cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: SMS Notification for Autopay Error

Instead of sending text message to subscriber first, moderator_team should get the failed renewal message and keep that account working until after moderator has a chance to find out what when wrong. 

If the renewal problem is due to PM server, moderator manually takes fund from autopay cc to pay for renewal and fix the account renewal issue without subscriber knows about it.

If renewal problem is due to credit/debit card issue, send out text message and suspend that account.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

instead of wasting time and resources into fixing auto-pay. how about when someone registers for auto-pay, a pop up warning will appear

"for reasons unknown to our technical support team, please be advised customers are seeing intermittent failures in auto-pay. if having an active service at all times is crucial, please make a manual payment to have the (available funds) in the self serve account for the system to withdraw. when proceeding in this direction, you will still be eligible for the $2 auto-pay reward regardless of manually topping up"

-thank you for your patience, while the support team looks into this issue.

then you can focus on implementing VOLTE and improving the overall voice/text services(reception) 👍

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

instead of wasting time and resources into fixing auto-pay. how about when someone registers for auto-pay, a pop up warning will appear

"for reasons unknown to our technical support team, please be advised customers are seeing intermittent failures in auto-pay. if having an active service at all times is crucial, please make a manual payment to have the (available funds) in the self serve account for the system to withdraw. when proceeding in this direction, you will still be eligible for the $2 auto-pay reward regardless of manually topping up"

-thank you for your patience, while the support team looks into this issue.

then you can focus on implementing VOLTE and improving the overall voice/text services(reception)

🤞 

If I am reading the message correctly if you are already on auto pay and then it fails, you will receive a text. 

When I worked that was what we used to call  a band aid fix.  We were encouraged to FIX  the problem VS using a band aid.  

And and there  is no doubt in my mind that the PM website is a copy of the Telus prepaid website and then customized with adds and takes to make it the PM website we see today. And I admit, I believe over a 13 year period I had to deal with Telus a few times because their auto pay did fail. They fixed right away on a phone call AND they explained to me why/how it happens. The latter makes me wonder why it is still not fixed. BTW the Telus “switch” on the prepaid side, to use auto pay or take payments from your balance does NOT work. But PM has resolved that by a no choice option of taking your payment from balance first and then from auto-pay.  I over see my mother in laws Telus  prepaid account. 

But know now that I have written this, the text is a fantastic improvement as no doubt some of us (including me) would not have the slightest idea that we had no service. 

Thus us I am on the hybrid auto pay program. 😀

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would say that with these notice of suspension and autopay failure, I'd rather see the notification of plan renewed and rewards applied messages to be discontinued.  I never saw a purpose to them, and some find them a minor annoyance.  If Public Mobile wishes to thank customers after each renewal, I would encourage that be done within automatically e-mailed receipts.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would say that with these notice of suspension and autopay failure, I'd rather see the notification of plan renewed and rewards applied messages to be discontinued.  I never saw a purpose to them, and some find them a minor annoyance.  If Public Mobile wishes to thank customers after each renewal, I would encourage that be done within automatically e-mailed receipts.

I disagree. I like to see it took and my renewal is in place.  Like many other alerts for banking and credit cards.....you look at them.....you are reassured all is working.....our you need to take action.....they are usually all deleted.......takes a second or two. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

That's great news

We needed this, some occasional users would go days before realising, only when they urgently need the phone or even worse when they figure out something is wrong with their banking.

Next thing  port block. 

Should be always on, only lifted by request to mods

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma 

There is already message like that:

Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed! Let's keep the conversation going.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak I was suggesting that they send that message after you have successfully reset your service. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I personally consider the message that your card will expire in a week the solution to the expired card issue. More than enough, if you fail to react, you probably intended to suspend your account. You should never block 611

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak 

I'm fine with the new final confirmation of the port request.