cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of 9:35AM ET June 25, 2018: This plan is now expired. 

Hey Community,

For a limited time only, Public Mobile is offering a $40 for 4 GB at 3G speed plan which includes Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International text. This offer is available for new and current customers. Plus, if you sign-up or renew on this plan and refer a friend, you and your friend will also be eligible for our new and improved  Refer a Friend Reward. Let the savings begin!

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 4 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get this Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only, so hurry and activate as soon as possible!

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer, what is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

You may choose to change your plan immediately or on your next renewal date. Here is the difference:

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.
  • A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.
  • Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.
  • If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.
  • You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

256 REPLIES 256

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sleungkm wrote:

My current plan $40 with 2gb+500mb data was activated a few days ago.  If I choose to change your plan immediately, will there be any effect on my account?  Does it mean the additional data will be calculated on pro-rata basis?

If it was only a few days ago you could try DMing the mods to see if they can switch you over. They may or may not be able to do so. 

If not, you can future data a plan change to the new plan for your next renewal date. That will lock in the pricing so you don’t miss out on the promo pricing even if your renewal date falls after the promo ends. 

@Lg85 wrote:

That is absolutely fantastic Public Mobile!  When are you doing the same promo for LTE? Keep the promotions coming! Smiley Very Happy

Never?  Smiley Frustrated

@sleungkm wrote:

My current plan $40 with 2gb+500mb data was activated a few days ago.  If I choose to change your plan immediately, will there be any effect on my account?  Does it mean the additional data will be calculated on pro-rata basis?

There is no pro-rating.  If you want the change to take place immediately, you would forfeit the remaining paid usage.  I suggest simply selecting this new plan and future dating the change to the next renewal.  Just live with what you originally purchased until renewal. 

jp2

If you change plan immediately in self serve you will lose everything you paid for before and be charged the full amount for the new plan. If you contact mods they maybe able to do it for you without costing you extra 

sleungkm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

marcomoore56

my plan dont coem out untill july 3 someone add usa roaming to it and it wa snot me

n dmy wife wa swith me june 7 to the 12 so it wa snpot her

jp2

@marcomoore56 unused credit on your account will be used to pay for your next renewal automatically 

marcomoore56

there is charger for 20 dolalr on my accoutn that i dint do for usa data and calling

meocon

@zz188659 you can try to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them nicely about that.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link. Good Luck!

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

meocon

Great deal so far for this year 🙂 hope this has 4G LTE like Fall Promo 2016.

slpless
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please make this deal permanent. 🙂

jp2

Good deal!

I assume this is not eligible for the 500mb bonus data? 

jp2

@zz188659 if you future date the change to this plan it will switch at your next renewal. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Great Promo @Alan_K, this will attract many new and current users

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That is absolutely fantastic Public Mobile!  When are you doing the same promo for LTE? Keep the promotions coming! Smiley Very Happy

zz188659

Hi, 

I just actived my 40 / 2.5G plan two days ago, could u help me get this 40/4G plan? Thx

Need Help? Let's chat.