cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of December 31, 2019: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler
Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs
1. Where do I find my referral code?

Visit this link to learn more about referral codes.

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

Yes, you will receive the ongoing one-time $10 account credit.

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

223 REPLIES 223

@CalebK  Did you activate and miss the deadline by taking too long to finish in time or you had an error and/or had to wait out a lock out session? Or did you just not find out with enough time to activate? You never know they might extend the promotion. Check back in the morning. Sign up for deal alerts. There will be another promotion soon. Kris Kringle is on his way.

@CalebK wrote:

I missed the deadline to be given the extra 5gb of data. 

Did you sign up? If no, you can wait for a future promo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CalebK wrote:

When does this offer expire?

Nothing announced. Could be tomorrow. Could be next month/year.

CalebK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I missed the deadline to be given the extra 5gb of data. 

CalebK

When does this offer expire?

@nelsonereeny wrote:

Well, when I was at the store today, the person at the store refused to enter the referral code, so it looks like I (and my friend) have lost out on this now, if what you say about it stackable with the Black Friday 5GB offer is correct.

@nelsonereeny  After contacting the moderators to have the referral code added....please leave a review of your experience at that retailer on public mobiles store locator section.

@computergeek541 

Thanks for the detail! Interesting that they do that at all.... not wanting to get complaints about waking someone up! I have had a couple of texts about referrals arrive promptly at 9 AM pacific time.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

I have always received a text message quite quickly (minutes to an hour later) indicating that I had successfully referred a friend. After some hour in the evening the text message is held until morning.

The cut off time for that text message is 9pm eastern/6pm pacific.  No further text messages about referral rewards will be sent until the next day at 12 noon (eastern time).

I have always received a text message quite quickly (minutes to an hour later) indicating that I had successfully referred a friend. After some hour in the evening the text message is held until morning.

AE_Collector

DABD2646-7F67-4C92-A684-F96954D0F203.jpeg

@apvm wrote:

Just refered someone to join this afternoon, how long does it take usually for the credit to appear?  TIA

The $1 reward should show immediately. The $20 account credit for you referring someone and the $10 account credit for the person being referred should take up to 72 hours.

apvm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just refered someone to join this afternoon, how long does it take usually for the credit to appear?  TIA

nelsonereeny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@totalUser wrote:

@nelsonereeny 

The person who was gonna use the referral should contact moderators and let them know what happened, if they also include the referral moderators will be able to manually adjust it. Not all is lost, don't give up and welcome to public

Yes I will do that. Thank you very much. I understand that retail stores are hit and miss as they sell multiple for providers, but anyway have submitted a negative review for the store in question.

@nelsonereeny 

The person who was gonna use the referral should contact moderators and let them know what happened, if they also include the referral moderators will be able to manually adjust it. Not all is lost, don't give up and welcome to public

nelsonereeny

Well, when I was at the store today, the person at the store refused to enter the referral code, so it looks like I (and my friend) have lost out on this now, if what you say about it stackable with the Black Friday 5GB offer is correct.

@jayphone 

@jayphone wrote:

How do I do that?  The moderator for what?  

I can't see my question now anymore.  But pretty sure I'm missing the $10 referral bonus (plus my friend should get the rewards for referring), plus Black Friday extra 500mb data, and free second month of service.  Also I bought the SIM card in store and tried to activate it there but they said to do it online.  Now I'm seeing something about a free SIM if you activate in store.  

It does take time for credits to show up.  If you entered your friend's referral code, it should be processed unless there was an error message.  

Friend referral credit for you should show up within 72 hours (usually 24 hours), 5 GB data within one week, 2nd month free within 72 hours.  As for SIM card, if you activated in store, the  vendor should not ahve charged you for it.  You could message moderator to see whether they can help and maybe get credit  YMMV. 

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

jayphone

How do I do that?  The moderator for what?  

I can't see my question now anymore.  But pretty sure I'm missing the $10 referral bonus (plus my friend should get the rewards for referring), plus Black Friday extra 500mb data, and free second month of service.  Also I bought the SIM card in store and tried to activate it there but they said to do it online.  Now I'm seeing something about a free SIM if you activate in store.  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jayphone if you went thru the activation all you can do is send a message to the Moderator_Team and ask if they can apply it,  maybe they will 

jayphone

I just activated a new SIM online, put in the referral code from a friend and it didn't process... what do I do now? 

Melch

Good luck but from what I understand, it can not be done retroactively.  Please let us know if this works out for you going through the bot. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dwoods99  you can click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket and the moderators will get back to you.  They may or may not be able to help you with that, it's their decision.   Good luck 

dwoods99

I got 3 phones transfered from Bell with the same phone numbers.

There was no friend refer code given after the first phone was setup, that we could use on the second phone activation. No code after that was setup.

I'm home now and created a self serve account for my phone. I have found the refer code now. However does it mean it's too late to get the $20 refer bonus and $1 monthly credit?

tingusdm

very good offer

As always, no one knows what will happen in the future. For many the $10 credits for first 6 months promo that ended Nov 24 was still better than the Black Friday promo that began Nov 25.

The best way to take advantage of the current promo is to talk some friends and family into making the move by Monday night! Start getting referrals and referral bonuses!

AE_Collector

Darkebane

I should have waited 4 days to make my account.. Could have got my buddy a good discount, and also been able to take advantage of the black Friday Perks of bonus data.. 

Sometimes the promos offer ten or twenty bucks (one way or another), sometimes a "free" month of service, sometimes extra GB. Sometimes multiple things in different combinations.

So you can sometimes score another $20 (or whatever) by sitting out a "bad" promo and waiting to catch a "good" promo. A lot of people do that - and I think it's bad math because it means they still have to pay an extra $50 (or whatever) each month they stay with another carrier. 

@pmbrown wrote:

How often do promotions like this happen? I get the feeling that I shouldn't recommend anyone to PM except while a promotion is happening...

It feels a bit bad because I joined less than a week ago, so my referrer loses out on $20 because I was too quick 😛

There are times when there are no promotions. A lot of the time, there are weekend promotions. So, they're not rare, but it's more of a matter of if the promotion that is being offered appeals to you. There's no guarantee that the next offer with be either better or worse, so my suggestion would be to grab a plan if you like what you see. There's no point in gettting upset at a better offer coming along after signing up because we can't travel back in time to reverse things. If you're happy with any promotion that you were able to take advantage of, something offered to new customers later shoudln't change your level of satisfaction.

ta_wood

I love all the perks that public mobile has to offer! I definately suggest to all my friends they should switch! 

I seem to always have a few friends who are "thinking about switching" but left on their own it doesn't happen. I always use the arrival of promotions to step up the pressure on them to "get it done". Usually the promotions are for them, the new customer but at times like right now through Monday December 2 there is a promo for the new customer AND the person making the referral. I keep a spare SIM card or two on hand as well so that if they can't get one in time (especially during short promotions) I can solve that problem as well. Time to get your salesman hat on! 

AE_Collector

@pmbrown wrote:

How often do promotions like this happen? I get the feeling that I shouldn't recommend anyone to PM except while a promotion is happening...

It feels a bit bad because I joined less than a week ago, so my referrer loses out on $20 because I was too quick 😛

Its unpredictable when the promo or Flash sale happens. Just gotta keep watching. Maybe look just before a long weekend or holiday.

Need Help? Let's chat.