cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

Email Notification for Suspend Status

Hey Community,

We’ve noticed that many of our customers are looking for more notifications related to account suspension. Starting Friday, August 28th, 2020, customers whose accounts have remained in suspended status for 3 days will now receive an email notification to make sure they are aware.

What will the email include?

• A notice that your account is in suspend status
  • An explanation of what happens if your account stays in suspend status
  • Instructions on how to make a payment and reactivate your account 

We hope you find this additional notification helpful! 

- The Public Mobile Team

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Email Notification for Suspend Status

Thanks @Catherine_T this makes sense. While you  are here could you please explain the rationale behind withdrawing the new  port protection emails. The one that required customer's answering yes to allow the port? Appreciate the answer. Stay safe Have a great weekend. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the improvement.  Might be more helpful to have the email the first day of suspension.  If the customer is unaware, might be missing some important phone calls or texts

Highlighted
Oracle

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks @Catherine_T this makes sense. While you  are here could you please explain the rationale behind withdrawing the new  port protection emails. The one that required customer's answering yes to allow the port? Appreciate the answer. Stay safe Have a great weekend. 

Believe it's an industry wide initiative; bit like getting google and apple to cooperate.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Oracle

Earlier notification would even be better.  Better late than never I suppose.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T 

Great news and great improvement. We had lots of people coming here in panic. I'm assuming the day of suspention the sms goes out, then the 3rd day this email. I believe that is sufficient as you don't want to spam people either

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for sending this notification! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T 

I guess this is helpful? Most customers come here upset at about the day of renewal asking why they didn't recieve any notice that their plan was suspended. Three days seems too little too late. I think the email should go out the same time the SMS text goes out at noon et. They can't recieve the text if they are suspended so the email should be sent then......if your enabling this feature it shouldn't be hard to move it to the day of suspension.

Highlighted
Oracle

I agree most people will want to know immediately about suspension and most will know day 1 they have no service and if they want they will re activate 

I think this is more of a marketing tool /gimic trying to encourage people to come back to pm.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo 

If it is its not a good one but will help grandma notice her low use $10 account is suspended. So there's that....

Need Help? Let's chat.