, or could you log in but not be able to change plan.

GC

CalvinW

Tried logging in to change my plan, but couldn't do so

stevester911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the heads up! Note that as someone on the current $40/4GB promo plan, I still had to change my plan in self serve to get the $40/4.5GB.

MacMe

Looks like the $40 plan's data got bumped up to 4.5GB

4045.JPG

Also noticed there is also another "Special Offer":

$45 for 5.5 GB @ 3G

4555.JPG

@Someone_here, sadly, the Fall 2016 Promo isn't exempt from a price change in the future.  We were fortunate enough to have the decession reversed, as so many of us complained.

The terms of service that we agreed to when we signed up, or anytime afterwards that we were made aware of, by continuing to use the service, we agreed to all terms in the document, one of which is Public Mobile reserves the right to change the terms of all plans with a minimum of 30 days notice.

crystalholtby78

active a second line in my name for a 10 year old but the SIM card is band new it say invaild

@Someone_here wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Interesting plan and quite good by Public Mobile's standards.   Now my dillema:  Which is more important - Canada-wide calling or LTE for the same price? (this promo vs. Fall Promo 2016)

@computergeek541, @smp99 and others...

Not sure if it was mentioned before since I haven't read all 23 pages of comments, but if unsure about what's is better for you, I would definitely not switch. Why? Simply because fall promo price is kind of guaranteed not to change, while this new plan is fully subjected to terms of service!

I haven't been in a hurry to make the change.  Having Canada-wide would be nice, and it would prevent any of those long distance glitches Public Mobile has, but I've never experienced them.  The fact that I'm not jumping at the new plan is proabably a clue not to mess around.

If this current promotion was for 5GB or 6GB for the same price, I'd probably switch because I think more data is usually more important than faster data.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Interesting plan and quite good by Public Mobile's standards.   Now my dillema:  Which is more important - Canada-wide calling or LTE for the same price? (this promo vs. Fall Promo 2016)

@computergeek541, @smp99 and others...

Not sure if it was mentioned before since I haven't read all 23 pages of comments, but if unsure about what's is better for you, I would definitely not switch. Why? Simply because fall promo price is kind of guaranteed not to change, while this new plan is fully subjected to terms of service!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

A little informal poll.

Would you rather take 4GB at 3G with Canada wide calling for $40

Or 4GB at LTE/4G with Province wide calling for $40

I know much depends on whether Canada wide calling is needed but I'm fairly indifferent to that so just wanted to know how much slower 3G is. I have seen the video and read the thread etc but from someone who has recently used both...what's the difference?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crystalholtby78, what was the isue you need help with?  i noticed a question you asked about going over your data limit, but I think it was answered.  If your data runs out, is simply stops until the next renewal, or until you buy a data add-on.

crystalholtby78

I have ask for help to active a second line that was last Thursday no

answer

Need Help? Let's chat.