cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

SMS Notification for Autopay Error

Hey Community,

Starting August 18th, 2020, we will be sending out SMS notifications for Autopay failures to keep customers informed while we work on fixing any preventable issues that may be causing these failures. We saw a lot of demand for this feature, and are excited for this new addition. We will still be sending out the existing account suspension SMS - more details listed below. 

What to expect: 

For customers who have Autopay set up, if for some reason, an Autopay transaction doesn’t go through, Public Mobile will now send an additional SMS on top of the existing account suspension SMS to the phone number on that account:

1. New: SMS notifying the account owner of the Autopay error. This SMS will provide the reason for the failure, and instructions for making a one-time payment and resuming Autopay on the next renewal cycle.

• Example: “Public Mobile msg: We tried to process your Autopay renewal but something went wrong due to a temporary system error. Please make a one-time payment at *611 or https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca. Autopay will resume on your next renewal.”

1. Existing: SMS notifying account suspension. (Note that a customer who made a one-time payment after receiving the first SMS will still receive this message. They can just ignore this message.) 

• Example: “Public Mobile here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve. If you have recently made a manual payment, please ignore this message."

At Public Mobile, we value your feedback greatly. Let us know what you think about this new feature in the thread below 🙂 

- The Public Mobile Team

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: SMS Notification for Autopay Error

Great idea. @Catherine_T  couldn't you make the last message be the normal payment thankyou message.  Stay safe,.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would say that with these notice of suspension and autopay failure, I'd rather see the notification of plan renewed and rewards applied messages to be discontinued.  I never saw a purpose to them, and some find them a minor annoyance.  If Public Mobile wishes to thank customers after each renewal, I would encourage that be done within automatically e-mailed receipts.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would say that with these notice of suspension and autopay failure, I'd rather see the notification of plan renewed and rewards applied messages to be discontinued.  I never saw a purpose to them, and some find them a minor annoyance.  If Public Mobile wishes to thank customers after each renewal, I would encourage that be done within automatically e-mailed receipts.

I disagree. I like to see it took and my renewal is in place.  Like many other alerts for banking and credit cards.....you look at them.....you are reassured all is working.....our you need to take action.....they are usually all deleted.......takes a second or two. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma 

There is already message like that:

Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed! Let's keep the conversation going.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak I was suggesting that they send that message after you have successfully reset your service. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma 

Oh I got it.

Well as I understand these messages are not confirmation but to get your attention, if you are reactivating you attention is probably already there.

Cheers

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If Public Mobile implements these new failure messages, then please give us the ability to  disable the existing two payment related SMS messages:

- Your payment is due, if you are on auto-pay then ignore this....
- Thanks for your payment...

I hate those two SMS messages, because they arrive at 1am and wake me up.  Super annoying.  There is no option to stop them. 

If the new failure messages become live, then those two messages are not really necessary any more and I would like to stop them.  (Or at least prefer to have them sent via email instead of SMS.)

I just want to be notified when there is a problem.. not anytime else.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@hstraf wrote:

If Public Mobile implements these new failure messages, then please give us the ability to  disable the existing two payment related SMS messages:

- Your payment is due, if you are on auto-pay then ignore this....
- Thanks for your payment...

I hate those two SMS messages, because they arrive at 1am and wake me up.  Super annoying.  There is no option to stop them. 

If the new failure messages become live, then those two messages are not really necessary any more and I would like to stop them.  (Or at least prefer to have them sent via email instead of SMS.)

I just want to be notified when there is a problem.. not anytime else.

Thanks.

Once again I disagree. I want them. I have never ever had a text from PM before 9am. They have never ever texted me after  5pm. Why not be informed/communicated with?

One day you’ll be asking for them. Put your phone on DND. Are you located in a province different than what province that your SIM is registered in? 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in the same province as my SIM chip.

I understand some people want the two messages I mentioned.  What I am suggesting is the option to disable them.  

We should be able to login to the account area, and enable/disable whatever notifications we want.  Or at least be able to choose to have them send as either SMS or email or both.

Need Help? Let's chat.