cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

@Rgrieve 

Message the moderators and explain your situation. The flash sale was posted later than usual. If you activated the accounts after the posting of the flash sale you may be able to convince them to offer you the credit as a good will gesture.

Pre-COVID if you activated within the conditions of the flash sale by happenstance you still benefited. The sticking point is the pre-registration of the emails but the purpose of this is to allow those without access to a retail location to register within the "flash" time frame but be able to recieve the online ordered sim in time (by Sept 11th) to activate it. So by this reasoning you may be able to qualify unless the 30 day credit can be only triggered to be added to your account by the pre-registration of the email.

But it's worth a shot....at least you do get your referral bonus credit of $10 each and you referred from one to the next.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@darliciousthanks for the advice.  What is the right way to message the mods directly?

I was trying to figure out what time the sale was posted, but all the timestamps I can find are "yesterday", the actual time info seems to be stripped once the day ticks over.  Maybe because I'm on mobile.  The accounts were activated between 5pm and 10pm ADT, so maybe some activations might be possible, as you say it is worth a try.

One question about referrals: I activated 4 accounts, so used 3 referrals back to my first account.  I see the $1/mo reward immediately.  However as of this morning, only one of the three $10 bonus credit has shown up on the account.  Is it safe to assume the other two will eventually show up on the account?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Rgrieve 

As long as you see the $1 rewards the bonus $10 credits will follow within 72 hours. My guess was the sale was announced around 1pm pt so 5pm at so you are probably good time wise. Use your private messages to contact the moderators. Type Moderator_team in the send bar, current ñext 30 days free promo in the subject bar and then explain the issue asking nicely if you qualify. You can always private message me for further advice on the moderators if necessary. 

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a fantastic deal! I recommended this deal to family members and some of them are switching over as well. I too have recently just switched over to Public Mobile and it's been great! FINALLY, affordable cell service in Canada! Yay! 

Highlighted

Would signing up PM at walmart considered as activated online?  Also I'd submitted kid's email for the offer but all I got from the link is something about the email is this:
This is confirmation that the email address you entered is now eligible for this limited time offer.

I didn't see any email confirmation, how do I know that the email address is registered?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@xdragon wrote:

Would signing up PM at walmart considered as activated online?  Also I'd submitted kid's email for the offer but all I got from the link is something about the email is this:
This is confirmation that the email address you entered is now eligible for this limited time offer.

I didn't see any email confirmation, how do I know that the email address is registered?

@xdragon 

Walmart activation is consider in store activation and probably will not work with this promotion.  Walmart itself might have its own promo though.  You will need to activate at home, online. 

Usually, you will not immediately get an email confirmation.  You might get a reminder email later on in the promotion. 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xdragon wrote:

No. In-store is not considered online. If you submitted the e-mail address, it is registered. Public Mobile doesn't always send out e-mail confirmations for this sort of thing.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is great! If only I could receive my SIM card I ordered 2 weeks ago! 😫

Highlighted

Hopefully you get it soon! To ensure you get the $0 on your second month, make sure to register your email for the deal before Aug 31. You must activate your SIM card before Sept. 11. 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 If Public Mobile doesn't send email confirmations that your email is registered, how would it be "corrected" if there was an issue when you get the sim card and are ready to register?  If for some reason there was a system glitch and it didn't register your email to receive the promotion.