cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of October 16, 2018: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective July 18th, 2018 as a competitive response, we are bringing back our 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 plan for a limited time only!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

310 REPLIES 310

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jennyyx wrote:

hi there, when does the promotion end? 

Unknown. Could be any moment.

jennyyx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there, when does the promotion end? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kashanafard wrote:

i have the 6gb 3g plan but for some reason the data will not work on my new asus zenphone max m1 but i can put the sim card in my old note 5 and data works perfect what could be the issue?

While resources may not be 100% accurate...that phone might work for 3G but not 4G on Public Mobile. Can you set it to 3G?

(according to gsmarena)

Disclaimer: I may be mis-interpreting. You may not have supplied the full model name specifics. So this is a start.

kashanafard

i have the 6gb 3g plan but for some reason the data will not work on my new asus zenphone max m1 but i can put the sim card in my old note 5 and data works perfect what could be the issue?

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Looking for your friend who use a previous cell phone provider you used.

Ask him to call the service center and get a unlocked code.

it is a best way.

do not pay at amazon or ebay, way expensive.

good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Snorkelhead wrote:

@CS_Agent

I'm trying to get this plan and my credit card was charged but I can't unlock my phone and I don't why

Unlock is a pretty substantial keyword in this business.

What all have you done and how far have you got?

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To unlock phones you must get a unlock code from the carrier that the phone is locked to

Snorkelhead

@CS_Agent

I'm trying to get this plan and my credit card was charged but I can't unlock my phone and I don't why

BC-Eddie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah that is what I suspectedd so I will have to live with my mistake.  

No will I receive the SIMs in time to take aadvantage of this plan? Hmmm?

Thanks for the Moderator tip; it might come in handy in the future.

@BC-Eddie

From my understanding, once the SIM cards are ordered, I don't think that you can do anything about it.  You could try to contact moderator, but reponse times are 1-3 days, so too late.  London Drugs or Walmart would have been faster....

@CK55

Here is the official statment from Public mobilie for call waiting:

Call Waiting

Call waiting allows you to put a phone call on hold to answer another incoming call on another line. This feature is different on every phone, but generally, an icon will appear allowing you to pick up another call. If this doesn’t clear things up, we recommend checking your phone’s user guide for precise instructions.

BC-Eddie

I think I know the answer to this question but I thought I better ask anyway.  I just did an online order for two SIM cards so I can switch to this plan.  However just after I clicked on pay I realized that I could probably gotten the SIMs much faster by just going to my local London Drugs.

My Question - is there any way I can switch my order to London D or must I wait forever (live on Vancouver Island) to get the SIMs in the mail?

TIA

Eddie

CK55

Anyone know..how to activate call waiting on the above plan..I had call waiting before..pls advise.

hopeyb

I got this plan today. I was also able to save $25 for me and my friend that referrred me. 

sakpase509

i changed my plan 3 days ago. 

sakpase509

now i can not make any call or recieve

I'm actually probably okay this renewal (tonight) as the latest community rewards were posted overnight, and they cover the entire amount of my plan change, along with the available funds already in the account.

$25 available funds, plus $35 reward credits (to be applied) > $40 for 4.5 GB plan.  My fingers are crossed.

Just in case, already gave a notice to my sister who is picking me up in the morning, to call my Fongo number if she can't get a text message through to me.

Wish there was some offeres at the $25 or 30 price point. Everything is always $40 + for 10x the data of what I need

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

So you've been hit by the bug where AutoPay doesn't process a plan change correctly.  Ugh... that's what I'm not looking forward to myself this evening.

I have a similar trepidation with down-grading in the middle of this month. Not auto-pay. I have the available funds. So we'll see.

So you've been hit by the bug where AutoPay doesn't process a plan change correctly.  Ugh... that's what I'm not looking forward to myself this evening.

You can try dialling 611, to see if that will get you into the automated IVR - it might work, otherwise, continue reading.

At this point, you'll need to submit a private message to the Moderator_Team.  use the sealed envelop icon near the top of this screen, on the right-hand side to do so.

In that message, explain exactly what you are experiencing, just as you have explained in this thread.  Also include your public mobile phone number, your account number and your PIN.  You may also need to include address information if you do not know your PIN.

sakpase509

yes it suppose to renew today. I change my 90 days plan to the 30 day 3 days ago. my phone not working today.

sakpase509

it is in suspend mode. 

@sakpase509, is your plan renewing today?  Is your account in suspend mode?  Is everything otherwise working correctly?

Please be more descriptive in your issue, as we can't assist without more information.

sakpase509

i wanted to change my previous plan to the 4.5GB it wont let me

Sher39

I think it’s until September 13th.

Sher39

I’ve been using public mobile for a week and I really love it. Sometimes it doesn’t work in the basement but it’s okay. It’s still worth it. I’m saving $17 a month on my phone bill which translates to about $230 a year. I went to the Public mobile kiosk and got a voucher for $40 so my first month was free. Plus if I refer you, you get $25 referral discount on your next bill. Pretty awesome. It is a win-win situation with public mobile.

Souky123

thank you for the bravo

Souky123

Awesome service i agree just need unlimited data thats all thats missing

a1_gaurav

Happy with PM network and speed ! 

Souky123

You have to pick the right plan unlimited canada usa did you do this?

Need Help? Let's chat.